4 weeks out

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

4 weeks out

Post by elliott70 »

High school players hit the ice in 4 weeks (November 15).
Any preseason predictions?
East Side Pioneer Guy

Re: 4 weeks out

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

For the third year running, Hill will win every post-season game they play in.
Hockey Is For Everyone
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

The Rams of Roseau pull off the upset and defeat the Spuds in OT to represent 8 AA in St. Paul in March!
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:29 pm For the third year running, Hill will win every post-season game they play in.
9 game post-season win streak. Best in the state...
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

most balanced field in years, both team wise and individual player wise

looking forward to not having to beg tickets from coaching staffs , and parents
OldManRiver

Post by OldManRiver »

WestMetro wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:36 pm most balanced field in years, both team wise and individual player wise

looking forward to not having to beg tickets from coaching staffs , and parents
I 100% agree with being excited to just be able to watch hockey in person this year without working angles to get into the buildings.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Covid will not be a big issue aside from 2 things….
1)some municipalities where government controlled buildings fall under city or county mask mandates will have to make exemptions for high schools or require masks. Rochester currently requires masks in city buildings including both hockey rinks.

2) some districts will require vaccination of students.

A possible #3 will be moving section games to accommodate local mandates. Hopefully all will be well by February.

I am not making a policy statement just an observation. Volleyball parents can attest to part one. Being inside adds a whole layer to mandates football never had to deal with.

Add this…..people will now expect live streaming of events. Taking free live streaming away will be an issue.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

goldy313 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:50 pm Covid will not be a big issue aside from 2 things….
1)some municipalities where government controlled buildings fall under city or county mask mandates will have to make exemptions for high schools or require masks. Rochester currently requires masks in city buildings including both hockey rinks.

2) some districts will require vaccination of students.

A possible #3 will be moving section games to accommodate local mandates. Hopefully all will be well by February.

I am not making a policy statement just an observation. Volleyball parents can attest to part one. Being inside adds a whole layer to mandates football never had to deal with.

Add this…..people will now expect live streaming of events. Taking free live streaming away will be an issue.
Why would free live streaming be gone? Granted I paid for my school last year anyway, but do appreciate seeing the other games free. Did something change?