2010/11 B1 Bantam Scores

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HockeySLP

Post by HockeySLP »

St Louis Park 6
Wayzata Navy 0
ahastars03

Post by ahastars03 »

Edina white-7
Edina green-3
HockeySLP

Post by HockeySLP »

St Louis Park 2
Minnetonka 1
hockeymom44

Post by hockeymom44 »

HockeySLP wrote:St Louis Park 2
Minnetonka 1
Tonka was missing a bunch of kids due to a choir concert and injury. Only had 2 lines
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

Irondale 8
Blaine White 1

Irondale 2
Chisago 6
HockeySLP

Post by HockeySLP »

St Louis Park 2
Blaine Blue 1
HockeySLP

Post by HockeySLP »

St Louis Park 6
Orono 1
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

Irondale 3 (en)
OMG Black 1
HockeySLP

Post by HockeySLP »

St Louis Park 6
Hopkins 1
hockeyismygame11

Post by hockeyismygame11 »

Some of these are old but...

Chisago Lakes-8
Blaine White-0

Chisago Lakes-12? ( was a double digit number not sure exactly though )
Blake-0

Chisago Lakes-3
Stillwater red-1

Chisago Lakes-4
Anoka-1

Chisago Lakes-2
OMGHA Crimson?-2

Chisago's player #14 already has 60+ points in less than 20 games..
MN_Hcky_Coach

Post by MN_Hcky_Coach »

that was OMG Black not crimson
hockeyismygame11

Post by hockeyismygame11 »

Chisago Lakes-2
Champlin Park-1

Champlin gave em a reality check haha
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

Duluth Head of the Lakes Tourney:
New Prague- 2
EP -1

New Prague- 8
NorthEnd Flames (Canada)-3

New Prague- 10
Woodbury White- 2

Pool Champ- NP-4 Wayzata Gold-1

Tourney Champ: OMG Crimson-5 en
NP -2 (Good game, a little fisticuffs at the end tho')
NoExcuses

Post by NoExcuses »

hockeyismygame11 wrote:Chisago Lakes-2
Champlin Park-1

Champlin gave em a reality check haha
xxMNSNIPExx is that you?
jancze5

If

Post by jancze5 »

Just an observation...if your association doesn't field an "A" level team and your "B1" boys happen to be at the top of the heap of the "B1" world, do you get to run your mouth like you're something special??? OR
did your assocation/District screw up and put you at the wrong level because the top end of your team isn't getting challenged at all??

Like I said, just an observation...
New England Prep School Hockey Recruiter
MrBoDangles

Re: If

Post by MrBoDangles »

jancze5 wrote:Just an observation...if your association doesn't field an "A" level team and your "B1" boys happen to be at the top of the heap of the "B1" world, do you get to run your mouth like you're something special??? OR
did your assocation/District screw up and put you at the wrong level because the top end of your team isn't getting challenged at all??

Just a question...Is it better for them to be challenged in the defensive zone playing A or in the offensive zone playing B-1. Passing, shooting, scoring and winning might breed success for them. David vs. Goliath might have also got old for them. Shouldn't expect them to play A when they don't have a AA high school program.

Like I said, just a question...
observer

Post by observer »

Tricky to generalize as each situation is different. In most instances they're small associations and have 3-4 A level players and 14 B level ones. It's usually the association's choice to place the team at the most appropriate level for the majority of the players. They'd probably like to play A but just don't have the horses. If they're in a particularly difficult District B is probably a good choice. The letter designation means little as long as the boys are getting good coaching and having fun. With good scheduling, and tournament selection, they should be around 500%. Not having A level teams doesn't say good things about the association's recruiting of Mites and their future. Going the wrong direction so you can feel sorry for them in that regard.

Whether or not they should be bragging it up is another discussion.
MnMade-4-Life

Post by MnMade-4-Life »

observer wrote: With good scheduling, and tournament selection, they should be around 500%.
that would be one helluva good scheduling trick ...
/chugga chugga
/chugga chugga
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO
BlackTape

Post by BlackTape »

We up here in D10 refer to Chisago Lakes as the sand bagers. They don't fields "A" teams at any level and then come on line and talk about how good thier "B" teams are. I would think that most of the top 10 B1 teams in the state could compete at the "A" level and be around .500 overall. If Chisago did have "A" teams, they wouldn't win any trophies would they? I can't believe you don't even have an "A" squirt team, WOW!
MnMade-4-Life

Post by MnMade-4-Life »

BlackTape wrote:We up here in D10 refer to Chisago Lakes as the sand bagers. They don't fields "A" teams at any level and then come on line and talk about how good thier "B" teams are. I would think that most of the top 10 B1 teams in the state could compete at the "A" level and be around .500 overall. If Chisago did have "A" teams, they wouldn't win any trophies would they? I can't believe you don't even have an "A" squirt team, WOW!
fairly stated and accurate from what I've heard, good call BlackTape
/chugga chugga
/chugga chugga
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO
LesHabs

Post by LesHabs »

Scores From Edina Holiday Tourney

Thurs Scores:

EP 3 Lville South 1
Edina Green 4 Elk River Black 4
Edina White 12 Buffalo 1
OMG Crimson 9 Woodbury Blue 2
Wayzata Blue 3 Woodbury White 0
WBL Black 4 Stillwater 3

Friday Scores:

EP 6 Elk River Black 0
HockeySLP

Post by HockeySLP »

St Louis Park 4
Armstrong/Cooper 1

St Louis Park 3
Roseville 2

New Prague 2
St Louis Park 1
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

New Prague -6
Minnetonka -1
PWD10

Post by PWD10 »

Just an observation...if your association doesn't field an "A" level team and your "B1" boys happen to be at the top of the heap of the "B1" world, do you get to run your mouth like you're something special??? OR

This might change with the intro of an at large A team in D10.

I concur though that B1 team organizations need to step it up or move them to a district that will allow larger organizations with A teams to play a more competitive season. Maybe combine districts at playing level up until playoffs.

19 orgs in D10 and only 8 fielding A teams at the Bantam level. IMO even the ones that aren't doing very well are still a welcome sight as at least they are in spirit and effort making the effort and you can't fault that. Howerver coincidentally with 6 out of the 8 teams in the top 20 in MYHockey rankings maybe those numbers scare the smaller orgs and they are safer playing down.

Then again maybe MH allowing a limited number of B1/A games and at all levels might help with sorting these kind of things out. IE Bantam B2/B1 U10A/B etc. I would hope this was at the beginning of the season before all the scheduling was done so they could be accomdated in if they so chose to play at a higher level then what they planned
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

PWD10 wrote:

This might change with the intro of an at large A team in D10.

I concur though that B1 team organizations need to step it up or move them to a district that will allow larger organizations with A teams to play a more competitive season. Maybe combine districts at playing level up until playoffs.

19 orgs in D10 and only 8 fielding A teams at the Bantam level. IMO even the ones that aren't doing very well are still a welcome sight as at least they are in spirit and effort making the effort and you can't fault that. Howerver coincidentally with 6 out of the 8 teams in the top 20 in MYHockey rankings maybe those numbers scare the smaller orgs and they are safer playing down.

Then again maybe MH allowing a limited number of B1/A games and at all levels might help with sorting these kind of things out. IE Bantam B2/B1 U10A/B etc. I would hope this was at the beginning of the season before all the scheduling was done so they could be accomdated in if they so chose to play at a higher level then what they planned
New Prague was relegated to play B1 after moving from D4 to D6 and then the HS coach took 4 of the Bantam players to varsity. They still petitioned to play in BA tourney's but were turned down so it has been tried!