FARGO PREDICTIONS

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goinbardown

FARGO PREDICTIONS

Post by goinbardown »

What Ya Think?
GoldThorpe

Post by GoldThorpe »

Cold and Windy!
Tenoverpar

Edina

Post by Tenoverpar »

Edina

next question
5thgraders

Post by 5thgraders »

98 fire 10zip
goinbardown

Post by goinbardown »

Pretty sure the fire aren't even in it
Judgeandjury

Post by Judgeandjury »

Do they even play hockey in North Dakota? I thought they just import players from Canada and Minnesota?
Hockey!LoveIt!

Re: Edina

Post by Hockey!LoveIt! »

Tenoverpar wrote:Edina

next question
\

Not sure if they are in it, but Wayzata would be tough to beat. Can't beat their depth.
dogeatdog1

Post by dogeatdog1 »

Three games into the season pretty early to annoint Edina A1 team as fargo champ.. What about the Power team from Farmington that couldn't Blow out a 9 man team from Mankato in the Burnsville tourney? From all the talk out there on them I thought that they could play with some peewee teams . :P Lotta Games to be played before Fargo and I think there will be some losses in the future for the top teams along the way. So far there isn't a team like the one loss :twisted: Edina team from last year and the majority of that team is at the peewee level.
imaloserbaby

Post by imaloserbaby »

Historically, how good have the Fargo Flyers been at the SqA level? Anyone know if they are good this year?
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

imaloserbaby wrote:Historically, how good have the Fargo Flyers been at the SqA level? Anyone know if they are good this year?
I know last year they lost to EP in the consolation finals after loosing in the quarterfinals and winning to get to consolation finals.
RussianCircles

Post by RussianCircles »

Just got home from Edina and I saw that Fargo Flyers got blasted by EP 6-1. I was told also that is 12 goals by EP vs Fargo in two games vs them. Is EP getting a roll again like last year?
bleedingblue

Post by bleedingblue »

RussianCircles wrote:Just got home from Edina and I saw that Fargo Flyers got blasted by EP 6-1. I was told also that is 12 goals by EP vs Fargo in two games vs them. Is EP getting a roll again like last year?

EP is a solid team but beatable just like all the squirt A teams this year. There appears to be about 15 teams that can all beat each other on any given night with Edina probably the "Team to Beat" if Edina rolls over everyone in their Invitational this week w/o being challenged, look out, they could run the table like last year.

the teams that I've seen that might have a shot to beat the Hornets are Wayzata, Rosemount, Farmington, EP and Minnetonka. Should be interesting........
yellowjacket

Post by yellowjacket »

Stillwater looked very strong. They played close with Edina through 2 periods at the Edina Invitational. Roseville has a strong team, and Osseo/Maple Grove has a strong and improving program.

I'd agree that right now Wayzata, the WI Fire, Rosemount, EP, Edina, and Minnetonka are probably the strongest in the metro -- in no particular order.
O-townClown

Fargo could be interesting

Post by O-townClown »

I've heard it on good account that Edina's Squirt team is nowhere near as good as it was last year. They are still doing very well, but they won't blitz through their schedule like last season.
Be kind. Rewind.
JoltDelivered

Post by JoltDelivered »

Don't count out the Colorado team(s). They usually send at least one good team. Canada may even muster a good squad too. Sounds like this year the usual top teams may be more vulnerable than years past.
thunderwolf

Post by thunderwolf »

Being with one of the two Thunder Bay teams entered, I doubt either will contend for the title. Both are well coached but the selection process for our teams doesn't allow for the same depth the better Minnesota teams will have. My guess is the Regina team will be strong however.
Judgeandjury

Re: Fargo could be interesting

Post by Judgeandjury »

O-townClown wrote:I've heard it on good account that Edina's Squirt team is nowhere near as good as it was last year. They are still doing very well, but they won't blitz through their schedule like last season.
Which squirt team? The A1's or the A2's? I heard on good account that the A2's are struggling.
goinbardown

Post by goinbardown »

The Green Team is the A1.

After watching lots of hockey I think that STMA, Farmington, Rosemount and Edina can go deep from the metro. These are all good skating teams so as long they can avoid bad draws they can go deep.

Do they seed that tournament or can we look forward for the Edina, Rosemount, Wayzata pool again. While the Flyers get the Jr. Hurricanes that can't score and the Fergus Falls Otters.
SmallTownBigStick

Fargo & Farmington

Post by SmallTownBigStick »

Let's remember these are 10 yr olds. HOWEVER...Can you say Fargo will become Farmington HOME ICE ADVANTAGE! That Squirt A team should dominate. Edina WHO?? :) District 8 has no competiton with the exception of Rosemount, but Farmington tied them while missing 3 dominant defensemen and a player or 2. Rosemount is in trouble come district game time. Who does that leave?? It will be fun to see what happens in Fargo.
mnhkylvr

Re: Fargo & Farmington

Post by mnhkylvr »

SmallTownBigStick wrote:Let's remember these are 10 yr olds. HOWEVER...Can you say Fargo will become Farmington HOME ICE ADVANTAGE! That Squirt A team should dominate. Edina WHO?? :) District 8 has no competiton with the exception of Rosemount, but Farmington tied them while missing 3 dominant defensemen and a player or 2. Rosemount is in trouble come district game time. Who does that leave?? It will be fun to see what happens in Fargo.
WOW - a Squirt team with not only 1 BUT 3 dominant defensemen! I'm impressed - can't wait to see them play! :roll: :roll: :roll:
SmallTownBigStick

Haha

They're all dominant! haha Uh ohhh! Lakeville goes down in flames! Another Farmington Victim! See the chalk lines! [/b]
itsjustkidshockey

EP Tourney

Post by itsjustkidshockey »

The Eden Prairie tourney should be a great warm-up for Fargo then. Minnetonka, Rosemount, Stillwater, Eden Prairie & STMAare all considered top teams and should make for a great weekend!

bleedingblue wrote:
RussianCircles wrote:Just got home from Edina and I saw that Fargo Flyers got blasted by EP 6-1. I was told also that is 12 goals by EP vs Fargo in two games vs them. Is EP getting a roll again like last year?

EP is a solid team but beatable just like all the squirt A teams this year. There appears to be about 15 teams that can all beat each other on any given night with Edina probably the "Team to Beat" if Edina rolls over everyone in their Invitational this week w/o being challenged, look out, they could run the table like last year.

the teams that I've seen that might have a shot to beat the Hornets are Wayzata, Rosemount, Farmington, EP and Minnetonka. Should be interesting........
crw

Post by crw »

Well, its a month later. What are your predictions now that some of the top teams (so-called) have squared off and played each other...
SmallTownBigStick

Fargo outlook

It's official...Lakeville is 0 for Farmington this season.

FARGO: Farmington Beats Fergus, plays GB Gamblers---Winz and moves to day 2. Sorry, but still looking for the show stopper IN fARGO. Farmtown plays MTKA and EDINA this weekend. I guess we'll see if the Tiger's bite is bigger than the Hornets sting! Good stuff coming up!
itsjustkidshockey

Re: Fargo outlook

Post by itsjustkidshockey »

SmallTownBigStick wrote:It's official...Lakeville is 0 for Farmington this season.

FARGO: Farmington Beats Fergus, plays GB Gamblers---Winz and moves to day 2. Sorry, but still looking for the show stopper IN fARGO. Farmtown plays MTKA and EDINA this weekend. I guess we'll see if the Tiger's bite is bigger than the Hornets sting! Good stuff coming up!

I would love to come see Farmington play this weekend. Where are those games being played at?