Lakeville Hockey

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

slapper5

Lakeville Hockey

Post by slapper5 »

Do you think Lakeville Should be allowed to get out of D8 AND D4 Combonation
jackstraw

Lakeville

Post by jackstraw »

Yes, if that is what they choose, go ahead, be independant of Mn Hockey. Don't whine at the end of the year when you can't play in Mn Hockey's State Tourney though. 2 short year's ago Lkvl. No lost not once but twice to a D4 team at the bantam level and I am pretty sure Lkvl. So had a very good game with New Prague. Faribault's A bantam team will compete VERY well with ANY D8 team next year. Don't jump ahead of yourself and think that D4 team's can't play with you.
hockeyfreak101

Post by hockeyfreak101 »

haha you gypsy watch the2 d4 teams end up beating them probly new prague or faribault but if i remeber right fariabutl beat new prague witch makes them better
puttinthefoilon

lakeville south

Post by puttinthefoilon »

i believe Lakeville South should be able to play an independent schedule and Lakeville North play in the current 8/4 district.

South should make the break for District 6, as I have heard the powers that "decide" are leaning to allow them in solo. This will be a compromise that District 8 can handle. Lose one, but not both, plus gain one from another city that has two programs. North which for the most part is not as new homes, and has history should stay in the current district.
Soulforged

Post by Soulforged »

Again, it's a number's game. Teams like Faribault, New Prague, Albert Lea, and Owatonna all have players as good as the top players in Lakeville. Depth is the problem. In my opinion Lakeville should play the schedule this year and prove that it would be to easy, then state their case in the spring.
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

Yes, just for the simple fact I am sick of driving over there for games. I drive through Apple Valley and Eastveiw to get there. Put them in D-6.
slapper5

Re: lakeville south

Post by slapper5 »

[quote="puttinthefoilon"]i believe Lakeville South should be able to play an independent schedule and Lakeville North play in the current 8/4 district.

South should make the break for District 6, as I have heard the powers that "decide" are leaning to allow them in solo. This will be a compromise that District 8 can handle. Lose one, but not both, plus gain one from another city that has two programs. North which for the most part is not as new homes, and has history should stay in the current district.[/quote]

Lakeville North and Lakeville South are the same Association just different teams.
gopher1

lakeville hockey

Post by gopher1 »

LHA has been trying to get into D6 for many years. But with the hold that the D8 people have, this will never happen. LHA is currently petitioning MAHA to move to D6. North & South are part of LHA and either one of them can't move to D6 until a decision is made.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Lets look beyond the question about whether or not d4 teams and Lakeville are competitive, Where does Lakeville play in High School...the lake conference., doesn't it make sense to put them with these same programs as youth players. Yes, some d4 teams and Lakeville are a good match up, but overall the answer is no. Can you really see Faribault or New Prauge surviving in D6? There is no question that Faribault has a nice group of bantams coming through but trust me they aint E.P. I believe that d6 is a stretch for most Lakeville teams but at least they'll know what they are up against come High School.
jackstraw

Lakeville

Post by jackstraw »

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Lakeville play their HS tournament games out of Sec. 1?
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Yes they do, but what does that have to do with the conference they are in? Section assignments are one of the great mysteries of all time..for years Elk River and Moorhead played out of the same section. At one time the lake conference had teams in 3 different sections. I think they will again this year. As for the Faribault Bantam A's, isn't this the same group that lost to sartell as peewees? I witnessed what happened to that team at the state tournament in Duluth. Not pretty. I saw Faribault play last year in Marshall and they have a nice group of players but they've seen very little top competition over the last several years.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

keepyourheadup wrote:Yes they do, but what does that have to do with the conference they are in? Section assignments are one of the great mysteries of all time..for years Elk River and Moorhead played out of the same section. At one time the lake conference had teams in 3 different sections. I think they will again this year. As for the Faribault Bantam A's, isn't this the same group that lost to sartell as peewees? I witnessed what happened to that team at the state tournament in Duluth. Not pretty. I saw Faribault play last year in Marshall and they have a nice group of players but they've seen very little top competition over the last several years.
I couldn't agree with you more.
puttinthefoilon

south/north

wasn't south going to split into its own association so they could go to district 6?
SEMetro

Post by SEMetro »

The metro associations in D8, including Lakeville, need their own district to avoid the travel/competition issues with non-metro D8 teams. There are more metro teams in D8 than some of the other metro hockey districts. Another metro association (East Ridge) will likely be put in D8 in two years.

fyi - high school section assignments are based exclusively on geography and modified every two years. On the MSHSL website they have a map of MN with the assignments as colored pins.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/googlemap.as ... 0&dclass=A
hockeyfreak101

Post by hockeyfreak101 »

wow this is bullcrap play where you play and lets play hockey i hate hearing all you lakeville south players trying to get out of d8/d4 just deal with my god the team i am on we win all of our games in district play and walk right through to regionals and always fall slighty short just because we dont play the good teams that are in regions and were no betching around so deal with it
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Maybe we could all understand your post if you made at least some attempt to write in a way that would indicate that you have at least attended school. I missed the complaning part, the question was brought up and many of us have posted our OPINION, and once again in regards to your Faribault team, no question it is a fine team for such a small association but how many other teams in your association have had the success that you've enjoyed. Whether or not Lakeville changes districts has absolutely no impact on Faribault hockey. Maybe this year you'll win that big game and end up at the show with the likes of E.P., Wayzata, and the other power house teams. The fact that you did or didn't play Lakeville won't mean much.
jackstraw

?

Post by jackstraw »

Dead wrong on the "my Faribault" thing. I am not from Faribault, I am only using them as an example. There seems to be a bit of arrogance on your part, making it out that Lkvle. should somehow be thought of as one of those Metro "powerhouse" associations that are in the top echelon every year. My OPINION is that Lkvle will be there in the not so distant future, numbers seem to dictate those things 99% of the time. My point being that if Mn Hockey makes this decision, and any given association wants a chance to participate in Mn Hockey's state tourney, then play by the rules and don't feel there needs to be exemptions. If this year proves to be a joke, then Mn Hockey can re-evaluate the situation. As far as travel times go, I don't think that any of the D4 North teams are more than 45 min. travels from Lkvle. and many associations in the out-state think of that as a short drive. I do have to wonder why on the one hand there is a very analytical look at the situation but then there are little pot-shot's thrown at Faribault?
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Guilty as charged, guess I'm sick of hearing about Faribault..my apologies. As for Lakeville any chance they had of competing at the highest level ended when the association split north and south. If it was one team there is no question they would give the big boys a run for there money, but as it stands now they are just two average size programs. I'm not sure next weeks meeting will be for an exemption either, I believe it is an across the board move to d6. In reality the biggest mistake was made several years ago when Prior Lake and Shakopee were allowed in and Lakeville was left out. You've all heard it before ...why does lakeville travrel to Rochester, Winona, etc., when Burnsville, Eastview, Prior Lake, Shakopee, and Bloomongton are all 10 to 15 minutes away? District 8 is a mess..Woodbury belongs in D2, Farmington and Northfield belong in D4, wasn't it the largest district in the metro last year as far as number of teams? I'm certain Eagan would jump at the chance to get out as well. I've been to district meetings before and seen the politics first hand, common sense very rarely wins out. IN the end its not arrogance as much as frustration over being held hostage by MN hockey, times change Lakeville is in the Metro area and belongs in d6 whether they have success or not.
jackstraw

!

Post by jackstraw »

Amen to that. Common sense is a nice tool when used properly; I agree with you on all counts.
firejacque

Post by firejacque »

I heard Eastview wants out of district 6
hockeyfreak101

Post by hockeyfreak101 »

hey d bags i play for eagan and i watched them play in regions and i KNOW they could be lakeville
wyztaJGA4vertildeath!!!

Post by wyztaJGA4vertildeath!!! »

hockeyfreak101 wrote:hey d bags i play for eagan and i watched them play in regions and i KNOW they could be lakeville
Ah yo foo... why aint you play instead of watching if you played for them you are an embrassement to all of eagan

WAYZATA FOREVER!!!!! Ain't no fools come close to us
hockeyfreak101

Post by hockeyfreak101 »

shaweet.... neways good call and saying play for faribo i watched them play last year at regions
puttinthefoilon

moorehead report

I heard Lakeville to district 6 is already a done deal. Effective this season. Can anyone confirm?
Rocket78

Post by Rocket78 »

I know a guy that was at a state meeitng and Hal Terse was asked about this and he said that it probably will not happen. I think the state meeting is going on right now. The state guys rarely will override decisions made the individual district directors just like district directors will rarely override things like player waivers signed by local association presidents. I guess we'll know by Monday.

Lakeville's youth program had a lot of stones to play two A teams as North and South. I know they lost a lot of bantams to STAbecause they wouldn't have one super team. STA keeps trying to sneak into D8 every year with a bantam team and it always gets rejected. They try going to other districts and are turned down since their natural geographic boundary is D8. I guess that WSP gets raided pretty deep by STA.