2000 MACHINE VS 2000 BLADES

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gotothenet00

2000 MACHINE VS 2000 BLADES

Post by gotothenet00 »

Who will have this year's bragging rights?

Machine or Blades
Titan2020

Post by Titan2020 »

Turns out they are 8 years old...make sure they have fun rather than worrying about bragging rights.
3 boys

Post by 3 boys »

2000's, Mmmmm are they mites? Does it really matter? :roll: I don't think the kids care that much about bragging rights they will forget about it after the game. The parents may not, but the kids will.
Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon »

It all depends on the moms. Could you post some pictures here so we can make an informed opinion? Otherwise, it is too early to tell.
Lowstickside

Post by Lowstickside »

I just want to know if the kids from the orange team can wear clip-on ties since they are third graders, or do they need the real thing?
3 boys

Post by 3 boys »

Lowstickside wrote:I just want to know if the kids from the orange team can wear clip-on ties since they are third graders, or do they need the real thing?
Come on that is a stupid ? Of course they are real. Tied by there mothers. Can they all ties there skates at that age?
Doglover

Post by Doglover »

That was some first post and first attempt to start a thread gotothenet00. Look at the bright side, they can only get better!
Remember - it's a game and all about having fun. High School hockey is a long way off for the little 2000 class.
imaloserbaby

Post by imaloserbaby »

As far as development goes, the 2000 Icemen might be in the lead by bringing Lance Pitlick on board to be the 2000 coach.

Not sure who is on the roster but I doubt the 2000 Icemen will compete with those two teams this year but with Lance coaching they will definitely improve.
3 boys

Post by 3 boys »

As for the rosters of these 2 teams, if parents have not been involved in AAA hockey before, you can count on thes rosters too change year after year after year. So good luck this year but you maybe on a different team next year!
Judgeandjury

Re: 2000 MACHINE VS 2000 BLADES

Post by Judgeandjury »

gotothenet00 wrote:Who will have this year's bragging rights?

Machine or Blades
It sounds like the Machine have a good group of kids. With that said at every age group kids develop at different paces. I think the 2000 Machine have some skaters that played with some top 99 teams last year. Not sure about the Blades. I know they have a good coach.
nhl'er

Re: 2000 MACHINE VS 2000 BLADES

Post by nhl'er »

Judgeandjury wrote:
gotothenet00 wrote:Who will have this year's bragging rights?

Machine or Blades
It sounds like the Machine have a good group of kids. With that said at every age group kids develop at different paces. I think the 2000 Machine have some skaters that played with some top 99 teams last year. Not sure about the Blades. I know they have a good coach.
I've seen many of these kids on these two teams play, I believe that the Machine will have a deeper bench, but the Blades have a stronger top 3.
These kids are all so young, who knows how they will really play game to game at this age group. But they are fun to watch. Both good coaches but I would personally give the nod to the Blades coach. I wish them all good luck and hope they all have enjoyable summers playing hockey. Winning isn't important at this age, but you need to convince the parents of that!
breakout

Post by breakout »

Titan2020 wrote:Turns out they are 8 years old...make sure they have fun rather than worrying about bragging rights.

No kidding :shock:
WildFan

Post by WildFan »

Agreed it's just 8 year old hockey. Let the kids have fun and grow as players.

With all the summer hockey programs out there the machine and blades will face stiff competition. Pitlick has a '00 team that should be pretty solid as well as the '00 Magicians and '00 Monopoly. Not all the upper end talent ends up on the blades and machine any longer. There's many quality players at this age that develop quickly and tend to play close to home.
Glory_Days99

Post by Glory_Days99 »

The competition should be who has the hotter hockey mom's not who is going to win a mite summer game.
Judgeandjury

Post by Judgeandjury »

Glory_Days99 wrote:The competition should be who has the hotter hockey mom's not who is going to win a mite summer game.
If this is the case then the Blades win this competition all they way. Blades will have the edge with coaching.

I can't believe the drop in talent compared to the 99's. HUGE difference in the talent pool.
dogeatdog1

Post by dogeatdog1 »

is that the mom pool or the kid pool..?
Judgeandjury

Post by Judgeandjury »

dogeatdog1 wrote:is that the mom pool or the kid pool..?
Quite honestly? Both.
AimHigh

Post by AimHigh »

I believe it is the "Parents Without Perspective" pool.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

AimHigh wrote:
:roll:
Judgeandjury

Post by Judgeandjury »

AimHigh wrote:
Aimhigh- Please elaborate?
slapshot44

Post by slapshot44 »

wow are you serious? these are mite aged kids...
Who else?

clarification...

Post by Who else? »

Are we still talking AAA or DD? :o
Judgeandjury

Re: clarification...

Post by Judgeandjury »

Who else? wrote:Are we still talking AAA or DD? :o
I vote DD's.

Slapshot- Sure the kids are young. This doesn't change the fact that one team will be better. Since this is a youth hockey site not sure why we cannot talk about Mite aged kids? :wink:
play4fun

Post by play4fun »

And, at least a few of the kids from each team will presumably remain with their team for years to come. Let the rivalry of '00 begin.

Seriously, based on current and past teams, how many "original" players on the 2000 teams are likely to remain on either the Machines or Blades four or more years from now?

It will be fun to see how much this year's group will change with all of the AAA programs springing up. (kids and moms pools :o )
Judgeandjury

Post by Judgeandjury »

The best part of AAA hockey at this age group is watching the kids develop their skills over the years.
There will be player changes over the years on many teams good and not so good. At this young age the parents that spend the most money on development and skills benefit the most.
At the age of 12-14 the kids natural talent will take over. Either they have the talent or they don't have talent. If they love to play everything is good.
The worst part of some of these teams is the win at all cost routine. The sad truth is the fact that many kids will be used and abused in the early years in order to win. Every parent knows if their kid fits in with the team or not make sure to prepare them for possible let down if they're a weaker skater.

Oh Yeah! If your kid is a good skater be prepared to get pampered like a baby from many coaches and programs all promising the world to you and your family. And no I'm not bitter about anything this is the sad truth of AAA hockey. My son plays for one of the top AAA teams. I just hate seeing kids get used and abused. Find a team that is a good fit for your skater. Make sure your son gets plenty of ice time in games and development. What good does it do if your skater makes the Machine and plays on the third line? Spare me on the practice time with good players. Coaches make good players.