Refund for '02 Machine

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Irisheyes02

Refund for '02 Machine

Post by Irisheyes02 »

Let's recap the '02 Machine spring season thus far:

In April, we drove to Chicago, spent a lot of money and proceeded to finish 5th out of 6 teams playing some really bad hockey. We were told team was progressing and results would come later in the summer.

In June, we drove to Winnipeg (actually I flew) and proceeded to finish 7th out of 8 teams playing bad hockey. We beat the SJ team in a shootout on the Toilet Bowl Side of the tourney before getting waxed by something called Pacific Alliance in our last game. Pacific Alliance was almost as bad as SJ. Did anyone else see either of these teams play? They were weak teams.

This performance, or lack thereof, promoted me to ask for a refund for the rest of the summer. My email was not returned nor was my phone call. All I know is spending this kind of dough for such poor results is just plain stupid.

I think Mo Wanchuk was raving about how superior the '02 Machine team is. If it wasn't you Mo, I apologize ahead of time. If it was you, this begs the question, "have you seen us play?" It is a slow hockey team who can't pass or finish and the goaltending is average. Good times.
JoltDelivered

Re: Refund for '02 Machine

Post by JoltDelivered »

Irisheyes02 wrote:This performance, or lack thereof, promoted me to ask for a refund for the rest of the summer. My email was not returned nor was my phone call. All I know is spending this kind of dough for such poor results is just plain stupid.
If I guage this correctly and I think I do, are you saying you're shelling out money to see wins? At least your honest about it...I like that.

If you guys are losing just about every game, where are all of the talented 02's in the Twin Cities playing?
"I find tinsel distracting"
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Irisheyes02 wrote:Let's recap the '02 Machine spring season thus far:

In April, we drove to Chicago, spent a lot of money and proceeded to finish 5th out of 6 teams playing some really bad hockey. We were told team was progressing and results would come later in the summer.

In June, we drove to Winnipeg (actually I flew) and proceeded to finish 7th out of 8 teams playing bad hockey. We beat the SJ team in a shootout on the Toilet Bowl Side of the tourney before getting waxed by something called Pacific Alliance in our last game. Pacific Alliance was almost as bad as SJ. Did anyone else see either of these teams play? They were weak teams.

This performance, or lack thereof, promoted me to ask for a refund for the rest of the summer. My email was not returned nor was my phone call. All I know is spending this kind of dough for such poor results is just plain stupid.

I think Mo Wanchuk was raving about how superior the '02 Machine team is. If it wasn't you Mo, I apologize ahead of time. If it was you, this begs the question, "have you seen us play?" It is a slow hockey team who can't pass or finish and the goaltending is average. Good times.
Are your arms still sore from flying to Winnipeg or from patting your son on the back for being the best player on a below average AAA team?

Maybe your Little Johnny Superstar is not holding up his end of the bargain and you should pay more money to keep him on the team :wink:
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

Hook, line, and sinker.

I say we all chip in and give Irisheyes02 the refund he so obviously deserves.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

hell ... at least that northland group has sublimination jerseys
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Wasn't eyes02 the one pretending to be the orange parent who's kid was going to be on the brick roster? Good fodder!
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

DrGaf wrote:hell ... at least that northland group has sublimination jerseys
Are you implying sir, that the Orange jerseys are not high quality?
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

Now, i wonder who Irisheyes is? Obviously a parent from Team Minnesota.
Irisheyes, you interestingly enough left out the fact that the Machine made it to the finals in the Stars and Stripes (finishing ahead of the Blades) and the fact that the Machine was in the same pool as the eventual finalists Team Sask AND Winnipeg Jr Jets. Also, the machine played the Jets alot closer than the import loaded Team Minnesota Brick Team.
Enjoy Edmonton Irisheyes!
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Your $$ back ????
Irisheyes02

Post by Irisheyes02 »

Dearest Pylon, your anxiety is apparent and your love for our team is commendable. However, you know our schedule for S&S was stupid and Bernie didn't have us play anyone of substance until game 3. Just asking you to be realistic about our lack of talent and success.
BadgerBob82

Post by BadgerBob82 »

I can't stop laughing. My ribs hurt! 10 year old Machine kids playing "bad hockey". Some people have more money than brains! (i.e. $500+ to FLY to Winnipeg!)
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

Irisheyes02 wrote:Dearest Pylon, your anxiety is apparent and your love for our team is commendable. However, you know our schedule for S&S was stupid and Bernie didn't have us play anyone of substance until game 3. Just asking you to be realistic about our lack of talent and success.
The Machines game 3 was a blow out, game 1 was a two goal game and in the semis the Machine beat the BC Bears who beat your beloved Team Minnesota in Winnipeg.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Make the kids suck their thumbs in front of the other made teams/while everyone throws oranges @ them.
Mo Wanchuk

Post by Mo Wanchuk »

Irisheyes02 wrote:Let's recap the '02 Machine spring season thus far:

I was NOT raving about the '02 Orange being superior. I was calling you out for being a fraud.

Good luck in Edmonton :lol: Dex.
Irisheyes02

Post by Irisheyes02 »

You guys are funny today. As you may recall, my post had nothing to do with Team MN or the Blades for that matter. Was just speaking to '02 Machine's poor play at out of town tournaments. More fact based than anything.
Irish

Post by Irish »

You might be the first and only person to ever ask for refund at the Made.

Does the Made program offer refunds? What does the fine print say? :wink:
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Irish wrote:You might be the first and only person to ever ask for refund at the Made.

Does the Made program offer refunds? What does the fine print say? :wink:
He might not be the first and only one thinking about it. Doubt he will get his money back and am sure made had that all well covered. 8)
skipperj

Post by skipperj »

would you be wanting a full refund or prorated? I would ask for full and hope for pro. Don't forget travel reimbursments. wait, you could probably write those off on your taxes, scratch that one.
Irisheyes02

Post by Irisheyes02 »

Pro rated would be fair I think. Kid won't be around next year anyway.
Mo Wanchuk

Post by Mo Wanchuk »

Irisheyes02 wrote:You guys are funny today. As you may recall, my post had nothing to do with Team MN or the Blades for that matter. Was just speaking to '02 Machine's poor play at out of town tournaments. More fact based than anything.

Why don't you just worry about your own team and its success/failure in Edmonton. You should probably concentrate on that considering the amount of $$$$$ you will be paying/spending.

Fact is......you are deeply involved with the '02 Blades.

Have fun in Edmonton (or Philadelphia for that matter).
:roll:
Mo Wanchuk

Post by Mo Wanchuk »

Irisheyes02 wrote:Pro rated would be fair I think. Kid won't be around next year anyway.
Correct........He'll still be with the Blades.
Fun times

Post by Fun times »

I went up to Winnipeg with a team and it was a total blow out. MN Made may offer you more ice time then any other AAA team will but that will not make your kid the next Johnny supper star. They will skate like the wind and have a hard time passing the puck. MN made Hockey may need 5 pucks on the ice for the way they want to play the game. Still a good place to work on skills but as you can see the 02-03 teams are already starting to fall apart. Keep it up and the hope of the north just might pull it off for this class of kids.