21/22 Schedules

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

East Side Pioneer Guy

Re: 21/22 Schedules

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

jg2112 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:46 am
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:17 am I've found the schedules at Hockey Hub to be reliable in the past, but I see the schedule for H-M is not complete. It lacks the games against EP, Hermantown, and the final holiday tournament game. Is this just an anomaly? Or has Hockey Hub been inaccurate in the past, and I just never noticed?
https://metroeastconference.org/public/ ... /school/3/

Go to "View Schedules" on the right of the page. For December 3 & 4 the opponent is "away vs. multiple opponents".

Select whatever sport/activity you want.

Gravy.
Eh, that's not all that helpful. For December 3 & 4 the opponent is "away vs. multiple opponents". And the holiday tournament on Dec, 28, 29, & 30 is not listed at all. I looked at the school's web site, and the boys hockey varsity page only lists games for a few weeks; I don't see anywhere it has the entire season listed. Also, I've seen a couple of different times for the Dec. 4 Hermantown game. I'd guess the school web site time of 2:30 is correct.

(Man, I'd whine if you hung me with a new rope some days!)
Hockey Is For Everyone
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:57 am
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:17 am I've found the schedules at Hockey Hub to be reliable in the past, but I see the schedule for H-M is not complete. It lacks the games against EP, Hermantown, and the final holiday tournament game. Is this just an anomaly? Or has Hockey Hub been inaccurate in the past, and I just never noticed?

Go to "View Schedules" on the right of the page. For December 3 & 4 the opponent is "away vs. multiple opponents".

Gravy.
Eh, that's not all that helpful. For December 3 & 4 the opponent is "away vs. multiple opponents". And the holiday tournament on Dec, 28, 29, & 30 is not listed at all. I looked at the school's web site, and the boys hockey varsity page only lists games for a few weeks; I don't see anywhere it has the entire season listed. Also, I've seen a couple of different times for the Dec. 4 Hermantown game. I'd guess the school web site time of 2:30 is correct.

https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_art ... ow/1183658

Scroll down until you see champions cup schedule
East Side Pioneer Guy

bardown27 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:52 pm

Gravy.

Thanks for the dope. It should not have to be necessary to look so many places for basic information like this.

I note that the article at the link you provide states that The Opener "...will feature a handful of the state’s top programs, including Bloomington Jefferson, Chaska, Cretin-Derham Hall, Duluth East, Eastview, and St. Thomas Academy".

Jefferson? Eastview? Top ranked??? :-k
Hockey Is For Everyone
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Thanks for the dope. It should not have to be necessary to look so many places for basic information like this.

I note that the article at the link you provide states that The Opener "...will feature a handful of the state’s top programs, including Bloomington Jefferson, Chaska, Cretin-Derham Hall, Duluth East, Eastview, and St. Thomas Academy".

Better yet, did you read the format for the Champions Cup?

This year, new to the family of YHH events is the Champions Cup, a set of games to be played at the St. Louis Park Recreation Center. The Champions Cup will feature a Ryder Cup-style scoring system, with each period counting toward an overall score.

Teams that “win” a period will receive one point, regardless of the game’s actual score. If the period ends in a “tie,” both teams receive half a point. Junior varsity games will also count toward a team’s overall score.

Outside of the scoring system, the Champions Cup will feature a public vs. private format. The event’s first contest will pit the 2021 Class AA state champion, Eden Prairie, against 2020 champion Hill-Murray. Rounding out the field are Benilde-St. Margaret’s and Hermantown.

Good luck getting the hockey hub to be able to show the results of that. Interesting concept though. Which is interesting, because you have to question whether you want to pull a goalie in the 3rd to win the game or keep them in to win the period for the tournament rules. My head is spinning.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

Sparlimb wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:30 am
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Better yet, did you read the format for the Champions Cup?

This year, new to the family of YHH events is the Champions Cup, a set of games to be played at the St. Louis Park Recreation Center. The Champions Cup will feature a Ryder Cup-style scoring system, with each period counting toward an overall score.

Teams that “win” a period will receive one point, regardless of the game’s actual score. If the period ends in a “tie,” both teams receive half a point. Junior varsity games will also count toward a team’s overall score.

Outside of the scoring system, the Champions Cup will feature a public vs. private format. The event’s first contest will pit the 2021 Class AA state champion, Eden Prairie, against 2020 champion Hill-Murray. Rounding out the field are Benilde-St. Margaret’s and Hermantown.

Good luck getting the hockey hub to be able to show the results of that. Interesting concept though. Which is interesting, because you have to question whether you want to pull a goalie in the 3rd to win the game or keep them in to win the period for the tournament rules. My head is spinning.
The score of the game will still matter. Think of it like this:

BSM is playing HT. BSM scores 4 in the first, HT 0. BSM up 4-0 after 1, and has 1 point in the "standings" for the Champions Cup. End of 2, its 4-1 BSM, HT gets 1 point for the standings. Game ends 4-3 BSM. HT gets another point in the standings, but BSM wins the game 4-3, which would be the score on hockey hub. Not hard for them to show the results of that.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

bardown27 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:04 am

The score of the game will still matter. Think of it like this:

BSM is playing HT. BSM scores 4 in the first, HT 0. BSM up 4-0 after 1, and has 1 point in the "standings" for the Champions Cup. End of 2, its 4-1 BSM, HT gets 1 point for the standings. Game ends 4-3 BSM. HT gets another point in the standings, but BSM wins the game 4-3, which would be the score on hockey hub. Not hard for them to show the results of that.
No I get that. And in your example HT wins the "Cup" Game 2-1 (they outscored BSM in two of the periods). But lost the game. So sure, the hockey hub will have the game score, and maybe YHH will have the tournament score, not that it really matters that much. Anyway, interesting concept.
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

The NBA's DLeague used to have a similar format. A team would get three points for winning the game and one point for winning each quarter, so there were seven points available in each game. Standings were based on total points rather than games won or lost. The advantage is that it gives that is far behind a chance to salvage something from a game. the downside, to me, to using this format for things like conference standings is that it could discourage a coach from using reserve players in a one sided game because he might only get six points instead of seven
East Side Pioneer Guy

Sparlimb wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:29 am
bardown27 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:04 am

Anyway, interesting concept.
To be honest, it sounds... um... moronic and idiotic sound too harsh... maybe just ridiculous. I don't know who will care about this. I'd just award the trophy to the team whose fans eat the most nachos.
Hockey Is For Everyone