State Trny Possible Seeding /Qfinal Pairings

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

East Side Pioneer Guy

Re: State Trny Possible Seeding /Qfinal Pairings

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

Sparlimb wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:23 am
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:27 am
InThePipes wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:02 am Is this AA tournament going to have the most parity of any in the last X years?

It seems like it's been a while since I've felt that every match-up could go either way and not be a surprise. Even PL when that top line is rolling (they will play a lot of minutes especially with the TV timeouts), they could upset one of the top seeds.
I can't see the the Lakers or the Lake being capable of more than one upset. And I give them little shot of even one upset.

But of the top 6, it's not hard to imagine any of them winning it all. Hopefully the tournament offers more excitement that the section finals, which were not very compelling. There wasn't a single overtime game.
We know everyone wants to see an Edina vs HM final, anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I wouldn't mind seeing the poor, downtrodden mascotless Hornets in the opposite bracket.

But Cre-tine, I'd love to be in their bracket.

Fun fact: When Cre-tine made their first ever tourney appearance, they opened against Edina.
Hockey Is For Everyone
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:49 am
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:27 am

I can't see the the Lakers or the Lake being capable of more than one upset. And I give them little shot of even one upset.

But of the top 6, it's not hard to imagine any of them winning it all. Hopefully the tournament offers more excitement that the section finals, which were not very compelling. There wasn't a single overtime game.
Well I wouldn't mind seeing the poor, downtrodden mascotless Hornets in the opposite bracket.

Fun fact: When Cre-tine made their first ever tourney appearance, they opened against Edina.
That was quite the section final in 1988 for Cretin. South St. Paul took the lead with 20 seconds remaining and Cretin tied it up 12 seconds later and went on to win in OT.

Highlights at the 6:50 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVPl_JoLc2E&t=16s
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

Sparlimb wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:58 am
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:49 am

That was quite the section final in 1988 for Cretin. South St. Paul took the lead with 20 seconds remaining and Cretin tied it up 12 seconds later and went on to win in OT.

Highlights at the 6:50 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVPl_JoLc2E&t=16s
That final was played on Friday night at the Coliseum at 7PM. One of our posse went to that game, then raced to the Met Center for the Hill final. Hill was playing the second half of the Section 1 /Section 3 twin bill, about 9:00. I don't recall if we had already found out Cre-tine won, which would have been via the PA at the Met. But when he joined us there, we all wanted to hear all about it, it was fun to hear him tell us about the finish. I remember him saying something about how after the winning goal in OT, the players and fans sort of formed single mob, with the plexiglass between them. We thought it was pretty cool to finally have another Catholic school in the tournament.
Hockey Is For Everyone