Next up, Stars & Stripes

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Pylon

Next up, Stars & Stripes

Post by Pylon »

For the most part Minnesota teams had a good showing in Chicago, now its time for the Stars & Stripes.
Whos your pick for all the ages.....
03 - I give the Machine the edge here (i think Manitoba may be strong as well)
02 - Blades have to be considered the favorites after a strong showing last wknd (some unknowns like BC, Sask etc)
01 - Machine
00 - Machine
99 - tough one..Machine maybe??
98 - Not familar with this group.
mnhockey2019

Post by mnhockey2019 »

At the 02 level, my understanding was the Jr. Jets team coming to town is their Brick team. If that is the case, I would think they would be the favorites. Will be interesting to see if the Minnesota kid on their roster plays this weekend. Still trying to figure out how he could be playing for Manitoba in the Brick, when he lives in Minnesota's assigned territory, and since he never tried out for Minnesota's team its not like he was waived out to be able to play for another team. And before anyone responds that his dad is Canadian, lets remember that the family lives in Minnesota and he plays on a Minnesota youth hockey team. Guess maybe everyone doesn't have to play by the same rules.
This is nuts!

Post by This is nuts! »

mnhockey2019 wrote:At the 02 level, my understanding was the Jr. Jets team coming to town is their Brick team. If that is the case, I would think they would be the favorites. Will be interesting to see if the Minnesota kid on their roster plays this weekend. Still trying to figure out how he could be playing for Manitoba in the Brick, when he lives in Minnesota's assigned territory, and since he never tried out for Minnesota's team its not like he was waived out to be able to play for another team. And before anyone responds that his dad is Canadian, lets remember that the family lives in Minnesota and he plays on a Minnesota youth hockey team. Guess maybe everyone doesn't have to play by the same rules.
Well being from Warroad he lives closer to Winnepeg then he does the Cities.
icehornet

Post by icehornet »

mnhockey2019 wrote:At the 02 level, my understanding was the Jr. Jets team coming to town is their Brick team. If that is the case, I would think they would be the favorites. Will be interesting to see if the Minnesota kid on their roster plays this weekend. Still trying to figure out how he could be playing for Manitoba in the Brick, when he lives in Minnesota's assigned territory, and since he never tried out for Minnesota's team its not like he was waived out to be able to play for another team. And before anyone responds that his dad is Canadian, lets remember that the family lives in Minnesota and he plays on a Minnesota youth hockey team. Guess maybe everyone doesn't have to play by the same rules.
I thought someone already explained that Brick teams get 3 imports. If that's the case I would imagine that is the route he used to get on the team. Just like the Blades had a kid from Canada on their Brick team last year.
feathermen

Post by feathermen »

Didn't the 03 Machine only win one game in Chicago? How can they be the favorites? Manitoba Xtreme will have a very strong team this year and will look to defend their title from last year.
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

This isnt the Brick tournament. Correct me if I am wrong but any kid can play for any team in the spring/summer season.
I don't know what is happening for the Brick with the kid, if he is going at all Winnipeg is a lot closer than Minneapolis though. He wasn't at camp, in fact he has never skated with the Blades.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

feathermen wrote:Didn't the 03 Machine only win one game in Chicago? How can they be the favorites? Manitoba Xtreme will have a very strong team this year and will look to defend their title from last year.
Agree, hard to pick them as favorites. Not sure what to make of this 03 team yet. Sounds like they struggled in Chicago.
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp »

Extreme will win at the 03 level
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

helightsthelamp wrote:Extreme will win at the 03 level
Did the 03 Extreme play in the Caribou last year?
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

helightsthelamp wrote:Extreme will win at the 03 level
The Extreme won it last year but the Machine was split into 3 teams...I thought that with them being down to one main team that would give them the edge but maybe i am wrong.
So, looks like people disagree with me on the 03 and 02 levels.
feathermen

Post by feathermen »

Extreme were in the Caribou and lost in the final. They didnt have a full squad for that one but will have a full lineup this weekend. Should be a great weekend.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

How many Minnesota kids are playing on these Canadian teams?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Pylon-I'll take the 02's from Winnipeg.Is the gold 03 team in this one???
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

So basically the 03 Orange has no shot this weekend?
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

HockeyDad41 wrote:So basically the 03 Orange has no shot this weekend?
Nope none, totally overated :o
intothezone

Post by intothezone »

[quote Is the gold 03 team in this one???]

No
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

02 Blades 9 N.Wings0. Next up Bauer.
icehornet

Post by icehornet »

old goalie85 wrote:02 Blades 9 N.Wings0. Next up Bauer.
Are the supposed two defections from the Machine playing with the Blades? Anyone ever confirm that actually happening?
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

old goalie85 wrote:02 Blades 9 N.Wings0. Next up Bauer.
Looks like a dominating performance, how solid is this Northern Wings organization?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Jr, jets/B.C bears looking good. 02 should be a fun level to watch as weekend goes on. Is Bernie selling beer this year???
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Nice come from behind victory for Edge at 00 level. 6-5 over Vancouver Snipers. Way to go Minnesota boys!
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

Too bad there couldn't have been more pairity in the pools in the 02 division. One division as Bauer, Blades and Jets in it. All good teams but possibly only one advancing.
hipcheck62

Post by hipcheck62 »

Pylon wrote:Too bad there couldn't have been more pairity in the pools in the 02 division. One division as Bauer, Blades and Jets in it. All good teams but possibly only one advancing.
Yeah, I'll bet that was random. And Machine got an easy pool. javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Nice job 00 Edge-That has been a nice team for the last 2-3 years.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

Any updates? Who're in the championship games tomorrow?