Miracle Gold 03: The hope of the north???

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:At $4/gallon, who can afford the 40 minutes it takes to get from 694 to the rink?

Free, Bo? Ain't nuthin free.
What would you call the 30hrs over what you were told you would get, a trick?

A program without the greed...... :D
So are the free hours ones that the super rink aren't able to book so they donate it to the gold?
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
hardwater fan

Post by hardwater fan »

HockeyDad41 wrote:Are there any canadians on the gold team? :D
How about Hinckley? :D
scoreandscoreoften

Post by scoreandscoreoften »

Don't know why but, the 99 gold team completely disbanded after one season, even with a number of kids from up North. So, maybe the program isn't as solid as you think.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

I heard the other way around for the Stars and Stripes.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

99 gold team is alive and well. our one of our top Pee-wees plays on it. Talked to his dad yesterday, 'COME ON MAN"
scoreandscoreoften

Bad choice of words, sorry. But, at least half the team left after last season. That's a fact.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

scoreandscoreoften wrote:Bad choice of words, sorry. But, at least half the team left after last season. That's a fact.
The 99 coach (first year hiccup) was replaced by a very good (Andover 4th in State A Bantams) coach. The players were mostly south metro (Even a couple from Redwood Falls) and some were going to follow the NHL kid's dad to coach the Blades. Some players/parents are saying they want to come back with the new coach in place.

The 99's will re-strengthen with the great coaching and all that the program has to offer.

Hope this helps..
scoreandscoreoften

It does help. Sounds like they're back on track. Good luck to them.
intothezone

Post by intothezone »

The best part about the North Country! No Koolaide allowed, just beer! :lol:
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Nice!!! The way it should be!!!!
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Is that why the gold isn't in the stars and stripes? The top kids are on loan to a canadian team? Which one?
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

scoreandscoreoften wrote:Don't know why but, the 99 gold team completely disbanded after one season, even with a number of kids from up North. So, maybe the program isn't as solid as you think.
There has been more '99 Miracle teams than -- well, more than I can count on one hand. He can recruit. He just can't fulfill his promises.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

What are these promises ???? Do they short the kids ice? Short them tournys? Jerseys? Socks? What kind of promises??? I have never had a kid in the progam, but know many...
we're all crazy

Post by we're all crazy »

hockeygoof1 wrote:
scoreandscoreoften wrote:Don't know why but, the 99 gold team completely disbanded after one season, even with a number of kids from up North. So, maybe the program isn't as solid as you think.
There has been more '99 Miracle teams than -- well, more than I can count on one hand. He can recruit. He just can't fulfill his promises.
Please elaborate.

The majority of your posts on this board are anti-Miracle Gold, so I'm curious to understand what you know that I don't. Who is making false promises over there? What is not being delivered? Specifics would be great.

Fully understand that the 99's are not their strongest team.
bandersnatch

Post by bandersnatch »

Do you want to really get into the History of the 99 Miracle Level. I don't think it is HE that couldn't fulfill his promises. He was surrounded by a bunch of frickin Benedict Arnold's.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

Bo- How did your boy do with the Canadian team?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

HockeyDad41 wrote:Bo- How did your boy do with the Canadian team?
We were out horseback riding and sailing with Puck.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:Bo- How did your boy do with the Canadian team?
We were out horseback riding and sailing with Puck.
:D
hardwater fan

Post by hardwater fan »

InThePipes wrote:
hockeygoof1 wrote:
BadgerBob82 wrote:hockeygoof1: Having 30 8-year olds on the ice it too much? Good grief.
I didn't say anything about 8-year-olds. Try up 4 or 5 years. Good grief indeed. Yaaah, more half-ice practices. Gold, black & practice kids, sounds cozy.
How good is the black team, solid open team or very good open team?
Won the Meltdown Open. Went 4-1 along the way. Avenged a pool-play loss to Northern Wings by beating them in the Championship game.

Good start to the summer.
Goaloriented

Post by Goaloriented »

hardwater fan wrote:
InThePipes wrote:
hockeygoof1 wrote: I didn't say anything about 8-year-olds. Try up 4 or 5 years. Good grief indeed. Yaaah, more half-ice practices. Gold, black & practice kids, sounds cozy.
Won the Meltdown Open. Went 4-1 along the way. Avenged a pool-play loss to Northern Wings by beating them in the Championship game.

Should be said that with less than 10 min left in champ game they were behind 7-3 and came back to win in regulation against the team that beat them the day before. One skater from their first line donated a hat trick and the game winner himself during the third period come back. I feel all levels of this program will be generating a lot of attention in the upcoming years.
Titfortat

Post by Titfortat »

Will the Miracle Gold compete in any tournaments other than Showcase tournaments? Chicago? Winnipeg? Caribou? Stars and Stripes?

In order to be considered an upper level program they will have to branch out from just the Showcase tourneys.

I am not saying they are not doing this. Asking the question if they are playing in other tournaments besides Showcase.
we're all crazy

Post by we're all crazy »

hardwater fan wrote:
InThePipes wrote:
hockeygoof1 wrote: I didn't say anything about 8-year-olds. Try up 4 or 5 years. Good grief indeed. Yaaah, more half-ice practices. Gold, black & practice kids, sounds cozy.

Looking at the Meltdown rosters: 28 03's in the Miracle Gold/Black program won a championship at the Meltdown (Invite and Open).
Goaloriented

Post by Goaloriented »

Titfortat wrote:Will the Miracle Gold compete in any tournaments other than Showcase tournaments? Chicago? Winnipeg? Caribou? Stars and Stripes?

In order to be considered an upper level program they will have to branch out from just the Showcase tourneys.

I am not saying they are not doing this. Asking the question if they are playing in other tournaments besides Showcase.
2003 gold, 2002 gold and black (are the ones I know of) will be in Winnipeg.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
I heard there were 2 gold players playing for team extreme. Any idea how they got the opportunity? Is it common for teams to pick up players like that?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Yes it is common. MG 99's beat the 98's last night.