4A 2020-2021 Season

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins

Mahtomedi
29%
Gentry
71%
St Paul Johnson
No votes
Someone Else
No votes

Total votes: 7

ClassAGuy

4A 2020-2021 Season

Post by ClassAGuy »

Best Section in Class A this year!

3 Teams very good and some very good teams in the middle.

Mahtomedi- The defending champs return a ton including Dardis in net and they bring up some good AA Bantams will it be good enough to hold off emerging super power Gentry?

Gentry Academy- Might be the overall favorite in Class A to win the whole thing. They served notice this summer winning against the top AA Programs. They return EVERYONE and will add from the dissolved Teir 1 Program. Gentry is going to be very fun to watch and cause plenty of complaining ... Their set up is questionable and if they win Class A in year 3 ohh my...

St Paul Johnson- The last of year for this program numbers look bleak they have a great senior class and Moose will have the boys playing with East Side Pride to try to get the boys and this program back to the dance before this program falls on hard times in the future.

Plenty of talent in the middle Tartan, South St Paul and Simley will al be very solid

Great Section race!
Falcon_hockey

Re: 4A 2020-2021 Season

Post by Falcon_hockey »

Gentry in my mind runs away with this section and is playing sometime Saturday morning at the X. With that being said, Tartan & Mahtomedi both had solid Bantam teams last year. I agree That Mahtomedi with Dardis in net claims the 2 seed but I think Tartan has a chance to beat out SPJ for the 3 seed in this section!
stateofhawkey

Re: 4A 2020-2021 Season

Post by stateofhawkey »

Has anyone noticed what Gentry is doing?? Averaging 10 goals per game and giving up an average of 1 goal per game. I know we thought they'd be good, but this is ridiculous. I know they haven't played any ranked teams or anything, but Breck and Tartan aren't exactly pushovers when it comes to class A. And they just made class AA Holy Angels look silly. They also only beat Tartan and St. Paul Academy by 1 goal each just a year ago. I'll simplify this entire section down: It's between them and Mahtomedi. Easily. I think I'd give the edge to Gentry right now honestly. I don't know how those two teams managed to dodge each other on their schedules again, but if Sections and State do happen, that'll be quite the game!