Miracle Gold 03: The hope of the north???

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

observer

Post by observer »

If they're playing in the open tourney they are not elite.
This is nuts!

Post by This is nuts! »

hockeygoof1 wrote:I was looking at the lineup for the Meltdown tournament. It occurs to me: Does the "Hope of the North" have a single team playing in the invite tournament? If they do, I missed it. This is an elite program playing in elite tournaments? What a joke. Maybe MG could put their trophy case on line so we could all enjoy all their "Open" trophies.
I beleive many of the Gold teams are playing in the Chi Town Shuffle that weekend, which is a much tougher tourny then the Meltdown. Last year Gold got bashed for just playing in Showcase tournys like the meltdown. Now they are playing In Chicago and they are getting bashed for not playing in the Meltdown.. WOW! :roll:
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Toronto & Chi town are the Elite/invite events of April. Seems like the Meltdown has lost some of it's luster for top end teams [opinion]. The meltdown open looks like it should be a great time for alot of kids !!!!
CoachMan

Post by CoachMan »

Miracle Gold is in the 02 Elite of the Shuffle. Interestingly enough, so is the Blades, however i noticed they are also entered into the Meltdown tournament which is the same weekend. Possibly its the 03 playing up in the 02 division but i think there is a Blades team entered in the 03 age group as well. Is there multiple Blades teams per age group this year??
observer

Post by observer »

Here we go, right out of the gate, goofy coaches entering their teams in the wrong tourneys at the wrong levels.

Pick a team by birth year and play where you belong. A team should have 15 skaters and two goalies. That's it.

Since the teams are poorly administered the tourney sponsors need to do some fact checking too. There should be zero playing up, for a whole bunch of reasons, if teams pick the appropriate tourneys.
mnhockey2019

Post by mnhockey2019 »

CoachMan wrote:Miracle Gold is in the 02 Elite of the Shuffle. Interestingly enough, so is the Blades, however i noticed they are also entered into the Meltdown tournament which is the same weekend. Possibly its the 03 playing up in the 02 division but i think there is a Blades team entered in the 03 age group as well. Is there multiple Blades teams per age group this year??
Both Euroamerican and the Blades are playing in Chicago.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

So we [MN] are sending a large group of our kids to the Chi !! What could be better !!. =D>
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

The same weekend of the Minnesota Meltdown. I thought the same thing. The in-state institution should receive more support.
This is nuts!

Post by This is nuts! »

SCBlueLiner wrote:The same weekend of the Minnesota Meltdown. I thought the same thing. The in-state institution should receive more support.
Or they should not try to compete with the bigger tourneys...
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

The open is packed. The 98's [hard age to fill] has a ton of teams. Now that might be because at that age kids don't play AAA. I don't know, but it's nice to have a local option as well.
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

"Elite level training for elite level hockey players." That's right off MG's web site. For every age boys, MG has an entry in the open of the Meltdown tournament. Are they sandbaggers or just not very elite? I don't see any of the "elite" programs in town entered in the open tournament. What gives? Maybe they should reword their advertising, "Pretty good training for some gullible families."
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

hockeygoof1 wrote:"Elite level training for elite level hockey players." That's right off MG's web site. For every age boys, MG has an entry in the open of the Meltdown tournament. Are they sandbaggers or just not very elite? I don't see any of the "elite" programs in town entered in the open tournament. What gives? Maybe they should reword their advertising, "Pretty good training for some gullible families."
Doesn't this program have multiple teams at several if not all birth year levels? If so, I suspect that the teams entering this tournament are not the same as the ones entering the Chicago tournament. Could it be that the tournament director forgot to append "black" to the MG name?
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
This is nuts!

Post by This is nuts! »

hockeygoof1 wrote:"Elite level training for elite level hockey players." That's right off MG's web site. For every age boys, MG has an entry in the open of the Meltdown tournament. Are they sandbaggers or just not very elite? I don't see any of the "elite" programs in town entered in the open tournament. What gives? Maybe they should reword their advertising, "Pretty good training for some gullible families."
Wow.. Goof, are the the director of he Meltdown and are angry that the gold teams are playing elsewhere ? Or did your kid get cut from the gold.. Why the bitterness? The miracle black teams are playing open in the meltdown.. Cut back on the caffeine, work in some decaf...
HB Miracle GOLD

Post by HB Miracle GOLD »

The Miracle Gold program would like to thank the 60 plus players and their families that made the trip to Chicago this past weekend for the Chi-Town Shuffle.

The competition at the tournament was excellent. Our four teams at 02, 03, 04 & 05 were all competitive overall. The challenge of playing both Tier I AAA programs or "Brick" All-Star teams are experiences that only a select few programs in Minnesota are capable of.

Miracle Gold is willing to seek the best competition (both local & travel) for its players at the youngest ages and our record will speak for itself.

www.miraclegold.org