Any Meltdown scores from last night?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

coach75

Re: 98 Jr Bagders

Post by coach75 »

muckandgrind wrote:
coach75 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote: The Duece is Bernie's "B" team....:roll: Again, answer my question: if your squad is so mighty and can play with the Blades, Machine, Icemen, etc....why did you play in the Open instead of the Invite?

Did the Blades players have to pay? Or did you let them come in for free?
Everyone pays $799.00 except for the coaches get a break on the price. Sorry if some people are up set with the success of the Jr. Badger program for what ever reason. Like I have said before it is about the kids having fun and making new pals. And I feel the Jr. Badger program promotes that very well. The Min/Wis All-Stars will play in June-Aug and is the top 4 players from each team. I hope his answers your questions. The 98 Blaze have nice team and program as well.
You're still ducking the question..It was YOU that said this program is a "winner" and could play with the Blades, Machine, and Icemen......again....why didn't you play in the Meltdown Invite if you feel your team is at the same calibre with those teams? Or is the reason you wouldn't able to compete without your Minnesota kids?

Of course this is supposed to be about the kids "having fun and making friends"...but you're basically putting together an invite team and playing at the open level...and yet, you don't seem to think there is anything wrong with that. There are a couple of terms for what you are doing, "trophy chasing" and 'sandbagging".

Not ducking your question Aaron J. Sets up all tourney's. See ya @ the rink.
coach75

Post by coach75 »

muckandgrind wrote:
coach75 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote: The Duece is Bernie's "B" team....:roll: Again, answer my question: if your squad is so mighty and can play with the Blades, Machine, Icemen, etc....why did you play in the Open instead of the Invite?

Did the Blades players have to pay? Or did you let them come in for free?
Everyone pays $799.00 except for the coaches get a break on the price. Sorry if some people are up set with the success of the Jr. Badger program for what ever reason. Like I have said before it is about the kids having fun and making new pals. And I feel the Jr. Badger program promotes that very well. The Min/Wis All-Stars will play in June-Aug and is the top 4 players from each team. I hope his answers your questions. The 98 Blaze have nice team and program as well.
You're still ducking the question..It was YOU that said this program is a "winner" and could play with the Blades, Machine, and Icemen......again....why didn't you play in the Meltdown Invite if you feel your team is at the same calibre with those teams? Or is the reason you wouldn't able to compete without your Minnesota kids?

Of course this is supposed to be about the kids "having fun and making friends"...but you're basically putting together an invite team and playing at the open level...and yet, you don't seem to think there is anything wrong with that. There are a couple of terms for what you are doing, "trophy chasing" and 'sandbagging".

silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

coach75 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
coach75 wrote: Everyone pays $799.00 except for the coaches get a break on the price. Sorry if some people are up set with the success of the Jr. Badger program for what ever reason. Like I have said before it is about the kids having fun and making new pals. And I feel the Jr. Badger program promotes that very well. The Min/Wis All-Stars will play in June-Aug and is the top 4 players from each team. I hope his answers your questions. The 98 Blaze have nice team and program as well.

Looking at the results of the Independent http://www.eastonaaa.com/page/show/8874 ... s-open-aaa it certainly looks like the 98 Jr Badgers CAN'T compete without the Blades players. I guess that "everyone wants to play for a winner" comment seems a little foolish now ... maybe it should say everyone wants to play for a winner ... as long as it doesn't conflict with their real team :oops:
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

the jr. islanders were just a thrown together in a couple days team without one team practice or tryout and they beat the icemen for third place in the meltdown. is that the best caliber out their? it must be lonely at the top because theirs no team on the planet that can touch the fierce em three sum on this board ie blades,machine and the icemen. i do enjoy it though reading the posts i mean after all front row seat to the cidiots fighting about summer hockey what could be better?
OnFrozenPond

Post by OnFrozenPond »

watchdog wrote:the jr. islanders were just a thrown together in a couple days team without one team practice or tryout and they beat the icemen for third place in the meltdown. is that the best caliber out their? it must be lonely at the top because theirs no team on the planet that can touch the fierce em three sum on this board ie blades,machine and the icemen. i do enjoy it though reading the posts i mean after all front row seat to the cidiots fighting about summer hockey what could be better?
Jr Islanders are a good team.