2022 Class AA QF - Lakeville South vs #1 Hill-Murray

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins

Lakeville South
21%
Hill-Murray
79%

Total votes: 29

Sparlimb

2022 Class AA QF - Lakeville South vs #1 Hill-Murray

Post by Sparlimb »

6 PM game.

Hill's on fire, but Lakeville is no slouch.
BlueLineSpecial

Re: 2022 Class AA QF - Lakeville South vs #1 Hill-Murray

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Lakeville South has won 16 in a row if you include sections, with wins over Prior Lake (twice) and Eden Prairie in that stretch. They also have wins over respectable LN (twice), Eastview & Rosemount during that win streak. Their schedule isn't great, but they took care of business.

I've seen parts of probably 3 of Lakeville South's games this year, including the section final against LN. I've come away with a sense that they're good, with glimpses of great, but nothing stood out to me necessarily.

Hill won't take LS lightly, and if they don't play really well, Hill can easily lose. If Hill can get up a goal or two early, life will be very difficult for the Cougars. Hill's D is spectacular and Erickson in goal is playing at the top of his game. Any early deficit for LS sets Hill up nicely to play their style and control the game.
Last edited by BlueLineSpecial on Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

I'd recommend Hill Haters eat a mild dinner on Thursday, else they end up with an upset stomach. Maybe chicken soup and some white bread.

We Pioneers like that prime time slot. And being the first game of the session, those interested in the night cap will see us win.
Hockey Is For Everyone
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Common Opponents

Hill is 5-1 against common opponents, Lakeville South is 3-3

Edina: Hill won & lost, LS lost
Rosemount: Hill won, LS won & lost
Eden Prairie: Hill won, LS won
Stillwater: Hill won, LS won
Maple Grove: Hill won, LS lost

Hill Murray
Goals For: 25
Goals Against: 10

Lakeville South
Goals For: 14
Goals Against: 9
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:07 am I'd recommend Hill Haters eat a mild dinner on Thursday, else they end up with an upset stomach. Maybe chicken soup and some white bread.

We Pioneers like that prime time slot. And being the first game of the session, those interested in the night cap will see us win.
I could see you serving up that meal in the concourse since you like to stir the pot! :lol:
Delayedoffsides

Post by Delayedoffsides »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:07 am I'd recommend Hill Haters eat a mild dinner on Thursday, else they end up with an upset stomach. Maybe chicken soup and some white bread.

We public school peeps can't afford chicken soup and white bread............only wiener water soup and soda crackers!!!
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Hill. Something like a 5-2 final. Could see this being the most lopsided AA game of the quarters.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
East Side Pioneer Guy

Delayedoffsides wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:49 pm

We public school peeps can't afford chicken soup and white bread............only wiener water soup and soda crackers!!!
Oh, that's we have at my shed on Lenten Fridays. Because there's no meat in hot dogs.
Hockey Is For Everyone
East Side Pioneer Guy

raidergrad72 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:22 pm

I could see you serving up that meal in the concourse since you like to stir the pot! :lol:
You know that thing in the middle of the washing machine? It's called an "agitator". It does most of the work, and it gets the dirt out.
Hockey Is For Everyone
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

The agitator is within the machine.
The pot stir guy stands outside of the pot.

As an Edina alum you sure talk about my team a lot.
East Side Pioneer Guy

elliott70 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:49 am The agitator is within the machine.

I'm a stirrer of the pot, I'm an agitator, I'm a bomb thrower. I'm a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

My team gets talked about a lot too. What's your point?
Hockey Is For Everyone
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:33 am
elliott70 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:49 am The agitator is within the machine.

I'm a stirrer of the pot, I'm an agitator, I'm a bomb thrower. I'm a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

My team gets talked about a lot too. What's your point?
No point, just playing along.
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

we all know its the FINAL nobody except those incredibly loyal and strong school supporters want to see it will be Hill vs Edina Saturday night.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

LVS has had another good season ; and has been very solid in last 3 state appearances , came close to winning it all. But new coach this year , so that factors in at the X this year . Pios should win this one , 2-3 goal margin .
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:46 am we all know its the FINAL nobody except those incredibly loyal and strong school supporters want to see it will be Hill vs Edina Saturday night.
What would annoy people more, Hill vs Edina or Hill vs CDH? And where are the Lakeville South fans? Their squad has 3 losses on the year and everyone is picking HM by a couple goals.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Sparlimb wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:33 am
hockeyhockeyhockey wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:46 am we all know its the FINAL nobody except those incredibly loyal and strong school supporters want to see it will be Hill vs Edina Saturday night.
What would annoy people more, Hill vs Edina or Hill vs CDH? And where are the Lakeville South fans? Their squad has 3 losses on the year and everyone is picking HM by a couple goals.
Lake fans, having seen their team, may well be picking Hill by a couple goals as well.
Hockey Is For Everyone
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Another question.

Has there ever been (I'm too lazy to look, but I'd guess no), a #1 seed who had a quarter final opponent which had a better record than the #1 seed? I would assume that's extremely rare. Maybe at the A level with Luverne...
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Sparlimb wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:56 pm Another question.

Has there ever been (I'm too lazy to look, but I'd guess no), a #1 seed who had a quarter final opponent which had a better record than the #1 seed? I would assume that's extremely rare. Maybe at the A level with Luverne...
2008 Little Falls had a better record than #1 seed STA. That's the only one I can find in the seeding era.

A couple others were close, including 2017 Luverne vs. Hermantown, 2016 Anoka vs. Eden Prairie, 2011 New Ulm vs. STA, but not quite.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

karl(east) wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:57 pm

2008 Little Falls had a better record than #1 seed STA. That's the only one I can find in the seeding era.

A couple others were close, including 2017 Luverne vs. Hermantown, 2016 Anoka vs. Eden Prairie, 2011 New Ulm vs. STA, but not quite.
Is that the Anoka team you guys are always picking on? I meant to try and find it the other day.

ChrisK and I still talk about that 2003 Anoka team. Came in to the tourney huge underdogs and just out skated everyone. No one was talking about them, but that week they were the class of the state. Still respect watching that team.

https://www.hmpioneers.net/hockey/playo ... ?Year=2003
East Side Pioneer Guy

Sparlimb wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:02 pm
karl(east) wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:57 pm

Is that the Anoka team you guys are always picking on? I meant to try and find it the other day.

ChrisK and I still talk about that 2003 Anoka team. Came in to the tourney huge underdogs and just out skated everyone. No one was talking about them, but that week they were the class of the state. Still respect watching that team.

https://www.hmpioneers.net/hockey/playo ... ?Year=2003
And Anoka had better teams than that that didn't make the tournament. I still remember that tying goal at the end of the 3rd period. I think the face off was with :04 on the clock. The Anoka forward digging for the puck, pushing toward the goal, before finally shooting it in.
Hockey Is For Everyone
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Why was Janne Kivihalme forced out at Lakeville South last year? I forget. Was it the usual that he accepted transfers and so some other kids didn't get to play and whined until he was gone?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

yup . made it to 3 straight state trnys and never lost to anyone there except EP.
Cobber

Post by Cobber »

CDH already out hopefully LVS dumps HM and we can enjoy a all public school semi final Friday night.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Cobber wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:38 pm CDH already out hopefully LVS dumps HM and we can enjoy a all public school semi final Friday night.
Then who would you have that you could boo? What fun would that be?
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Sparlimb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:52 pm
Cobber wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:38 pm CDH already out hopefully LVS dumps HM and we can enjoy a all public school semi final Friday night.
Then who would you have that you could boo? What fun would that be?
Booing is fun?