Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jg2112
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:36 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by jg2112 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:43 am

HockeyCrazy1970 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:22 am
Here is a link to an interactive website that covers return to play for the United States
https://sparxhockey.com/pages/usa-map
I can't recommend a Sparx sharpener highly enough. Easily portable to tourneys, and has saved me thousands of dollars in sharpenings / trips to a sharpener / gas, etc. Well worth the investment for a non-sharpening expert like me.

Cookster
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Cookster » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:42 pm

WOM:

I just don't think you get it. I am not saying you are right or wrong. You have some very valid points.

I, and many people who read the board just want people like you to stick to the topic and stop Hijacking several threads. Or create a separate topic and debate it there. That way we do not have to scroll through pages and pages to find the pertinent info on a topic. Is that really that hard to do?

Wise Old Man
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Wise Old Man » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:49 pm

Cookster wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:42 pm
WOM:

I just don't think you get it. I am not saying you are right or wrong. You have some very valid points.

I, and many people who read the board just want people like you to stick to the topic and stop Hijacking several threads. Or create a separate topic and debate it there. That way we do not have to scroll through pages and pages to find the pertinent info on a topic. Is that really that hard to do?

As I think I explained, yes, in this specific situation and given the specific set of circumstances regarding the “why” the MSHSL may or may not sanction a season, partial season, or no season are directly related to the specifics/data that proves or doesn’t prove how much of a risk (and for MSHSL) a liability issue Covid is. Meaning, they’re intricately related. Also, not sure if you were reading throughout the spring/summer but, the previous threads that had Covid in the title ALWAYS eventually got political. It’s almost impossible to avoid that just due to how divided the country is and, how the virus has been portrayed by various leaders. So, trying another Covid topic isn’t really worth it.

For the umpteenth time now, I’ve asked those who don’t believe Covid is enough of a risk to limit or prevent a season at the youth/high school level to answer questions that relate directly to the specific concerns that I and others are raising. And again, after almost 24 hours, and another 7 or 8 posts by mostly people who I’ve asked to answer the questions, not a single person has attempted to do so. I wasn’t kidding when I said last night that if a decent number of those people would actually answer the questions I posed in an honest and legitimate way, I would stop getting as far into the weeds.

Also, if you really look back at the start of this and other threads, I only start diving in to this aspect of the debate after other posters have said stuff indicating they think it’s no problem to play and, they offer some type of Covid specific info to try and back it up. Well, once they start down that road, I’m not going to just let that go. And I’ll say again, it’s my opinion that the main reason people state that they’re “tired of reading long posts” or “please stay on topic” are only saying that because they know they can’t really argue the data I’ve provided, along with my points about liability. So, they say these things in the hopes that Lee and Karl tell me to stop.

Finally, I usually re-read my longer posts just to see how long it actually takes to read them as I often take heat for the longer ones. Well, I haven’t had one that took more than 5 minutes to read. The reality is, the details truly matter in life, no matter the topic. That’s just something I believe and so, I’m not afraid to write longer posts.

Wise Old Man
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Wise Old Man » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:56 pm

MWS coach wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:38 am
During a typical year, our community doesn't hold tryouts for J Gold until after HS tryouts are completed, are other communities the same? Without advance notice from MNHSL, season wouldn't be able to start when other level's (squirt-bantam) start allowing for longer season. Does a delayed start for HS prompt more players to play J Gold, if that starts earlier?

MWS...we handle Jr. Gold the same way. However, I spoke with a couple high school coaches today and, the consensus is that the MSHSL will likely make an announcement after the Oct. 1 meeting. Especially since if they wait to Nov. 1, it would only be 7-10 days before the girls season would be starting. Meaning, if we know by Oct. 1, we’ll know early enough to react if needed.

Also, the way it was explained to me, the current thinking from the coaches is that they want MH to be ready to hold a “bridge“ season in case the MSHSL decides to put off the start until Jan. 1 or, obviously, if they cancel completely. And, I’m also being told that none of the H.S. coaches will coach these teams. It will definitely be run by the youth associations.

MWS coach
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by MWS coach » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:23 pm

[/quote]



Let’s let the experts like Fauci or the CDC or MDH guide us. People who are epidemiologists! Experts at what we are dealing with!
[/quote]

Hunter, you do realize MDH permits ice arena's to be open and at the stage of opening back up hockey, games are permitted don't you? Those that chose to play hockey are following MDH guidelines. :roll:

MWS coach
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by MWS coach » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:25 pm

Wise Old Man wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:56 pm
MWS coach wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:38 am
During a typical year, our community doesn't hold tryouts for J Gold until after HS tryouts are completed, are other communities the same? Without advance notice from MNHSL, season wouldn't be able to start when other level's (squirt-bantam) start allowing for longer season. Does a delayed start for HS prompt more players to play J Gold, if that starts earlier?

MWS...we handle Jr. Gold the same way. However, I spoke with a couple high school coaches today and, the consensus is that the MSHSL will likely make an announcement after the Oct. 1 meeting. Especially since if they wait to Nov. 1, it would only be 7-10 days before the girls season would be starting. Meaning, if we know by Oct. 1, we’ll know early enough to react if needed.

Also, the way it was explained to me, the current thinking from the coaches is that they want MH to be ready to hold a “bridge“ season in case the MSHSL decides to put off the start until Jan. 1 or, obviously, if they cancel completely. And, I’m also being told that none of the H.S. coaches will coach these teams. It will definitely be run by the youth associations.
Thanks, agreed, but I do think the timing is a big if. Hope I am wrong, but time will tell.

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:44 pm

WOM:

The reason people aren’t answering your questions is because they have already been discussed several times in several threads. Your questions #1 (myocarditis) and #2 (children spreading vs not spreading) are both far from settled science and we have discussed on numerous occasions each of these. No point in going back and forth more with the same arguments. Your questions #3 ,#4, and #5 are all unrelated to THIS thread, which is what people are now complaining about with you. This thread is supposed to be about the feasibility of a MN Hockey/USA Hockey sanctioned high school season in lieu of an mshsl season. The point of this thread IS NOT to debate whether MSHSL should or shouldn’t have a season, nor is it about their liability in such a situation. That was previous threads that have since been shut down.

So, again, please stay on topic of this thread: if there is not an MSHSL hockey season or a shortened season, what possibilities and challenges would be involved in a MN Hockey bridge season?

ClassAGuy
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by ClassAGuy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:00 pm

I think at this rate we can all assume there will be a shortened year.

Bigger questions how many games will be cut?

Will it be reduced to local travel like soccer?

Will MN hockey pick up the rest will those count as scrimmages?

Will there be a post season beyond localized sectional play ?

MWS coach
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by MWS coach » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:06 pm

Wise Old Man wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:11 pm


4.) Considering that USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey aren’t at all liable for any Covid related legal challenges, whereas the MSHSL is, please explain why an MSHSL administrator should take on the risks of a player having a bad outcome due to Covid? Remember, all it takes is one kid out of the 1000’s that play sports to have a bad outcome that leads to legal action. And no, having them sign waivers isn’t an option as the legal validity of those in court often comes into question.

To start with the question you have asked me multiple times that I think I have answered, why do I think it is okay to potentially infect other kids by my kids playing hockey. I won't repeat the entire post, but the most important factor in answering that question is because the activity is permitted by the MDH and we have followed the guidelines as established. You called my driving example as weak, yep, I stated over simplified in the same post. Yes, many other factors in the decision, but will just leave it at that.

I would very much challenge your statement above. USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey certainly could be presented with legal challenges related to Covid. Yes, proving liability could be costly, but not at all accurate to represent they have no risks. Yes MNHSL has additional risks as activities of any extra curricular activity when conducted by the MSHSL has the intertwined aspect that youth hockey doesn't. As far as waivers being valid, you are completely incorrect. See Moore v. Minnesota Baseball Instructional School [2009 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 299]. Minnesota amended state statues in 2014 which provided additional basis on validity of waivers related to claims of negligence. Yes a well written waiver can certainly and most likely will be upheld by the courts. On the contrary, a poorly written waiver which doesn't meet the criteria of state statues will likely be thrown out.

Negligence claims are never easy to prove.

4 elements to prove negligence:
Duty of Care, Breach of duty, causation and damages

When looking at applicability to this scenario, given MDH is allowing games did the organization provide reasonable duty of care? What is reasonable will be the big questions. Breach, did the organization create substantial risk or harm? Was the risk foreseeable in that a reasonable person under same circumstances would have taken precautions against the risk? Were guidelines as established by MDH, School district and arena followed? If yes, any good attorney would argue the point of breach.
Causation is an interesting one and I wasn't able to find much in the way of recent cases as related to infectious diseases. What was the cause, how do you prove who caused the infection? How was that person infected? Going back to Duty of Care and Breach, were either of these violated which would make the individual more liable. And finally we get to damages.... I will just leave that one alone for now. Liability is not an easy topic to cover as related to infectious diseases and who is liable let alone trying to prove who was negligent or not. I tried to be brief, this is a complex topic. I can imagine the hours the MNHSL lawyers have spent debating this very topic.

Wise Old Man
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Wise Old Man » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:11 am

MWS coach wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:06 pm
Wise Old Man wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:11 pm


4.) Considering that USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey aren’t at all liable for any Covid related legal challenges, whereas the MSHSL is, please explain why an MSHSL administrator should take on the risks of a player having a bad outcome due to Covid? Remember, all it takes is one kid out of the 1000’s that play sports to have a bad outcome that leads to legal action. And no, having them sign waivers isn’t an option as the legal validity of those in court often comes into question.

To start with the question you have asked me multiple times that I think I have answered, why do I think it is okay to potentially infect other kids by my kids playing hockey. I won't repeat the entire post, but the most important factor in answering that question is because the activity is permitted by the MDH and we have followed the guidelines as established. You called my driving example as weak, yep, I stated over simplified in the same post. Yes, many other factors in the decision, but will just leave it at that.

I would very much challenge your statement above. USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey certainly could be presented with legal challenges related to Covid. Yes, proving liability could be costly, but not at all accurate to represent they have no risks. Yes MNHSL has additional risks as activities of any extra curricular activity when conducted by the MSHSL has the intertwined aspect that youth hockey doesn't. As far as waivers being valid, you are completely incorrect. See Moore v. Minnesota Baseball Instructional School [2009 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 299]. Minnesota amended state statues in 2014 which provided additional basis on validity of waivers related to claims of negligence. Yes a well written waiver can certainly and most likely will be upheld by the courts. On the contrary, a poorly written waiver which doesn't meet the criteria of state statues will likely be thrown out.

Negligence claims are never easy to prove.

4 elements to prove negligence:
Duty of Care, Breach of duty, causation and damages

When looking at applicability to this scenario, given MDH is allowing games did the organization provide reasonable duty of care? What is reasonable will be the big questions. Breach, did the organization create substantial risk or harm? Was the risk foreseeable in that a reasonable person under same circumstances would have taken precautions against the risk? Were guidelines as established by MDH, School district and arena followed? If yes, any good attorney would argue the point of breach.
Causation is an interesting one and I wasn't able to find much in the way of recent cases as related to infectious diseases. What was the cause, how do you prove who caused the infection? How was that person infected? Going back to Duty of Care and Breach, were either of these violated which would make the individual more liable. And finally we get to damages.... I will just leave that one alone for now. Liability is not an easy topic to cover as related to infectious diseases and who is liable let alone trying to prove who was negligent or not. I tried to be brief, this is a complex topic. I can imagine the hours the MNHSL lawyers have spent debating this very topic.

MWS....I truly appreciate the well thought out response. Very interesting info relating to the viability of waivers. Especially since I'm getting my legal info from someone who's been involved in liability/personal injury law for over 25 years. This person is telling me that waivers in general just don't usually hold up. Although, they also stated that Minnesota is a state where they do hold up more often than others.

Can USA Hockey or Minnesota Hockey be sued? Sure, they can be. However, USA Hockey has made it very clear that their insurance they provide to affiliates and players does not cover Covid related legal challenges. Thus, I think it very unlikely a litigant would get much out of USA Hockey or Minnesota Hockey for that matter.

Please read this article from the Aspen Institute Project Play website. It does a fairly in-depth look at the various aspects that youth sports organizations should be considering when weighing return to play decisions.

https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/corona ... lity-risks

I agree that since the MDH currently says the activity is allowed, it's difficult to argue that you should keep your player away from the rinks if they want to play. My concern is -- and I have good reason to believe this is true -- that USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey are only "sanctioning" a season because they're worried about the obvious financial hit they will take if they were to choose not to play. In turn, I believe we're taking risks that people in some leadership positions clearly understand are significant but, the almighty dollar is taking precedence. Thanks again for such a great reply.

Wise Old Man
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Wise Old Man » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:49 am

ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:44 pm
WOM:

The reason people aren’t answering your questions is because they have already been discussed several times in several threads. Your questions #1 (myocarditis) and #2 (children spreading vs not spreading) are both far from settled science and we have discussed on numerous occasions each of these. No point in going back and forth more with the same arguments. Your questions #3 ,#4, and #5 are all unrelated to THIS thread, which is what people are now complaining about with you. This thread is supposed to be about the feasibility of a MN Hockey/USA Hockey sanctioned high school season in lieu of an mshsl season. The point of this thread IS NOT to debate whether MSHSL should or shouldn’t have a season, nor is it about their liability in such a situation. That was previous threads that have since been shut down.

So, again, please stay on topic of this thread: if there is not an MSHSL hockey season or a shortened season, what possibilities and challenges would be involved in a MN Hockey bridge season?

ThatMNHockey.... thanks for the response. First, I'm sorry but, most of the questions I posed have not been discussed in any detail in earlier threads. We didn't have any strong evidence about the post-infection maladies until the last month or so. You say the science on myocarditis and other possible post-infection maladies causing potential short and long term disabilities isn't settled. I'm sorry but, that's simply not true. I can provide you with links to numerous articles from respected doctors and researchers that clearly indicate myocarditis and lung scarring are both accepted post-Covid maladies that can obviously cause long-term disabilities.

As for the infectiousness of kids and how well they do or don't transmit the virus has only become a topic with any real completed studies in just the last month or so as well. Next, the fact the virus is now considered to be aerosolized, thus significantly increasing the chances for spread in indoor situations, has only been accepted for about a month too.

Nobody is actually "going back and forth on the same arguments" because very rarely does anyone from the "it's OK to play" side ever actually provide a link to an actual legitimate article that has any real scientific research to back up the poster's position. Just look at the link that USA218 provided the other night about the CDC supposedly quietly changing the number of Covid deaths. It was a re-Tweet from someone else that found it off of Facebook, originally published by someone who is Q'Anon believer.

I'm sorry but, you and I (and apparently others) are going to have to agree to disagree on whether the points my 5 questions are based on are "unrelated" to this thread. As I said previously, whether MH "takes over" high school hockey if the MSHSL doesn't play, is certainly related to the nuance of why the MSHSL might choose to play or not. Which, is directly related to the data and science about Covid that either supports a return to play or does not. To me, it's especially revealing that no one will answer the question about whether or not they are an administrator and will be responsible for signing off on an individual association's return to play or not. Which, is also applicable to the topic as it reveals whether any of the "it's OK to play" folks are required to accept any risk the way the MSHSL Board of Governors will if they allow hockey to be played. It's pretty easy to say it's OK to play when it's not your name that's on the line.

elliott70
Posts: 14210
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by elliott70 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 am

Wise Old Man wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:11 am



-- that USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey are only "sanctioning" a season because they're worried about the obvious financial hit they will take if they were to choose not to play. In turn, I believe we're taking risks that people in some leadership positions clearly understand are significant but, the almighty dollar is taking precedence. Thanks again for such a great reply.
UH, no.
MH has reserves more than adequate to sustain one year with absolutely no revenue.
MH concern is the safety of those involved AND finding a way to operate with that in mind.
We are trying to act in an uncertain age with that in mind.
Dollars have nothing to do wit it.

blueblood
Posts: 2588
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by blueblood » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:01 am

Thanks elliott70 for setting the record straight.
Play Like a Champion Today

Docs_88
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Docs_88 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Trying to get back to the original subject of this post again, does anyone have an outline of what a proposed U19 season would look like? My understanding is that the U19 teams would be separate from the traditional association J Gold teams and a potential way for V/JV teams to play a bridge season in the event that the MSHSL is delayed. Which would also beg the question that if this is happening, why wouldn't the MSHSL just go ahead and have a full season? I assume the answer is liability but what do I know. Sorry if this was already answered somewhere in the past 11 pages :wink:

Schotzy
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Schotzy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:12 pm

Docs_88 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:56 pm
Sorry if this was already answered somewhere in the past 11 pages :wink:
The subtlety is glorious!

Wise Old Man
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Wise Old Man » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:25 am

elliott70 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 am
Wise Old Man wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:11 am



-- that USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey are only "sanctioning" a season because they're worried about the obvious financial hit they will take if they were to choose not to play. In turn, I believe we're taking risks that people in some leadership positions clearly understand are significant but, the almighty dollar is taking precedence. Thanks again for such a great reply.
UH, no.
MH has reserves more than adequate to sustain one year with absolutely no revenue.
MH concern is the safety of those involved AND finding a way to operate with that in mind.
We are trying to act in an uncertain age with that in mind.
Dollars have nothing to do wit it.

Elliott...I will accept your statement as true. However, as for USA Hockey, I've heard from three different individuals that I definitely trust with solid links to Colorado Springs and they are adamant that's why USA Hockey is sanctioning a season. When you look at some of the potential lawsuits they're facing in regards to the Chico Adrahtas situation, combined with the fact that they directed each significant department/program to cut $200,000 in budget last year, it's obvious there's a concern there.

Wise Old Man
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Wise Old Man » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:34 am

Docs_88 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:56 pm
Trying to get back to the original subject of this post again, does anyone have an outline of what a proposed U19 season would look like? My understanding is that the U19 teams would be separate from the traditional association J Gold teams and a potential way for V/JV teams to play a bridge season in the event that the MSHSL is delayed. Which would also beg the question that if this is happening, why wouldn't the MSHSL just go ahead and have a full season? I assume the answer is liability but what do I know. Sorry if this was already answered somewhere in the past 11 pages :wink:

"Docs"...Your understanding is accurate. First, this definitely going to happen. It's a contingency plan in case the MSHSL decides to delay or cancel the season. Not sure exactly how Minnesota Hockey/high school coaches intend to integrate the players who might have been definite varsity or JV players and probable Jr. Gold players. Especially since technically, these are MH teams and, if there will be U19 "A" an "B" teams, that means tryouts. The way our group is planning on dealing with this situation, we plan on picking the teams and the coaches. And, there's certainly the chance our independent evaluators might choose different "A", "B", and Jr. Gold players than the high school might.

Docs_88
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Docs_88 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:23 am

Thanks WOM. It will be interesting to see how this is all handled. If the HS coaches have any say at all in the roster make up, or if there is just a "Varsity" U19 and everyone else plays J Gold. You would think there would almost have to be an "A" and "B" since I think the most likely scenario is that its a bridge to a shortened HS season. How the money is handled since technically most of the ice time associated with the HS season has been scheduled and would have been paid for under normal fees. I wonder, if a HS coach also has their Level certification can they coach a U19 team or not? Lot's of things to iron out moving forward.

SCBlueLiner
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by SCBlueLiner » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:25 am

So to sum up this thread, if MHSHL shortens or cancels the season players/parents/coaches are going to find a way to take the ice whether it's through youth hockey, Jr Gold, or by other means. Hockey has been happening all summer with AAA games, Junior camps, etc, and the games will continue throughout the fall/winter.

So in the end we're talking about semantics, what banner the players are going to play under, because hockey will be played.

spamtownusa
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by spamtownusa » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:30 am

SCBlueLiner wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:25 am
So to sum up this thread, if MHSHL shortens or cancels the season players/parents/coaches are going to find a way to take the ice whether it's through youth hockey, Jr Gold, or by other means. Hockey has been happening all summer with AAA games, Junior camps, etc, and the games will continue throughout the fall/winter.

So in the end we're talking about semantics, what banner the players are going to play under, because hockey will be played.
You got it, SCBlueLiner. See how easy that was!

InThePipes
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by InThePipes » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:44 am

spamtownusa wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:30 am
SCBlueLiner wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:25 am
So to sum up this thread, if MHSHL shortens or cancels the season players/parents/coaches are going to find a way to take the ice whether it's through youth hockey, Jr Gold, or by other means. Hockey has been happening all summer with AAA games, Junior camps, etc, and the games will continue throughout the fall/winter.

So in the end we're talking about semantics, what banner the players are going to play under, because hockey will be played.
You got it, SCBlueLiner. See how easy that was!
Yes it was, but cue the 36 paragraph rebuttal that is sure to be written by nightfall.

blueblood
Posts: 2588
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by blueblood » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:03 am

Actually, more like tomorrow daybreak as WOM typically posts, as one poster commented, "War and Peace responses," well after midnight.

As he chided me, the devil is in the details. :roll:
Play Like a Champion Today

Wise Old Man
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by Wise Old Man » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:15 pm

blueblood wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:03 am
Actually, more like tomorrow daybreak as WOM typically posts, as one poster commented, "War and Peace responses," well after midnight.

As he chided me, the devil is in the details. :roll:

Ok blueblood, just to spite you I’m starting this before midnight. 😎 Any high school coach that attends the fall coaches clinic automatically receives their USA Hockey Level 3 coaching certification. However, what I’m being told is that the high school coaches will not be allowed to coach these U19 teams or, have any contact at all. Unless a coach is willing to resign from their high school coaching position.

Oh, and I haven’t forgotten than none of you guys have yet to answer my 5 questions. What’s the issue? Can’t defend your positions? C’mon guys, you all seem like your fairly intelligent people. What’s so difficult about answering the questions? Heck, the last one is basically a “yes” or “no” question. 🙄

goaliedad31
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:17 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by goaliedad31 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:48 am

Can I just ask, is anyone's kid not playing their full summer schedule? Tournaments are happening everywhere, kids are going to different states to play in the big named tournaments, practices are happening, games are happening, Captains practices are starting.
You're not seeing kids flocking to the hospitals. Cases don't matter. Deaths matter.
SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, MSHSL??????
6% of deaths are Covid only, which is why kids are not really affected because kids don't have a lot of underlying health conditions.

Tell the lawyers to take a hike and let the season begin on time and in full.

Sorry to Hunter and Wise Man in advance but just take a breath.

jg2112
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:36 am

Re: Minnesota Hockey Taking Over?

Post by jg2112 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:12 am

goaliedad31 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:48 am
Can I just ask, is anyone's kid not playing their full summer schedule? Tournaments are happening everywhere, kids are going to different states to play in the big named tournaments, practices are happening, games are happening, Captains practices are starting.
You're not seeing kids flocking to the hospitals. Cases don't matter. Deaths matter.
SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, MSHSL??????
6% of deaths are Covid only, which is why kids are not really affected because kids don't have a lot of underlying health conditions.

Tell the lawyers to take a hike and let the season begin on time and in full.

Sorry to Hunter and Wise Man in advance but just take a breath.
I agree with this. The MSHSL should allow a full winter season. Keep the teams together - shut them down for 2 weeks if there's any COVID infections (like Duluth East with the flu last winter). Testing is quite readily available at this point. Let's all be smart and do what we can, including spectator limitations if necessary. But it seems a full winter season should be completed as of today.

Locked