Miracle Gold 03: The hope of the north???

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyfan74

Post by hockeyfan74 »

Not sure what tournament the 02 and 03 Miracle teams playing in Winnipeg, but if is not the North American Classic. The teams for the 2012 North American Classic are posted here:

http://www.northamericanhockeyclassic.c ... 2012&cat=2

The top teams play in the North American Classic - just because they are in a tournament in Winnipeg doesn't mean it is a good tournament. Would be interesting to see what tournament they are in and what teams are in that tournament.
HB Miracle GOLD

Post by HB Miracle GOLD »

There were 2 MG skating for Team Extreme, 2 MG skating with Legacy as MG had the weekend off. These players should have been pretty easy to spot.

Miracle Gold is skating in Winnipeg in May (4 teams) and have also been invited to return in June for the North American Hockey Classic.

Miracle Gold 2003 - Meltdown Invite Champions
Miracle Black 2003 - Meltdown Open Champions (inc. 4 - 04's, 2 - 05's that all participated and contributed)

Miracle Gold 2002 - Meltdown Invite - 2nd Place
Miracle Black 2002 - Meltdown Open - 2nd Place (OTL)

Miracle Black 1999 - Meltdown Open - 2nd Place

The facilities these players have carte blanche access to are second to none.

The training these players receive is second to none including FHIT - ESP, D-Core, O-Set and Minnesota Elite Goaltending Academy (MEGA) training by Justin Johnson and his staff.

We have program partners like Miken Hockey and Bite Tech / Armourbite that provide our players with access to their products.

After a month of the AAA season, ask yourself if you are getting all that you thought (or were promised) from your current program.

www.miraclegold.org
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

HB Miracle GOLD wrote:There were 2 MG skating for Team Extreme, 2 MG skating with Legacy as MG had the weekend off. These players should have been pretty easy to spot.

Miracle Gold is skating in Winnipeg in May (4 teams) and have also been invited to return in June for the North American Hockey Classic.

Miracle Black 2003 - Meltdown Open Champions (inc. 4 - 04's, 2 - 05's that all participated and contributed)

The training these players receive is second to none including FHIT - ESP, D-Core, O-Set and Minnesota Elite Goaltending Academy (MEGA) training by Justin Johnson and his staff.

We have program partners like Miken Hockey and Bite Tech / Armourbite that provide our players with access to their products.

After a month of the AAA season, ask yourself if you are getting all that you thought (or were promised) from your current program.

www.miraclegold.org
Thanks for responding and great start to the season. Any plans to play in some bigger tournaments next year? Finding and beating some of the higher end teams is great for building credibility in your program.

Did any of your 02's make the Brick team? Will the mg program send it's 03 skaters to the Brick tryouts next year?
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
we're all crazy

Post by we're all crazy »

HB Miracle GOLD wrote:Miracle Gold is skating in Winnipeg in May (4 teams) and have also been invited to return in June for the North American Hockey Classic.
Are your 03's skating as one of these teams in the NAHC or does the website need to be updated?

Calgary Havoc
Minnesota HTH Kodiaks
Sask-Can
NAS Capitals
Manitoba Team Xtreme
Cougars Selects Edmonton
Sask Grrrowl
Minnesota Blades
South Sask Selects
Minnesota Machine
Manitoba Lightning
Manitoba Storm
BC Bears
Rockford Jr Icehogs
Pacific Alliance
bandersnatch

Post by bandersnatch »

I love how the hockey snobs/dance moms, act like there is some unwritten rulebook to AAA hockey. All that matters is that the people that choose your program like what they are getting.

Its seems that now this has gotten to its third page, some people in the other camps must be somewhat threatened, or jealous of the MG program. Why? Because, I think secretly they know that if the Miracle Gold is able to create teams that are comparable to the other two, their run as King of the Hill will eventually end. As has been previously stated on the board:

1425$ for

50 basic hours
10 year round hours
15-20 systems hours
4 day John Harrington Camp
Offensive and Defensive Instruction by Former Professional Players
Unlimited FHIT Dryland Access
4 guaranteed tournaments (no funny business)
4 Jerseys
Big Discounts on Miken Equipment

AND......

Great Coaches (There is no shortage there)
Great Parents

You can bet your bottom dollar that the 2003's, 2004's, 2005's, which all have been started, and are all very strong groups will eventually find their way into all the elite tournaments. What's the hurry, the kids are 8, 7, 6?

Goodnight.....
flpucknut

Post by flpucknut »

Pretty sure he never said the 03s were skating in Winnepeg. Just that there were 4 MG teams.
BadgerBob82

Post by BadgerBob82 »

bandersnatch has hit the nail on the head!

Reality Show featuring the AAA Hockey Dads with their noses pressed up to the glass giving hand signals to their little super stars!

Then follow to the lobby and listen to the hushed bitching about this player and that parent.

Excellent idea! I only wish I had a production company and could do it.

I'm sure Bernie would love the national TV exposure of his nutjob customers.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

bandersnatch wrote:I love how the hockey snobs/dance moms, act like there is some unwritten rulebook to AAA hockey. All that matters is that the people that choose your program like what they are getting.

Its seems that now this has gotten to its third page, some people in the other camps must be somewhat threatened, or jealous of the MG program. Why? Because, I think secretly they know that if the Miracle Gold is able to create teams that are comparable to the other two, their run as King of the Hill will eventually end. As has been previously stated on the board:

You can bet your bottom dollar that the 2003's, 2004's, 2005's, which all have been started, and are all very strong groups will eventually find their way into all the elite tournaments. What's the hurry, the kids are 8, 7, 6?
Can someone say gold kool aide? Just kidding.

Seriously though I just took a look at the April schedules for both the 2003 mg and orange teams and in terms of number of days they practice they are pretty close. mg had 8 on their calendar and the orange had 10. I know the orange practices are usually 90 minutes but don't know about the mg, they only listed start times. The mg had one scrimmage on their calendar and 1 tournament. The orange had no scrimmages and two tournaments. Orange parents probably paid a bit more, but I am going to go ahead and chalk up the difference to the extra ice time and the expense of the chi-town tourney. Both programs seem like good values.

As far as coaching, at 8 and 9 years old I would assume that both teams are focusing on mostly skill development and probably some basic plays or positioning. I have heard that the top teams place an emphasis on passing as well. I don't think you have to be a Brooks or an Ikola to coach at this level. So that's probably not going to make a difference either.

I think the feeder program is the difference right now. At this age it's not that tough to find a 3 forwards and a defenseman or two on most of the teams that can compete with just about anyone. It's just that when the blades/orange third line is pretty much as good as its first and then on top of that you throw in that one or two exceptional player, you start to see the problem. The orange team has had a feeder program in place for awhile now and I think the 03's may be the first group where the team was picked entirely from choice league kids. I also know that the blades got some very good choice league kids and I assume that going forward they will continue to harvest from that pool of kids. I know of several families that are probably closer to the super rink than edina that participate in choice league. If some of those kids end back up north it would definitely strengthen that mg program.

I understand your loyalty to your program, but this thread is not about putting down the mg program. Clearly they are on the rise. I really don't think people are jealous of the program, just curious. They seem to be starting out very well and I for one would love to see them in chi-town, the stars and stripes, and the nahc.
Last edited by HockeyDad41 on Wed May 02, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is nuts!

Post by This is nuts! »

HockeyDad41 wrote:
bandersnatch wrote:I love how the hockey snobs/dance moms, act like there is some unwritten rulebook to AAA hockey. All that matters is that the people that choose your program like what they are getting.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the 2003's, 2004's, 2005's, which all have been started, and are all very strong groups will eventually find their way into all the elite tournaments. What's the hurry, the kids are 8, 7,

Seriously though I just took a look at the April schedules for both the 2003 mg and orange teams and in terms of number of days they practice they are pretty close. mg had 8 on their calendar and the orange had 10. I know the orange practices are usually 90 minutes but don't know about the mg, they only listed start times. The mg had one scrimmage on their calendar and 1 tournament. The orange had no scrimmages and two tournaments. Orange parents probably paid a bit more, but I am going to go ahead and chalk up the difference to the extra ice time and the expense of the chi-town tourney. Both programs seem like good values.

As far as coaching, at 8 and 9 years old I would assume that both teams are focusing on mostly skill development and probably some basic plays or positioning. I have heard that the top teams place an emphasis on passing as well. I don't think you have to be a Brooks or an Ikola to coach at this level. So that's probably not going to make a difference either.

I think the feeder program is the difference right now. At this age it's not that tough to find a 3 forwards and a defenseman or two on most of the teams that can compete with just about anyone. It's just that when the blades/orange third line is pretty much as good as it's first and then on top of that you throw in that one or two exceptional player, you start to see the problem. The orange team has had a feeder program in place for awhile now and I think the 03's may be the first group where the team was picked entirely from choice league kids. I also know that the blades got some very good choice league kids and I assume that going forward they will continue to harvest from that pool of kids. I know of several families that are probably closer to the super rink than edina that participate in choice league. If some of those kids end back up north it would definitely strengthen that mg program.

I understand your loyalty to your program, but this thread is not about putting down the mg program. Clearly they are on the rise. I really don't think people are jealous of the program, just curious. They seem to be starting out very well and I for one would love to see them in chi-town, the stars and stripes, and the nahc.
Last edited by This is nuts! on Wed May 02, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

HockeyDad41 wrote:

I think the feeder program is the difference right now. At this age it's not that tough to find a 3 forwards and a defenseman or two on most of the teams that can compete with just about anyone. It's just that when the blades/orange third line is pretty much as good as it's first and then on top of that you throw in that one or two exceptional player, you start to see the problem. The orange team has had a feeder program in place for awhile now and I think the 03's may be the first group where the team was picked entirely from choice league kids. I also know that the blades got some very good choice league kids and I assume that going forward they will continue to harvest from that pool of kids. I know of several families that are probably closer to the super rink than edina that participate in choice league. If some of those kids end back up north it would definitely strengthen that mg program.

The "gold kool aide" is called Beer. :D
This is nuts!

Post by This is nuts! »

Let's face it, MG, Blades, Machine, Euro, all good programs with good development. As a coach it's not hard to train talented/highy motivated players. I wouldn't knock any parent for choosing any of those programs, it's there choice. Although if MG can be more competitive maybe they can steel some of their north metro players back, then the tides will change.
bandersnatch

Post by bandersnatch »

Having seen both orange and gold up close and personal. There are very clear distinctions. The two most clear distinctions are... the way in which one motivates/ treats youth players. The other is cost/value. If 500$ or so is chump change to you... then i guess not an issue. Chicago tournament no more expensive... been there done that. Extra $ is called profit margin. Just to keep it real.
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

HB Miracle GOLD wrote:There were 2 MG skating for Team Extreme, 2 MG skating with Legacy as MG had the weekend off. These players should have been pretty easy to spot.

www.miraclegold.org
Does the '00 MG bring in kids that don't train with them regularly? Up at Showdown it looked like they had a new member. I wonder how the other players and families think about that. They just can't help themselves -- himself.
bandersnatch

Post by bandersnatch »

Uuuuuummmmmm.... think before you post bs...... no new 00 players rostered.... all part of 19 player roster.... which player were you referring to? No machine socks or blades stickers here.....
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

bandersnatch wrote:Uuuuuummmmmm.... think before you post bs...... no new 00 players rostered.... all part of 19 player roster.... which player were you referring to? No machine socks or blades stickers here.....
I said trained, not rostered.
bandersnatch

Post by bandersnatch »

All train with miracle gold... get your ish straight
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

bandersnatch wrote:Having seen both orange and gold up close and personal. There are very clear distinctions. The two most clear distinctions are... the way in which one motivates/ treats youth players. The other is cost/value. If 500$ or so is chump change to you... then i guess not an issue. Chicago tournament no more expensive... been there done that. Extra $ is called profit margin. Just to keep it real.
Thanks for keeping it real.

Well I for one can't wait to see how it all shakes out. It would be nice to see that program compete for top bragging rights. Seems like they have a lot of advantages that should equate into building a very competitive program.
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

I urge you to be real. Possibly do head counts at your next practices -- just for fun. :D
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

hockeygoof1 wrote:I urge you to be real. Possibly do head counts at your next practices -- just for fun. :D
They all practice with the program.

No fly-ins :P

:idea:
bandersnatch

Post by bandersnatch »

All players are on the team... including one from known hockey family... yes... not every player goes to every practice.... everyone is on the team... you are quite a piece of work and dont know what you are talking about.... he has been in fact to most practices but also plays lacrosse... you obviously are from skate to excellence... and are able to spy being at the same rink.... get a life.. you are absolutely 100 percent making this up out of thin air...
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

A swing and a miss. Any threads by Orange or Blades all slapping each other on the back telling each other they're really going to cut into another team's territory, you'd be up in arms. Is your kid there for training or to be a pawn? I don't see many threads written by Machine parents, "Those families won't want to drive north to MG." Develop your own kids instead of hating everyone from Edina and their teams.

Is that what this is about for an 8 year old? Trophies to watered down tournaments? I'm glad you've found a happy place. I can't stand you because of your hatred of another team simply because they're successful. Can only certain people sit by you at lunch? Seriously, what if a Blades parent started s thread like this? You'd start a witch hunt. And by all means, please don't come across like you're above it all. If your "famous hockey family" -- that's funny in itself. Division II at the time.

25 percent of the practices mandatory to be rostered? I've seen a couple. Must have been lacrosse night. MG is not an elite program. Sure, some day it might be. Not in 2012. Not until you're making that trip to Chicago, or even what is starting to become a watered down tourney, Stars &Stripes. Then I'll give you a nod. Until then . . .
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

How are the 01 gold doing this year ??? A couple of FL kids play over there , but havn't heard much.
intothezone

Post by intothezone »

Goofy, I think you're missing the point. The whole thread has been about having another option. I think it is safe to say that there are great hockey players in this state other than Edina. MG opens the doors to hockey families that may not have the means to drive to the south and spend excessive amounts of money to train little Jonny. Why can't kids from all walks of life get proper training? It is fairly new, so yes people are curious. What's wrong with that? Since MG may give the farm boy, the small town kid or the single moms son the proper training to even the playing field, are you threatened?
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

intothezone wrote:Goofy, I think you're missing the point. The whole thread has been about having another option. I think it is safe to say that there are great hockey players in this state other than Edina. MG opens the doors to hockey families that may not have the means to drive to the south and spend excessive amounts of money to train little Jonny. Why can't kids from all walks of life get proper training? It is fairly new, so yes people are curious. What's wrong with that? Since MG may give the farm boy, the small town kid or the single moms son the proper training to even the playing field, are you threatened?
What I am hoping the MG program does is to draw in the elite kids that are currently driving south and give them an option in the north. Maybe if there were 3 really strong teams in the area you wouldn't have to go to Chicago or Winnipeg to find a game.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

What I am hoping the MG program does is to draw in the elite kids that are currently driving south and give them an option in the north. Maybe if there were 3 really strong teams in the area you wouldn't have to go to Chicago or Winnipeg to find a game.[/quote]

Outside of the Blades and Machine who are the other programs that are on the fringe of being elite programs? I'm not suggesting that they need to approach the Blades and/or Machine, just asking who the next tier of programs in MN are after those programs (i.e. MG, LS Stars, Euro, Vapor, etc.)?