MSHSL moves football to spring

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:46 pm

HockeyCrazy1970 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:10 am
Clearly some people posting here do not have a teenager at home. These kids are done with it. Parties are happening, going to the cabin or lake, etc. All with not a mask in sight and zero social distancing. This is not about those scary hockey kids coming to your school and getting your kid sick. The parents who naively think the majority of kids sitting in class have been CDC compliant are woefully unaware of the real world of the 16 to 19 year old's world in August. Those families should opt for on-line only while the other kids are being kids. Drop the puck.

My kid learns much better in a classroom setting and does horribly in online education. So he should get a lesser education because hockey needs to be played? No way!
He should not have increased risk from sports kids so they can play in special leagues. You are going to put my kid at increased risk so your kid can play hockey! Not happening. Give the hockey kids their own school and let the coach teach if it’s that important to you guys!
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

norcon
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:28 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by norcon » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Time to shut this one down boys...no one winning this argument.

MWS coach
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by MWS coach » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:12 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:46 pm
HockeyCrazy1970 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:10 am
Clearly some people posting here do not have a teenager at home. These kids are done with it. Parties are happening, going to the cabin or lake, etc. All with not a mask in sight and zero social distancing. This is not about those scary hockey kids coming to your school and getting your kid sick. The parents who naively think the majority of kids sitting in class have been CDC compliant are woefully unaware of the real world of the 16 to 19 year old's world in August. Those families should opt for on-line only while the other kids are being kids. Drop the puck.

My kid learns much better in a classroom setting and does horribly in online education. So he should get a lesser education because hockey needs to be played? No way!
He should not have increased risk from sports kids so they can play in special leagues. You are going to put my kid at increased risk so your kid can play hockey! Not happening. Give the hockey kids their own school and let the coach teach if it’s that important to you guys!
The Irony of your statement Hunter is there are risks with having kids back in school and in class. Yep safety precautions but still a lot of risks. Why do you think some schools are starting back with distance learning? Do you really think kids are going to walk down the hall and keep 6ft between them? How about that bus ride? Life is full of risks.. Every time you get in your car you are taking a risk an irresponsible drunk driver crashes into you.
If rinks are open and health mandate allows for kids to play, they will be playing no matter what HS league does. If health department allows games to be played or training to occur, why should my kid have to go to a different school for following rules set forth by gov’t? Not going to hide and just stay at home because that is what u think is best for everyone... now if not following guidance set forth okay maybe what u say makes sense but absent rink closure or explicitly stating no games, why shouldn’t hockey players play no matter what the league is or who organizes?
To make more on my point, where do you stop? Aside from hockey, can my kid attend your kids school if he:
Spends time with his girlfriend who is exposed to a lot of people as she is a server at a restaurant.
Goes to the casino and plays blackjack for hours (he is 18).
Goes to friends cabin along with a few other friends (under 10 people).
Goes to a restaurant with 6 people total.
Pick any other activity of your choice.
My point, all of these are permitted under state guidance, just as hockey is. All of them increase the risk of getting COVID. My kids stop playing hockey or do any other permitted activity so you are more comfortable with your kid going back to school, not going to happen.

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 7015
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by east hockey » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:06 pm

norcon wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:02 pm
Time to shut this one down boys...no one winning this argument.
Was anybody delusional enough to think they would??????

But, yeah, it's going the same direction the last one did. Funny how the topic header says "MSHSL moves football to spring". How long did it take for the thread to be hijacked to hockey? I know, Karl and I shut down the last "precious" topic devoted to COVID, so this is the alternative.

Until it won't be.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Wise Old Man
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Wise Old Man » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:41 pm

USA218 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:57 am
Facts!
USA218....I agree. Facts ARE extremely critical in trying to safely allow us to return to school or, play youth athletics. Unfortunately, it's obvious you haven't done much research from actual experts regarding the very real risks presented by this virus. To address just a few inaccuracies from your first post. You stated that, "this "pandemic" is on par with the regular seasonal flu, and in kids is totally benign for the majority of all cases! The rate of death and hospitalizations in the US among kids is LESS than it is for a bad flu season."

First, an "average" year for flu deaths is approximately 20,000-30,000 per year. And by the way, that's simply an estimate. In fact, there are a couple of articles by physicians that question the methodology the CDC uses to make those estimates and many of these front-line doctors believe actual total flu deaths are below 10,000 per year. Also, those estimated deaths are for an entire flu season. We already have 163,000 deaths in just 6.5 months AND, that's likely under-counted with the accurate death count from Covid being well over 200,000. Why do we have so few flu deaths compared to Covid? Well, it's called a vaccine. Also, about 90% of flu deaths occur to people that don't get the vaccine. Regardless, the fact that you are saying to look at just deaths and hospitalizations as a means to judge risk to kids is another example of your lack of "facts".

Administrators -- and I serve as one in youth sports -- don't, nor can't, just look at that. We are literally learning new information about this virus every day. I stated this in my previous post -- which I strongly suggest you read -- but two Power 5 football conferences that stand to lose 75-100 million dollars PER TEAM, just decided to postpone their seasons after receiving advice from their medical advisory panels made up of some of the top experts in this virus in the world. It has been reported that ten different Big10 athletes who tested positive for Covid are now dealing with myocarditis -- a condition of inflammation of the heart muscle -- which can lead to permanent heart damage or even death. There is also very strong evidence of permanent lung damage in as many as 40% of symptomatic people, along with a small percentage of asymptomatic people. For administrators, this also causes potentially significant liability concerns. Not just for kids in our own programs/organizations who might become ill, but potentially also for secondary spreading events that be traced back to what our organizations choose to do or not do regarding limiting programming to control infection and spread. Meaning, until it's your name on the dotted line to allow kids to play, it's difficult to truly understand the challenges.

Next, the percentage of overall infection rate of the U.S. population is estimated to be between 5-8% by the top experts in epidemiology and infectious diseases. Thus, your "bet" that a significant chunk of younger kids have already been infected is completely inaccurate. And, it actually relates to the next inaccuracy of yours -- your comment about why are we testing asymptomatic people -- is beyond ludicrous considering the level of asymptomatic spread. What's strange is that you contradict yourself because on one hand you are saying/arguing that a large percentage of younger people have already had it and (at least I assume this is your thinking) makes it easier to justify getting kids back on the ice. Yet, you don't think we should test asymptomatic people which would help prove your theory. The more we test both symptomatic AND asymptomatic the more we can know what the accurate number of total infected actually is. I can cite articles explaining that your points aren't accurate but, based on your comments and the vibe I get from them, my guess is you won't read them anyways.

Finally, regarding your assertions about what high school hockey will be like if the MSHSL chooses not to play or, has a reduced season; remember, Minnesota Hockey has very strict parameters under which a "Tier I/II team" can be assembled/sanctioned. There simply won't be any other Tier I/II teams allowed to be formed or even currently existing teams allowed to play from Nov. 15th thru the boys high school tournament, to include the HSEL as that is sanctioned by MH/USA Hockey as well. The only Tier I/II team in Minnesota that plays thru the season is Shattuck. So, the ONLY options for high school aged players during the traditional season will be to either play Junior Gold, play on a Junior team (if they can earn a spot), or move out of state to play with a Tier I/II team. Obviously, some will choose those other opportunities. Will that affect the overall quality of play in high school? Sure. But, IF the scientific community is right about having an effective and safe vaccine by January or February of 2021, next year should be close to back to normal. As you stated at the beginning of your first post, it is about "facts". Unfortunately, where one gets their information from, directly effects whether your facts are actually factual. 8)

Which leads us back to the title of this thread. The MSHSL moved football because they -- guided by the medical experts who advised them -- determined that it wasn't in the best interests of the players and coaches from a health and safety standpoint to allow them to play games and travel on buses together at this time. And, due to the similar contact involved in hockey, along with the recent study proving that the virus is infectious as an aerosol and in indoor situations (like an arena) literally sits in the air for hours thus increasing infection risk, it's likely this will affect hockey similarly. Hey Karl, see how I kept it on topic? :mrgreen:

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:31 pm

MWS coach wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:12 pm
Hunters1993 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:46 pm
HockeyCrazy1970 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:10 am
Clearly some people posting here do not have a teenager at home. These kids are done with it. Parties are happening, going to the cabin or lake, etc. All with not a mask in sight and zero social distancing. This is not about those scary hockey kids coming to your school and getting your kid sick. The parents who naively think the majority of kids sitting in class have been CDC compliant are woefully unaware of the real world of the 16 to 19 year old's world in August. Those families should opt for on-line only while the other kids are being kids. Drop the puck.

My kid learns much better in a classroom setting and does horribly in online education. So he should get a lesser education because hockey needs to be played? No way!
He should not have increased risk from sports kids so they can play in special leagues. You are going to put my kid at increased risk so your kid can play hockey! Not happening. Give the hockey kids their own school and let the coach teach if it’s that important to you guys!
The Irony of your statement Hunter is there are risks with having kids back in school and in class. Yep safety precautions but still a lot of risks. Why do you think some schools are starting back with distance learning? Do you really think kids are going to walk down the hall and keep 6ft between them? How about that bus ride? Life is full of risks.. Every time you get in your car you are taking a risk an irresponsible drunk driver crashes into you.
If rinks are open and health mandate allows for kids to play, they will be playing no matter what HS league does. If health department allows games to be played or training to occur, why should my kid have to go to a different school for following rules set forth by gov’t? Not going to hide and just stay at home because that is what u think is best for everyone... now if not following guidance set forth okay maybe what u say makes sense but absent rink closure or explicitly stating no games, why shouldn’t hockey players play no matter what the league is or who organizes?
To make more on my point, where do you stop? Aside from hockey, can my kid attend your kids school if he:
Spends time with his girlfriend who is exposed to a lot of people as she is a server at a restaurant.
Goes to the casino and plays blackjack for hours (he is 18).
Goes to friends cabin along with a few other friends (under 10 people).
Goes to a restaurant with 6 people total.
Pick any other activity of your choice.
My point, all of these are permitted under state guidance, just as hockey is. All of them increase the risk of getting COVID. My kids stop playing hockey or do any other permitted activity so you are more comfortable with your kid going back to school, not going to happen.

Nope just Sports kids who find other leagues when MSHSL says its not safe. hockey kids involved with other kids from all over the state that makes risks too high. You make choices everyday like deciding your kid has to play hockey then coach the kids on your elite league or which ever leagues that occur, we’ll go ahead and coach and teach them and keep them out of the school. So you choose to not wear a seat belt get in a crash and die. It only effects you and your family. You drink and drive and kill yourself and someone else. Your bad choices effect others then yes it is something I have the right to speak up about. Become the coach/teacher if youbfeel the need to have a team!


Take a look at St. Louis county and read Duluth News a tribune article about number of teens catching this thing.

Search Century High School football camp. The virus went all over the team after a couple days of camp and a swim party during Pandemic. Think about it.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

MWS coach
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by MWS coach » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:48 am

So you are saying MNHSL is the authority over all hockey and should be followed despite what MN Department of Health says and guidance they provide? If MN Department of Health allows hockey my kids are playing. The fact you are missing is MNHSL also has to consider liability in addition to safety. That will be a contributing factor in their decision.

Real possibility that high school hockey is postponed or cancelled, yet youth hockey goes on. As such, from what you are saying, my HS player shouldn't play, but it's okay for my bantam player to play because the "league" (MN and USA Hockey) says it's okay?

Now the reality, what you want which is to have hockey players have their own school. Not sure why I am even debating with you as I see zero chance the MN Department of Education creates a separate school for hockey players.

To bring back on topic, MNHSL is allowing football to have a two week practice session this fall along with a scrimmage to allow players to put together game film to send to scouts. Not a well know fact and of course this is determined by the individual school... :mrgreen:

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:50 am

Why can’t a coach teach the kids if they need to play hockey so bad?

No hockey parents should think about the safety of their kids and the kids around them and be the adult and say during a pandemic my kid’s shouldn’t play hockey!
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

MWS coach
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by MWS coach » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:57 am

Hunters1993 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:50 am
Why can’t a coach teach the kids if they need to play hockey so bad?

No hockey parents should think about the safety of their kids and the kids around them and be the adult and say during a pandemic my kid’s shouldn’t play hockey!
Why should they have to and not attend their school if MN Department of Health says it's okay to play hockey? You seem to not answer this question. Umm the coach may not be a teacher....

Your instance only applies to high school hockey? My son plays youth hockey, he should have his own school also? You say if they play sports they should have their own school. Does this apply to youth level also, or is that okay if MN Hockey has a season of some sort? Can't have it both ways...

It has nothing to do with being an adult, if MN Department says it's okay, then why isn't it okay? They have required safety measure to resume play. If those safety measure are followed in my view I am being an adult by following guidelines. If you choose to not have your kid play, that is up to you. If you choose to not have your kid attend school in person, that is your choice. I see nothing wrong with following guidelines and allowing my kids to play.

Back on topic, Football practice for two weeks and a scrimmage. Should those kids have their own school also, or is that okay since HSL said it is okay?

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:07 pm

Guidelines did a lot ov good in Blaine and PIC.
How many schools are going to be effected by hockey dads choice? If you can’t step in and tell your kid during a pandemic you can’t play hockey then you better find a teacher for your teams.

How about this, what did the NHL do create hubs. Well let’s create hubs for kids who gave to play hockey and another for kids who don’t this season. Why not!

Sure put all the kids in sports to own school. Better find a teacher for your kids.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

MWS coach
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by MWS coach » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:32 pm

You continue to not answer my questions, thus I am done.
You have your view and I have mine.
You make your choices and I will make mine.
I have no reservation on the decisions I will make as long as I follow STATE guidelines.
You can hope/ask for separate school and teachers all you want but we both know that won't happen. So in the end, you will be the one faced with the decision you feel is best for you and your family. Good luck!

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Only problem is your decisions will directly effect my family and my school district. That is why I continue.

Better make a hub . Maybe one of the hockey dads can teach ?
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

Wise Old Man
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Wise Old Man » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:52 pm

So....to those of you believing that we should still be trying to move forward with a "normal" game play season (InthePipies, Blueblood, MWS, USA218, Goaliedad, Hockey Crazy, etc...) are any of you going to respond to the information/questions I posed in my post from late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning?

To refresh your memories...a few of the points I made were:

the opportunity for either currently formed or possible new "in-season" MH/USA sanctioned Tier I/II teams to play thru the "normal" high school season, especially if the MSHSL chooses not to play. My point being that Minnesota Hockey would not allow them to since they already have the Junior Gold A & B levels.

Another point....what about the decrease in the already shrinking pool of available youth and high school officials that will result from many officials choosing personal safety and health over making a few extra bucks on a side job? We will definitely have issues covering games at all levels.

Now for the questions...

1.) how do we possibly maintain any type of legitimate scheduling integrity if an entire team has to quarantine when just one player tests positive, especially if that team played a game against a team or teams within the previous 7 days and now both of those two teams and their coaches have to quarantine? Have the players take a Covid test you say? Well, Minnesota Department of Health is strongly recommending two consecutive negative tests before returning to activity. That could still be a 7-14 day window.

2.) I made the point about all of NCAA Div. II & III football, along with now the Pac-12 and BIG10 choosing to cancel/postpone football/fall sports based on the advice of their Covid medical advisory boards, which in turn was based on A.) the fact that 10 current BIG10 athletes who tested positive for Covid ended up having myocarditis. B.) this, along with the fact that a few of the schools are finding it difficult to get enough tests for all the athletes, as well as get them turned within a time frame to be effective which all leads to C.) a significant increase in potential liability to the institutions that they don't believe is safe for them to assume.

The actual question being...if the science is showing that individuals that get Covid are at risk to acquire this very serious condition (as well as possible long-term lung issues which are also showing up on as many as 40% of symptomatic and even some asymptomatic individuals) AND, due to this risk as well as the attending potential legal issues, two of the Power 5 football conferences have chosen to postpone their seasons resulting in potential financial losses to their programs of $75-$100 million dollars.... how do you assess those significant health concerns and the fact that by playing a normal season you will certainly increase the risk of spread, along with (to put it bluntly) the incredibly horrible PR issues if a kid becomes significantly ill or, God forbid dies, and it's deemed very probable that the player was infected during a MH/MSHSL game or tournament? Considering these risks, please explain in detail how you can justify allowing youth or high school hockey to be played in a "normal" fashion?

Next, I linked to a study that is now accepted as clearly showing the virus is able to be aerosolized and is infectious in said condition, especially in regards to indoor activities and situations. Which in turn will likely increase the chances for the spread of infections, especially since the current 6 ft distance for safety from a social distancing standpoint is no longer valid since when aerosolized, the virus can travel many feet and hang in the air for hours versus minutes.

Question.... During the 90-120 minutes of game time, how much actively infectious viral particles are being put into the air immediately above the ice surface by players who may be infectious as they skate up and down the rink? Especially when breathing as hard as they are. What about on the players bench when all 3/4 of them are sitting there for 2-4 minutes after their shifts? The kids can't wear masks and nor can the officials, so....you're going to have risk of significant spread, especially if there are 3 or 4 or more players playing that are infected between the two teams. What's your response to this significant change in potential infectiousness?

Come on guys, engage in the discussion. I've raised what I feel are valid points to be considered by youth and high school administrators in determining whether sports are able to or should be allowed to return to play as "normal" (with administrators involved in much higher levels of sports already acting on these points to restrict participation). If you truly believe the risks are worth it, then I challenge all of you state your case. Hopefully with links to articles of scientists/researchers with legitimate/respected expertise with regards to Covid.

Green and White Fan
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 3:51 pm

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Green and White Fan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:59 pm

TIme to create a hub for parents and kids who are afraid to come out of their basement. To base a decision on people like hunter1993 is being selfish. If you are so scared stay home in your bubble, but don't be so selfish and continue to spew about "MY" kid when there are thousands of "MY" kids whose parents want them to go to school and play whatever sport. Getting very tired of the paranoids telling all the rest of us we are being selfish for wanting to live our lives, when they are the selfish ones for wanting everyone to shutdown to satisfy their paranoia!
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Yep a hub for hockey players and a hub for the rest of us.
This is a pandemic! Is hockey that important. Please do some research on what a pandemic means
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:15 pm

An Pandemic!

pandemics?
There have been a number of pandemics since the beginning of the 20th century: the H1N1 pandemic of 2009, the Spanish flu of 1918/19 (which did not originate in Spain), as well as flu pandemics in 1957 and 1968, and now the COVID-19 pandemic of 2019/20. Among the best known pandemics is the Black Death, a plague which spread across Asia and Europe in the middle of the 14th century.

Let’s do some fun thinking. In Europe during Black Death in 14th Century. Think people in Europe were worried about there kid playing soccer? Fighting to get their kid out on the field!

In 1918 during the Spanish flu think people were throwing fits to play soccer!

No because they were able to make decisions and prioritize. Pandemic during a sport.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

warriors41
Posts: 656
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by warriors41 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:15 pm
An Pandemic!

pandemics?
There have been a number of pandemics since the beginning of the 20th century: the H1N1 pandemic of 2009, the Spanish flu of 1918/19 (which did not originate in Spain), as well as flu pandemics in 1957 and 1968, and now the COVID-19 pandemic of 2019/20. Among the best known pandemics is the Black Death, a plague which spread across Asia and Europe in the middle of the 14th century.

Let’s do some fun thinking. In Europe during Black Death in 14th Century. Think people in Europe were worried about there kid playing soccer? Fighting to get their kid out on the field!

In 1918 during the Spanish flu think people were throwing fits to play soccer!

No because they were able to make decisions and prioritize. Pandemic during a sport.
I wasn’t alive during 1918 and I certainly don’t know how people reacted during the Black Plague. I do remember H1N1 in 2009 though and no games were cancelled as I recall. Your own example is terrible.

You’ve said that your child has a better experience in person at school. I’m very sympathetic to that. I’m sure most kids are the same way. But how do you honestly believe your child aged 14-18 is going to act in school? Do you truly believe they will maintain 6 feet of distance between them and their classmates? If you have a son do you think he’s not going to try and flirt with someone up close? Have you maintained perfect quarantine standards in your own home by not ordering outside food and keeping shopping trips limited to the very bare essentials? Do you think everyone of your child’s classmates didn’t visit restaurants with their family even with a small size?

Don’t be naive. The kids have been locked up all summer without a chance to socialize. Your kids classmates are going out in public to eat, shop, visit each other, visit family, exercise, and run other errands. Adding sanctioned sports on top of all that is a still a rather small piece of chance of exposure.

If you are truly worried about your family your own logic dictates that you keep them at home and sacrifice the quality of their education. There’s a hundred different dangerous activities that their classmates are already doing that enables exposure. You have two crappy choices. That’s the reality of the situation.

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:51 pm

You guys are proving how important hockey is compared to the safety of society as a whole. Sad really. Read up on what a pandemic is! Things like sports shouldn’t even be a thought, Wake up Hockey dads!

Nope I won’t keep my kid home for education, because I see education as a priority in my kids life. Sports are not something I am going to put my family and my kid at risk for! Priorities! Being a grown up adult! Education is a necessity and sports are not!


Me.
Last edited by Hunters1993 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:55 pm

N
Last edited by Hunters1993 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

bodyup88
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:58 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by bodyup88 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Lee or Karl, please put us out of our misery.

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:07 pm

You guys are proving how important hockey is compared to the safety of society as a whole. Sad really. Read up on what a pandemic is! Things like sports shouldn’t even be a thought, Wake up Hockey dads!

Nope I won’t keep my kid home for education, because I see education as a priority in my kids life. Sports are not something I am going to put my family and my kid at risk for! Priorities! Being a grown up adult! Education is a necessity and sports are not!

Hate to say it but I told you so when people were saying it’s safe. Look up what happened in Blaine and PIC. And more to come.
Me.
[/quote]
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

USA218
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by USA218 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Isn't this forum regarding school age kids? 45 kids have died WITH, not from CV-19. During this past winter, 105 children in the US died from the flu (CDC data). If we are are truly having a discussion about kids, the impact of this virus is nearly 100% benign.
Yes, there are HS kids that may be predisposed & at high risk for one reason or another, but that same population is also at greater risk for nearly any virus.
For Wise & Hunter, if you want to continue to attempt to support your thoughts with scientific data, put it into true perspective of the population this forum is set up to discuss.
I can't give you statistics as this is my opinion, but I guarantee the mental anguish on HS athletes in MN due to missing out is much more concerning than Covid!
If you want to live in a bubble, that's your choice. Dont try force others to live in fear because you are in fear!

wolfman
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by wolfman » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:27 pm

USA218 is spot on.... the voice of reason from the north

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 7015
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Re: MSHSL moves football to spring

Post by east hockey » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:12 pm

bodyup88 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:04 pm
Lee or Karl, please put us out of our misery.
It's time. This topic, sadly, degenerated into the same crap the previous ones did. All that's proven was that the people on this board (at least, the ones who participated) are incapable of having a civil discourse without resorting to attacking personalities.

No more threads on this will be allowed until the decision has been made on whether high school hockey will be allowed this season (and probably beyond that). No hijacking of other topics, either.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Locked