Games Saturday Dec 4

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

east hockey
Site Admin

Re: Games Saturday Dec 4

Post by east hockey »

Stang5280 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:42 pm Wayzata did bad, bad things to East in a 6-0 rout. It’s going to be a long season for the Hounds faithful. Sorry Karl and Lee.
I expected it to be bleak, but not the worst (so far) season in school history. I'd write more but then I'd have to ban myself :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:53 pm #1 Hermantown 4 Hill Murray 1 Final

Hawks best team in state regardless of Class?? Too early but wow they are the heavy favorite in Class A
Hard to argue they’re the best team in the state.
So why are they still playing in class A?
rainier

Post by rainier »

SEC Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:10 pm

Hawks best team in state regardless of Class?? Too early but wow they are the heavy favorite in Class A
The greed and lack of conscience of a few adults in Hermantown.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

SEC Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:10 pm

That will be a big question as always. Interestingly if everyone stays put they will be better next year but will Zam comeback for his senior year for another year to play with his brother.

The Hawks I thought would go AA once Bruce retired after winning Back to Back. But then I understood it get Coach Andrews a Class A title as well and move up. When he took the job he said they were going AA under his watch but then...

His first year- They failed to reach their first title game in what seemed liked forever when Alexandria beat them handily in the great State Semis upset
2nd year- They didn't even make the tournament after the magically Greenway team knocked them out in Sections for the first time in forever
3rd year- Looked to be third time was the charm for him but ended up losing in the Title Game to a Mahtomedi team they beat in the season 9-2.
4th year- Nothing you can do about last year COVID stole that chance from them.

And here we are in year 5 and he is still searching for his 1st Class A title. I think once he gets one that might help the effort to move up. If they don't then thats their choice I think many would love to see it. Don't need to get into that debate though there is a whole thread on that. I think though if the Plante Brothers deliver a Back to Back for Andrews these next 2 years they make the move.. But as we have seen Hawk teams of late tend to get tight near the end of the year. Will this group be different? Fun things to watch.

Regardless they are an outstanding team and it was fun to watch them play the last 2 days thanks YHH for the streams!
Getitright

Post by Getitright »

Top 5 in A? That’s going out on a limb ha? What has EGF done that makes you think that game would be close?
On a different note, not that familiar with this group but feel like most, if not all of the key players are from there and developed there for a change. That being said. Move up to AA.
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:22 pm
elliott70 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:16 pm
ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:09 pm #2 Warroad 4 Bemidji 3 Final
It was a good one.
Overall impression of the Warriors Elliott?
#13 is a big difference maker
Other big names didn’t impress as much
Forward Depth looks better this year, Defenseman losses more noticeable.
Some Incoming group talent showed and should become more impactful as season develops.
I had them as the solid #2 team in preseason, but would drop them to about 4 or 5, with the potential to move up.

Bemidji is a decent team and would be top 10 in class A if they didn’t opt-up, so a good test for Warroad.
Last edited by Goose21 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Getitright wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:39 pm Top 5 in A? That’s going out on a limb ha? What has EGF done that makes you think that game would be close?
On a different note, not that familiar with this group but feel like most, if not all of the key players are from there and developed there for a change. That being said. Move up to AA.
Warroad needs more from line 2 and 3 to be 1 or 2.
EGF has some young bucks that will or may contribute with time.
Come sections it will be a good game.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

elliott70 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:53 pm
Getitright wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:39 pm Top 5 in A? That’s going out on a limb ha? What has EGF done that makes you think that game would be close?
100% agree. EGF staff always does a wonderful job. They have been plagued by weak tending before and found ways to work around it. EGF will be there in the end. Warroad will grow ... I think both are top 5 teams by the end ... Hermantown heads above the best for now but Dardis has beat them come the prime time before and Fergus Falls is a fun story along with Delano working towards breaking their own WBL Quarterfinal Curse. Some fun things to look forward too.
Getitright

Post by Getitright »

Sorry Elliot. I misread your post. That’s on me.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

#6 Fergus Falls 12 Willmar 0

#8 Duluth Denfeld 5 East Ridge 2

#14 Northfield 5 Faribault 0
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:02 pm
elliott70 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:53 pm
100% agree. EGF staff always does a wonderful job. They have been plagued by weak tending before and found ways to work around it. EGF will be there in the end. Warroad will grow ... I think both are top 5 teams by the end ... Hermantown heads above the best for now but Dardis has beat them come the prime time before and Fergus Falls is a fun story along with Delano working towards breaking their own WBL Quarterfinal Curse. Some fun things to look forward too.
Meh. If the Hockey Hub is correct, Chase Mero, the goalie for EGF scored a short handed goal last night. Is that correct? :lol:
What is a Green Wave anyway?