Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hunters1993
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by Hunters1993 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Sorry but class AA will always be the big boy tourney, the tourney to show the best team in state,

Class A will always be akin to kissing your cousin. Teams can make the class A and scream all they want from the top of the class A hill. Telling everyone who will listen tgat they are the best in the state, everyone knows that they are the little hill champion or runner up ( 9 out of 11 appearances in c-chip game).
How many c-chip games will it take Hawks?

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:56 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:49 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:10 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:15 pm


One I could care less about AA... That's always a sell-out because its the Big Boy Tournament and the real one.

(The Class AA tournament is "the Big Boy tournament and the real one"? That's a strange sentiment from someone who calls themselves ClassAGuy. #-o )

Again Yes Mahtomedi and Hermantown have great fan bases! Warroad if they bring everyone is only around 400 to 500 people so tiny and SCC is an evil private no community.

Yet those 4 teams took Class A to 13,000 Fans on a Friday. (Again, why is tourney attendance an appropriate measure of how Class A as a whole is doing?) The upper bowl was opened people came to watch the talented teams I guess they should apologize to Rainier though because again its not FAIR to Hibbing... But it was ok when the kid from Ely came for a better hockey opportunity to make the Class A tournament for Hibbing but not ok when the kid did it to go to Hermantown. Spare me Rainier if you guys had not had whatever went on with the coaching and some bad things I heard Hibbing would not be 4-22.... (A bad record? God forbid any program have a couple down years!! They should be brimming with talent every year, like the teams that filled the X this year, right?) But its fine Blame everyone else its the easy way. (Want to talk about the easy way? How about big city schools concentrating talent and then kicking butt in A when they could clearly do well in AA. Now that's the easy way. But, it puts people in the stands, so you're okay with it, right?)

Sorry I took you from your normal perch on the Hermantown Bashing committee poor Rainier... (Whatever, "ClassAGuy". Your love for Class A is so inspiring. :roll: )

GO HIBBING!!!!

Just using your logic calling the AA Tournament the big boys one and the real one because basically that is what you are whining about.

Hermantown and Mahtomedi are TOO GOOD for Class A right have to move up?? Private schools cheat and steal kids from poorer programs Move UP!
Well, they do both play AA at youth, so....

I love that Class A has teams like Hermantown and Mahtomedi staying down and its working proof is in the product. Class A is getting better and maybe you don't have to Move Up to the big boys one because Class A can be just as good. "Class A is getting better" because a couple of teams at the top have gotten even better at exploiting the enrollment loophole by concentrating talent from huge surrounding populations? It amazes me that you think this is indicative of Class A getting better. You must be a Hermantown guy.

I get that when Hibbing was rolling in the 2000's and making the Class A Tournament with Ely Goalies that was all good but now .... Its not Fair. Wow! One whole transfer! taske a look at the Hermantown thread to see how many players they get from the outside.

Spare me Rainier like I said keep bashing Hermantown and other Successful Class A Programs maybe you will get what you want a Tier 1 and Tier2 System. No, how about a Class A made up of actual community teams, not big city teams sandbagging.

Or Maybe Hibbing with a good Youth Program coming up will knock off the Giant maybe Denfeld will knock off the giant... Its good to have a villain makes it great! Yeah, Hermantown going to the title game every year is just wonderful. The whole state loves this. Really? :roll:

I am just saying I like the idea that no longer in my mind is Class AA the real one and Big boys one .... maybe these programs staying down is good for all. Like I said, hopefully we can get more big city teams to load up with metro talent and fill those seats!

I am sure you will come back with your population argument and that you cant push yourself in youth hockey and play AA that is not fair... Are you trying to say population has nothing to do with the "successful" A teams being successful?

I personally like the idea that Hermantown and Mahtomedi and those teams are not jumping up. For years it was always Warroad and Breck... Other programs got better. Privates will rise and die like Breck, SPA, Lourdes and now SCC. So you do like watching the same team in the title game every year. You must be a Hermantown guy.

Hermantown is the ultimate debate I think to stay down and beat them nothing better than watching them get beat in the Final Game... I thought hh my gosh what will Rainier whine about now that they lost.... I forgot that is right go after Mahtomedi obviously. I just think that if you can play AA at youth, then why not at HS? What happens to these kids once they hit tenth grade?

Eventually Hibbing will be very good again and I hope they beat Hermantown someday in Class A... You don't have to be in the AA tourney to be legitimate in my eyes anymore... My opinion not all agree....So would you like to see HM, BSM, and STA in Class A? Would that make it even better and more "legitimate".

GO HIBBING!!

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:34 pm
Sorry but class AA will always be the big boy tourney, the tourney to show the best team in state,

Class A will always be akin to kissing your cousin. Teams can make the class A and scream all they want from the top of the class A hill. Telling everyone who will listen tgat they are the best in the state, everyone knows that they are the little hill champion or runner up ( 9 out of 11 appearances in c-chip game).
Again I disagree with you my hope is that if Hermantown's and Mahtomedi Stay down both tournaments can be great.

This year both Hermantown and Mahtomedi beat HM ... Why Rainier is whining that is not FAIR... I think its great that the Class A tourney had that kind of talent!

As for my buddy Rainer
Well, they do both play AA at youth, so....
Who cares Hibbing played AA when they had the talent in youth to push those groups... Ge over yourself on that worst argument ever ... Hypocrite

"Class A is getting better" because a couple of teams at the top have gotten even better at exploiting the enrollment loophole by concentrating talent from huge surrounding populations? It amazes me that you think this is indicative of Class A getting better. You must be a Hermantown guy.
What are you talking about ... #1 Seed this year was Warroad... EGF went back to back recently... Greenway was in the Title Game last year... The Moose were a great story all the way to the Title Game... Little Luverne Took Hermantown to the wire twice in the last 5 years... Delano is getting better and better... I know its not Hibbing so your bitter but wow at sad argument... Not a Hawk could care less but they are a great program.

Wow! One whole transfer! taske a look at the Hermantown thread to see how many players they get from the outside.
Yep a very talented goalie from Ely that HIBBING NEEDED to get to the Tourney that year... Exactly why its funny you complain about Hermantown you guys did ELY LOOPHOLE long ago... Kid was a game changer for you... Did you care about poor ELY then... NOPE!!

No, how about a Class A made up of actual community teams, not big city teams sandbagging.
Alexandria, St Peter, Warroad, TRF, Luverne, New Ulm, Delano, Princeton, Chisago Lakes, Greenway.... Big city teams sandbagging cool!

Yeah, Hermantown going to the title game every year is just wonderful. The whole state loves this. Really? :roll:
This was the first time they made it in 3 years and they haven't won it in Three years,

Like I said, hopefully we can get more big city teams to load up with metro talent and fill those seats!
Are you trying to say population has nothing to do with the "successful" A teams being successful?

Alexandria, Greenway, Warroad, Delano have all found success without a huge metro population and done well an made class a great

So you do like watching the same team in the title game every year. You must be a Hermantown guy.

Orono vs Alexandria, SCC vs Greenway, Mahtomedi vs Hermantown.... Last 3 years of Class A ... Yep Same Teams 3 years 6 different teams ... Good call

I just think that if you can play AA at youth, then why not at HS? What happens to these kids once they hit tenth grade?
Why didn't Hibbing do it then we they did the very same thing to push their last group at youth hockey?? again Spare me...

So would you like to see HM, BSM, and STA in Class A? Would that make it even better and more "legitimate".
Again the private model has to go AA or they die . Lourdes Breck and SCC great recent examples but if those schools wanted to drop down and deal with the impact on their enrollment who would g to their programs then yes bring it on!!

GO HIBBING!!!!!!

Hunters1993
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by Hunters1993 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:18 pm

Wait a minute. So Hermantown made the c-chip game this year with a “drought” of two years prior. Let’s look at previous 11 years. Hermantown in c-chip game 9 out of 11 years. Yes the same team in the c-chip game every year9 out of 11. That is not what class A hockey was made for. I’ll say it again 9 out of 11 years .
How many c-chip games will it take Hawks?

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:19 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:25 pm
Hunters1993 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:34 pm
Sorry but class AA will always be the big boy tourney, the tourney to show the best team in state,

Class A will always be akin to kissing your cousin. Teams can make the class A and scream all they want from the top of the class A hill. Telling everyone who will listen tgat they are the best in the state, everyone knows that they are the little hill champion or runner up ( 9 out of 11 appearances in c-chip game).
Again I disagree with you my hope is that if Hermantown's and Mahtomedi Stay down both tournaments can be great.

This year both Hermantown and Mahtomedi beat HM ... Why Rainier is whining that is not FAIR... I think its great that the Class A tourney had that kind of talent!
Yes! The end justifies the means! No matter how those teams loaded up on talent and got to the A title game, ClassAGuy was happy to see all the talent and people in the stands! Who cares about the kids? It's about the people in the stands!

As for my buddy Rainer
Well, they do both play AA at youth, so....
Who cares Hibbing played AA when they had the talent in youth to push those groups... Ge over yourself on that worst argument ever ... Hypocrite
Hypocrite? Hibbing played AA at HS!!! They opted up when they could have stayed in A! There was no AA at youth back then, Einstein. Hibbing challenged themselves against tougher competition, they didn't step down when they got to HS like Herm and Mahto. If this is all you got, then you have officially surrendered. #-o

"Class A is getting better" because a couple of teams at the top have gotten even better at exploiting the enrollment loophole by concentrating talent from huge surrounding populations? It amazes me that you think this is indicative of Class A getting better. You must be a Hermantown guy.
What are you talking about ... #1 Seed this year was Warroad... EGF went back to back recently... Greenway was in the Title Game last year... The Moose were a great story all the way to the Title Game... Little Luverne Took Hermantown to the wire twice in the last 5 years... Delano is getting better and better... I know its not Hibbing so your bitter but wow at sad argument... Not a Hawk could care less but they are a great program.
And how'd that turn out for Warroad once they started playing metro teams? Not good. And EGF is from a metro area. And Monticello is a AA program that somehow got a waiver to play A. Delano is a metro team. The Greenway run was great, but they needed transfers to get by Hermantown. Should we encourage all A teams to go get transfers? Will that get more people in the stands?

Wow! One whole transfer! taske a look at the Hermantown thread to see how many players they get from the outside.
Yep a very talented goalie from Ely that HIBBING NEEDED to get to the Tourney that year... Exactly why its funny you complain about Hermantown you guys did ELY LOOPHOLE long ago... Kid was a game changer for you... Did you care about poor ELY then... NOPE!!
Wow, one transfer twenty years ago is equal to the multiple annual transfers and open enrolless of the last 12 years in Herm. That's a stretch. Should Hibbing be out there trying to get more transfers?

No, how about a Class A made up of actual community teams, not big city teams sandbagging.
Alexandria, St Peter, Warroad, TRF, Luverne, New Ulm, Delano, Princeton, Chisago Lakes, Greenway.... Big city teams sandbagging cool!
How many of those teams won titles in the last 15 years? Zero. How many have made it to the title game? Two. Yeah, community teams are thriving at the A tourney! :roll:

Yeah, Hermantown going to the title game every year is just wonderful. The whole state loves this. Really? :roll:
This was the first time they made it in 3 years and they haven't won it in Three years,
Okay, they've "only" been in nine of the last eleven title games. Sheesh, what losers.

Like I said, hopefully we can get more big city teams to load up with metro talent and fill those seats!
Are you trying to say population has nothing to do with the "successful" A teams being successful?

Alexandria, Greenway, Warroad, Delano have all found success without a huge metro population and done well an made class a great.
How many titles games in the last 15 years for those teams? Two total? Damn, they're lighting it up vs the metro A teams! :roll:

So you do like watching the same team in the title game every year. You must be a Hermantown guy.

Orono vs Alexandria, SCC vs Greenway, Mahtomedi vs Hermantown.... Last 3 years of Class A ... Yep Same Teams 3 years 6 different teams ... Good call
4 out of the 6 teams you mentioned are from big cities. Thanks for making my point for me. 9/11 for Hermantown, my friend, 9 of the last 11.Let that sink in. 35 of the last 42 teams in the A title game are from metro areas. Let that sink in.

I just think that if you can play AA at youth, then why not at HS? What happens to these kids once they hit tenth grade?
Why didn't Hibbing do it then we they did the very same thing to push their last group at youth hockey?? again Spare me...
Hibbing played AA at youth for one season, and I was hoping they would opt up to AA with that group, because Hermantown was better than any 7AA team anyway, but they didn't, and I don't know why. Get back to me once Hibbing goes to the A title game 9/11 years and is still doing the AA youth/A HS thing.

So would you like to see HM, BSM, and STA in Class A? Would that make it even better and more "legitimate".
Again the private model has to go AA or they die . Lourdes Breck and SCC great recent examples but if those schools wanted to drop down and deal with the impact on their enrollment who would g to their programs then yes bring it on!!


GO HIBBING!!!!!!
What team do you like, ClassAGuy? Please share.
Last edited by rainier2 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunters1993
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by Hunters1993 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:23 pm

Wait a minute. So Hermantown made the c-chip game this year with a “drought” of two years prior. Let’s look at previous 11 years. Hermantown in c-chip game 9 out of 11 years. Yes the same team in the c-chip game every year9 out of 11. That is not what class A hockey was made for. I’ll say it again 9 out of 11 years .

And when those small town teams you list make it they lose badly more than not. During this 11 year stretch what was the score differential for all state games except c-chip game?
How many c-chip games will it take Hawks?

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:34 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:23 pm
Wait a minute. So Hermantown made the c-chip game this year with a “drought” of two years prior. Let’s look at previous 11 years. Hermantown in c-chip game 9 out of 11 years. Yes the same team in the c-chip game every year9 out of 11. That is not what class A hockey was made for. I’ll say it again 9 out of 11 years .

And when those small town teams you list make it they lose badly more than not. During this 11 year stretch what was the score differential for all state games except c-chip game?
Good Point last three years no titles and 2 of the 3 no title game...

Teams are getting better .... not whining about it...

It is not gonna change glad they stick around making Class A better

Mahtomedi got beat 9-2 by htwon during the year and beat them when it counted Hermantown made them better

Something to think about boys

Go Hibbing!!!!

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:34 pm
Hunters1993 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:23 pm
Wait a minute. So Hermantown made the c-chip game this year with a “drought” of two years prior. Let’s look at previous 11 years. Hermantown in c-chip game 9 out of 11 years. Yes the same team in the c-chip game every year9 out of 11. That is not what class A hockey was made for. I’ll say it again 9 out of 11 years .

And when those small town teams you list make it they lose badly more than not. During this 11 year stretch what was the score differential for all state games except c-chip game?
Good Point last three years no titles and 2 of the 3 no title game...

Teams are getting better .... not whining about it...

It is not gonna change glad they stick around making Class A better

Mahtomedi got beat 9-2 by htwon during the year and beat them when it counted Hermantown made them better

Something to think about boys

Go Hibbing!!!!
Who is your favorite team?

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:03 pm

No dog in the fight just like Class A \

Hoping to see Hibbing figure it out and get good enough to be the best instead of whine about another team.

I could go at you all day because your whining about if a team gets good move up I disagree with.

I don't care if kids move in... They use to at Hibbing go for Hockey to make state.... Its just what happens

If its not Hermantown or Mahtomedi then its Orono and EGF and you have already whined about them cause of where their city is located by...

You just want a Tier 1 and Tier 2 system respect your opinion seeing where Hibbing is at these days..

I just personally like where class A is at but we don't need to turn this into a Hermantown hate three you already run that one so I will let you stir the pot there more

GO HIBBING!!!!!

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:15 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:03 pm
No dog in the fight just like Class A \

Hoping to see Hibbing figure it out and get good enough to be the best instead of whine about another team.

I could go at you all day because your whining about if a team gets good move up I disagree with.

I don't care if kids move in... They use to at Hibbing go for Hockey to make state.... Its just what happens

If its not Hermantown or Mahtomedi then its Orono and EGF and you have already whined about them cause of where their city is located by...

You just want a Tier 1 and Tier 2 system respect your opinion seeing where Hibbing is at these days..

I just personally like where class A is at but we don't need to turn this into a Hermantown hate three you already run that one so I will let you stir the pot there more

GO HIBBING!!!!!
No dog in the fight, you just like Class A? C'mon man, nobody believes that. :^o

Are you sure you're not a Fergus Falls fan?

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:32 pm

At least do HW

I picked Alex all year I cheered for EGF had them to win it all year I predicted Mahtomedi being the last blue blood in Class A to win glad they did.

I like Class A

I like Hibbing just sad how much whining is done.

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:43 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:32 pm
At least do HW

I picked Alex all year I cheered for EGF had them to win it all year I predicted Mahtomedi being the last blue blood in Class A to win glad they did.

I like Class A

I like Hibbing just sad how much whining is done.
So you know Class A very well going back the past twenty years, at least, and your name is ClassAGuy, yet you don't have a favorite Class A team?

Your story is that you just love Class A hockey and you are just superstoked that loaded big city teams bring more fans to the X?

Hmmmmm.... :^o

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:43 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:32 pm
At least do HW

I picked Alex all year I cheered for EGF had them to win it all year I predicted Mahtomedi being the last blue blood in Class A to win glad they did.

I like Class A

I like Hibbing just sad how much whining is done.
So you know Class A very well going back the past twenty years, at least, and your name is ClassAGuy, yet you don't have a favorite Class A team?

Your story is that you just love Class A hockey and you are just superstoked that loaded big city teams bring more fans to the X?

Hmmmmm.... :^o
Yep hard to believe I just liked seeing 4 really good teams play in front of 13,000 people and instead of 7,000 like the old days...


Sorry I know I should be pissed because my town let the program go to crap so badly the best kids left to play for another range team that instead of whining beat the giant and almost won the whole thing!!

GO HIBBING!!!!!!!

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:43 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:32 pm
At least do HW

I picked Alex all year I cheered for EGF had them to win it all year I predicted Mahtomedi being the last blue blood in Class A to win glad they did.

I like Class A

I like Hibbing just sad how much whining is done.
So you know Class A very well going back the past twenty years, at least, and your name is ClassAGuy, yet you don't have a favorite Class A team?

Your story is that you just love Class A hockey and you are just superstoked that loaded big city teams bring more fans to the X?

Hmmmmm.... :^o
Yep hard to believe I just liked seeing 4 really good teams play in front of 13,000 people and instead of 7,000 like the old days...


Sorry I know I should be pissed because my town let the program go to crap so badly the best kids left to play for another range team that instead of whining beat the giant and almost won the whole thing!!

GO HIBBING!!!!!!!
Just a few questions for you:
1. Were you at the A tourney this year, ClassAGuy, or did you almost fall off your couch you were so excited by the huge attendance on TV?
2. How does one get so into Class A hockey without having a team to root for?
3. Will your son Joey be coming back for his senior year with the Hawks?

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:50 am

rainier2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:43 pm


So you know Class A very well going back the past twenty years, at least, and your name is ClassAGuy, yet you don't have a favorite Class A team?

Your story is that you just love Class A hockey and you are just superstoked that loaded big city teams bring more fans to the X?

Hmmmmm.... :^o
Yep hard to believe I just liked seeing 4 really good teams play in front of 13,000 people and instead of 7,000 like the old days...


Sorry I know I should be pissed because my town let the program go to crap so badly the best kids left to play for another range team that instead of whining beat the giant and almost won the whole thing!!

GO HIBBING!!!!!!!
Just a few questions for you:
1. Were you at the A tourney this year, ClassAGuy, or did you almost fall off your couch you were so excited by the huge attendance on TV?
2. How does one get so into Class A hockey without having a team to root for?
3. Will your son Joey be coming back for his senior year with the Hawks?
1. Yes I was at the Tourney I love high school hockey I go every year. Again what makes this a great state of hockey you can just like Hockey.

2. I like Class A... There was a time when you had to be on a waiting list to get AA tickets so when I went to St Paul I went to watch CLass A. Watching Pohl and Redwing win it for the South. Watching Warroad play the Villians and everyone shout they should go AA because Marvin Windows Recruits and kids go to Warroad to only play hockey (Sound Familiar), The Lourdes years when they never could get it done, Ben Hanowski and the Little Falls years, The Private school Take over Breck, TG, Breck, Benilde and STA taking over, The Duluth Marshall Run of runner ups, and now Hermantown serving as the new bully or villain. I love Class A because when I went to the first one in 94 everyone said it would just be schools like warroad and Hibbing dropping down to play in the tournament every year. 95 Ifalls made a run and won 98 Eveleth won it the traditional bullies of the old days... Then in the mid 2000's Hibbing showed up after dropping down again and EGF started to make some great runs. Along the way, Hutch, LDC, Albert Lea, WDC, Luverne, Mora, Proctor, Princeton, too name a few all made a run to small school tourney.

Programs have gotten better the quality of the hockey is so much better now. Yes, It was fun to watch Hibbing play Hermantown in classic Class A semifinal where literally Hibbing had one line and Decenzo used coaching magic to keep it fun. But now teams are deeper and are getting better and Hermatnown is the new Warroad of Class A. They push teams to get better. I am not a fan of the Hawks I cheer against them to see them get beat but they are here to stay in Class A and man was that a great Semi this year. The talent level was incredible and yet towns like Alexandria, Delano and Orono have all put together some good runs and last year the Greenway story line was great I know they had Hibbing kids but so what Hibbing did the same in the old days.

3. I am not Joey Pierce's dad hahaha I know I got you scrambling a bit when I brought up the fact you took a goalie from Ely to make your own run-in Class A. I just remember that from the tournament I went to that they gotten a Transfer in and he got hot to help get them to ST Paul in Class A. So for a full year reading you whine about Hermantown having the same thing happen I just got tired of it.

Like I said I am sorry that After Decenzo retired Hibbing made a bad hire and then some unethical things happened and the program is now feeling the pain of that mess. I hear they have good youth teams again I hope they get better and beat the Giant like Greenway did and I think Denfeld will.

Yes Hermantown made 8 Class A Chamionships in a run the last one though showed Class A was getting better... They came in as the bully in 2017 defending champs and had mopped the floor with everyone during the year (Samberg, Sandelin, Jacques, Watkins) a loaded crew and they got pushed to the brink 3 straight games OT to tiny Luverne, had to make up a 4 goal deficit to come back and beat SCC in OT and a double OT thriller vs the Moose. and they haven't won it since!

Class A is getting better the game is strong there are now 5 legitimate Sections that on a given year can produce a champion. We got through the Private school years. All the Teams that Dominated as Privates Moved up (Blake, Duluth Marshall, STA, TG, Benilde) or stayed and died because the talent dried up (Lourdes, Breck and now SCC).

I think things are getting better if Hermantown had won 5 straight or even 3 straight like STA where they came in and dominated the field then ok I get it they are hurting the tourney for Class A.... But they are not they haven't even won it in 3 years and they don't dominate it and have been pushed and beaten.... I am proud of Alexandria, Greenway and Mahtomedi the last three years they could of whined about how unfair it was and done the Rainer Route but they got better and they beat the Gaint they Tourney's have been wonderful of late
2017- Upsets the Magical Moose run and Hermantown barely holding on to repeat
2018- Alex the #4 seed smokes Hermantown in the semis which also featured a Classic between Orono & Mahtomedi ... Orono wins schools 1st Title
2019- The Greenway Run the Cinderella story and the Evil new private power SCC... SCC wins Schools 1st Title
2020- The talent of Tourney was at its highest... Htown vs SCC (I dislike both) but wow what a game and then Mahtomedi a #4 seed wins the whole thing

In the last 4 years, the tournament gets better and better ... Just my opinion I like where it's at... But I get why you want the Tier 1 and Tier 2 system again I am sorry about what Hibbing did to screw up their own program and I get that the anger over that has boiled over to blaming Hermantown for your issues... Just saying when Hibbing was rolling and a Transfer came in that could put them over the top... No one complained then...

Yes, Hermantown was getting to be annoying 8 straight Title games but to me, the Turning point for 2017 when they got pushed by Little Luverne and the New Kids in the Tourney the Moose and everyone in Class A saw they can be beaten and they haven't won it since even with Mr. Hockey...

GO HIBBING!!!!!!!!!

Hunters1993
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:28 am

And the class A tourney will go on with H and someone else in the c-chip game for the next 10 years. They will win some and they will lose some. But since they haven’t won five straight they won’t move up!

Even h fans have said how this years team was nothing compared to what is coming up the bantam ranks and then add in transfers and bam another 10 year run.

Class A hockey RIP!
How many c-chip games will it take Hawks?

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:52 am

ClassAGuy wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:50 am
rainier2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 pm


Yep hard to believe I just liked seeing 4 really good teams play in front of 13,000 people and instead of 7,000 like the old days...


Sorry I know I should be pissed because my town let the program go to crap so badly the best kids left to play for another range team that instead of whining beat the giant and almost won the whole thing!!

GO HIBBING!!!!!!!
Just a few questions for you:
1. Were you at the A tourney this year, ClassAGuy, or did you almost fall off your couch you were so excited by the huge attendance on TV?
2. How does one get so into Class A hockey without having a team to root for?
3. Will your son Joey be coming back for his senior year with the Hawks?
1. Yes I was at the Tourney I love high school hockey I go every year. Again what makes this a great state of hockey you can just like Hockey.

2. I like Class A... There was a time when you had to be on a waiting list to get AA tickets so when I went to St Paul I went to watch CLass A. Watching Pohl and Redwing win it for the South. Watching Warroad play the Villians and everyone shout they should go AA because Marvin Windows Recruits and kids go to Warroad to only play hockey (Sound Familiar), The Lourdes years when they never could get it done, Ben Hanowski and the Little Falls years, The Private school Take over Breck, TG, Breck, Benilde and STA taking over, The Duluth Marshall Run of runner ups, and now Hermantown serving as the new bully or villain. I love Class A because when I went to the first one in 94 everyone said it would just be schools like warroad and Hibbing dropping down to play in the tournament every year. 95 Ifalls made a run and won 98 Eveleth won it the traditional bullies of the old days... Then in the mid 2000's Hibbing showed up after dropping down again and EGF started to make some great runs. Along the way, Hutch, LDC, Albert Lea, WDC, Luverne, Mora, Proctor, Princeton, too name a few all made a run to small school tourney.

Programs have gotten better the quality of the hockey is so much better now. Yes, It was fun to watch Hibbing play Hermantown in classic Class A semifinal where literally Hibbing had one line and Decenzo used coaching magic to keep it fun. But now teams are deeper and are getting better and Hermatnown is the new Warroad of Class A. They push teams to get better. I am not a fan of the Hawks I cheer against them to see them get beat but they are here to stay in Class A and man was that a great Semi this year. The talent level was incredible and yet towns like Alexandria, Delano and Orono have all put together some good runs and last year the Greenway story line was great I know they had Hibbing kids but so what Hibbing did the same in the old days.

3. I am not Joey Pierce's dad hahaha I know I got you scrambling a bit when I brought up the fact you took a goalie from Ely to make your own run-in Class A. I just remember that from the tournament I went to that they gotten a Transfer in and he got hot to help get them to ST Paul in Class A. So for a full year reading you whine about Hermantown having the same thing happen I just got tired of it.

Like I said I am sorry that After Decenzo retired Hibbing made a bad hire and then some unethical things happened and the program is now feeling the pain of that mess. I hear they have good youth teams again I hope they get better and beat the Giant like Greenway did and I think Denfeld will.

Yes Hermantown made 8 Class A Chamionships in a run the last one though showed Class A was getting better... They came in as the bully in 2017 defending champs and had mopped the floor with everyone during the year (Samberg, Sandelin, Jacques, Watkins) a loaded crew and they got pushed to the brink 3 straight games OT to tiny Luverne, had to make up a 4 goal deficit to come back and beat SCC in OT and a double OT thriller vs the Moose. and they haven't won it since!

Class A is getting better the game is strong there are now 5 legitimate Sections that on a given year can produce a champion. We got through the Private school years. All the Teams that Dominated as Privates Moved up (Blake, Duluth Marshall, STA, TG, Benilde) or stayed and died because the talent dried up (Lourdes, Breck and now SCC).

I think things are getting better if Hermantown had won 5 straight or even 3 straight like STA where they came in and dominated the field then ok I get it they are hurting the tourney for Class A.... But they are not they haven't even won it in 3 years and they don't dominate it and have been pushed and beaten.... I am proud of Alexandria, Greenway and Mahtomedi the last three years they could of whined about how unfair it was and done the Rainer Route but they got better and they beat the Gaint they Tourney's have been wonderful of late
2017- Upsets the Magical Moose run and Hermantown barely holding on to repeat
2018- Alex the #4 seed smokes Hermantown in the semis which also featured a Classic between Orono & Mahtomedi ... Orono wins schools 1st Title
2019- The Greenway Run the Cinderella story and the Evil new private power SCC... SCC wins Schools 1st Title
2020- The talent of Tourney was at its highest... Htown vs SCC (I dislike both) but wow what a game and then Mahtomedi a #4 seed wins the whole thing

In the last 4 years, the tournament gets better and better ... Just my opinion I like where it's at... But I get why you want the Tier 1 and Tier 2 system again I am sorry about what Hibbing did to screw up their own program and I get that the anger over that has boiled over to blaming Hermantown for your issues... Just saying when Hibbing was rolling and a Transfer came in that could put them over the top... No one complained then...

Yes, Hermantown was getting to be annoying 8 straight Title games but to me, the Turning point for 2017 when they got pushed by Little Luverne and the New Kids in the Tourney the Moose and everyone in Class A saw they can be beaten and they haven't won it since even with Mr. Hockey...

GO HIBBING!!!!!!!!!
Who is this goalie that transferred from Ely to Hibbing twenty years ago? Sounds like it was a pretty big deal to you, but I've never heard the name.

Still don't have a favorite team? You really expect anyone to believe you have been a rabid Class A fan for 25 years yet you don't have a favorite team, and now you just shill for the big city schools kicking butt in A? It's pretty obvious why you won't tell us who your team is.

You're free to be as dishonest and fake as you want, I suppose, but it does make you look bad.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:14 am

rainier2 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:52 am
ClassAGuy wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:50 am
rainier2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 pm


Just a few questions for you:
1. Were you at the A tourney this year, ClassAGuy, or did you almost fall off your couch you were so excited by the huge attendance on TV?
2. How does one get so into Class A hockey without having a team to root for?
3. Will your son Joey be coming back for his senior year with the Hawks?
1. Yes I was at the Tourney I love high school hockey I go every year. Again what makes this a great state of hockey you can just like Hockey.

2. I like Class A... There was a time when you had to be on a waiting list to get AA tickets so when I went to St Paul I went to watch CLass A. Watching Pohl and Redwing win it for the South. Watching Warroad play the Villians and everyone shout they should go AA because Marvin Windows Recruits and kids go to Warroad to only play hockey (Sound Familiar), The Lourdes years when they never could get it done, Ben Hanowski and the Little Falls years, The Private school Take over Breck, TG, Breck, Benilde and STA taking over, The Duluth Marshall Run of runner ups, and now Hermantown serving as the new bully or villain. I love Class A because when I went to the first one in 94 everyone said it would just be schools like warroad and Hibbing dropping down to play in the tournament every year. 95 Ifalls made a run and won 98 Eveleth won it the traditional bullies of the old days... Then in the mid 2000's Hibbing showed up after dropping down again and EGF started to make some great runs. Along the way, Hutch, LDC, Albert Lea, WDC, Luverne, Mora, Proctor, Princeton, too name a few all made a run to small school tourney.

Programs have gotten better the quality of the hockey is so much better now. Yes, It was fun to watch Hibbing play Hermantown in classic Class A semifinal where literally Hibbing had one line and Decenzo used coaching magic to keep it fun. But now teams are deeper and are getting better and Hermatnown is the new Warroad of Class A. They push teams to get better. I am not a fan of the Hawks I cheer against them to see them get beat but they are here to stay in Class A and man was that a great Semi this year. The talent level was incredible and yet towns like Alexandria, Delano and Orono have all put together some good runs and last year the Greenway story line was great I know they had Hibbing kids but so what Hibbing did the same in the old days.

3. I am not Joey Pierce's dad hahaha I know I got you scrambling a bit when I brought up the fact you took a goalie from Ely to make your own run-in Class A. I just remember that from the tournament I went to that they gotten a Transfer in and he got hot to help get them to ST Paul in Class A. So for a full year reading you whine about Hermantown having the same thing happen I just got tired of it.

Like I said I am sorry that After Decenzo retired Hibbing made a bad hire and then some unethical things happened and the program is now feeling the pain of that mess. I hear they have good youth teams again I hope they get better and beat the Giant like Greenway did and I think Denfeld will.

Yes Hermantown made 8 Class A Chamionships in a run the last one though showed Class A was getting better... They came in as the bully in 2017 defending champs and had mopped the floor with everyone during the year (Samberg, Sandelin, Jacques, Watkins) a loaded crew and they got pushed to the brink 3 straight games OT to tiny Luverne, had to make up a 4 goal deficit to come back and beat SCC in OT and a double OT thriller vs the Moose. and they haven't won it since!

Class A is getting better the game is strong there are now 5 legitimate Sections that on a given year can produce a champion. We got through the Private school years. All the Teams that Dominated as Privates Moved up (Blake, Duluth Marshall, STA, TG, Benilde) or stayed and died because the talent dried up (Lourdes, Breck and now SCC).

I think things are getting better if Hermantown had won 5 straight or even 3 straight like STA where they came in and dominated the field then ok I get it they are hurting the tourney for Class A.... But they are not they haven't even won it in 3 years and they don't dominate it and have been pushed and beaten.... I am proud of Alexandria, Greenway and Mahtomedi the last three years they could of whined about how unfair it was and done the Rainer Route but they got better and they beat the Gaint they Tourney's have been wonderful of late
2017- Upsets the Magical Moose run and Hermantown barely holding on to repeat
2018- Alex the #4 seed smokes Hermantown in the semis which also featured a Classic between Orono & Mahtomedi ... Orono wins schools 1st Title
2019- The Greenway Run the Cinderella story and the Evil new private power SCC... SCC wins Schools 1st Title
2020- The talent of Tourney was at its highest... Htown vs SCC (I dislike both) but wow what a game and then Mahtomedi a #4 seed wins the whole thing

In the last 4 years, the tournament gets better and better ... Just my opinion I like where it's at... But I get why you want the Tier 1 and Tier 2 system again I am sorry about what Hibbing did to screw up their own program and I get that the anger over that has boiled over to blaming Hermantown for your issues... Just saying when Hibbing was rolling and a Transfer came in that could put them over the top... No one complained then...

Yes, Hermantown was getting to be annoying 8 straight Title games but to me, the Turning point for 2017 when they got pushed by Little Luverne and the New Kids in the Tourney the Moose and everyone in Class A saw they can be beaten and they haven't won it since even with Mr. Hockey...

GO HIBBING!!!!!!!!!
Who is this goalie that transferred from Ely to Hibbing twenty years ago? Sounds like it was a pretty big deal to you, but I've never heard the name.

Still don't have a favorite team? You really expect anyone to believe you have been a rabid Class A fan for 25 years yet you don't have a favorite team, and now you just shill for the big city schools kicking butt in A? It's pretty obvious why you won't tell us who your team is.

You're free to be as dishonest and fake as you want, I suppose, but it does make you look bad.
FAKE NEWS

GREAT TAKE RAINIER LOSING MORE CREDIT EVERY POST.

I am not a Hermantown fan if that is what you are trying to imply haha.

I know you want me to fit into your box that either your a Hermantown fan or you hate them and they cheat and all the whining you do.

I personally pick a few teams and then the tourney comes and I go and figure out who to root for,

I cheered for Apollo in 2015, SPA in 2016, Northfield in 2017, Alexandria 2018, Greenway 2019, EGF and Delano last year.

Next year I will cheer for Hibbing we can be fans together! Hermantown, Mahtomedi, Gentry, EGF, Warroad, Delano, Denfeld look to be the Early Class A favorites so lets work together to bash them all and say they should all move up so our Hibbing boys can make run!

By the way I am pretty sure in 2016 Hibbing played HM in game .... They shouldn't play AA Teams to push themselves like that when they are good Tisk Tisk

Make Class A Great Again Rainier lets do this!! Sorry for just being a fan and not having a true team?

GO HIBBING!!

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:42 am

ClassAGuy wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:14 am
rainier2 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:52 am
ClassAGuy wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:50 am


1. Yes I was at the Tourney I love high school hockey I go every year. Again what makes this a great state of hockey you can just like Hockey.

2. I like Class A... There was a time when you had to be on a waiting list to get AA tickets so when I went to St Paul I went to watch CLass A. Watching Pohl and Redwing win it for the South. Watching Warroad play the Villians and everyone shout they should go AA because Marvin Windows Recruits and kids go to Warroad to only play hockey (Sound Familiar), The Lourdes years when they never could get it done, Ben Hanowski and the Little Falls years, The Private school Take over Breck, TG, Breck, Benilde and STA taking over, The Duluth Marshall Run of runner ups, and now Hermantown serving as the new bully or villain. I love Class A because when I went to the first one in 94 everyone said it would just be schools like warroad and Hibbing dropping down to play in the tournament every year. 95 Ifalls made a run and won 98 Eveleth won it the traditional bullies of the old days... Then in the mid 2000's Hibbing showed up after dropping down again and EGF started to make some great runs. Along the way, Hutch, LDC, Albert Lea, WDC, Luverne, Mora, Proctor, Princeton, too name a few all made a run to small school tourney.

Programs have gotten better the quality of the hockey is so much better now. Yes, It was fun to watch Hibbing play Hermantown in classic Class A semifinal where literally Hibbing had one line and Decenzo used coaching magic to keep it fun. But now teams are deeper and are getting better and Hermatnown is the new Warroad of Class A. They push teams to get better. I am not a fan of the Hawks I cheer against them to see them get beat but they are here to stay in Class A and man was that a great Semi this year. The talent level was incredible and yet towns like Alexandria, Delano and Orono have all put together some good runs and last year the Greenway story line was great I know they had Hibbing kids but so what Hibbing did the same in the old days.

3. I am not Joey Pierce's dad hahaha I know I got you scrambling a bit when I brought up the fact you took a goalie from Ely to make your own run-in Class A. I just remember that from the tournament I went to that they gotten a Transfer in and he got hot to help get them to ST Paul in Class A. So for a full year reading you whine about Hermantown having the same thing happen I just got tired of it.

Like I said I am sorry that After Decenzo retired Hibbing made a bad hire and then some unethical things happened and the program is now feeling the pain of that mess. I hear they have good youth teams again I hope they get better and beat the Giant like Greenway did and I think Denfeld will.

Yes Hermantown made 8 Class A Chamionships in a run the last one though showed Class A was getting better... They came in as the bully in 2017 defending champs and had mopped the floor with everyone during the year (Samberg, Sandelin, Jacques, Watkins) a loaded crew and they got pushed to the brink 3 straight games OT to tiny Luverne, had to make up a 4 goal deficit to come back and beat SCC in OT and a double OT thriller vs the Moose. and they haven't won it since!

Class A is getting better the game is strong there are now 5 legitimate Sections that on a given year can produce a champion. We got through the Private school years. All the Teams that Dominated as Privates Moved up (Blake, Duluth Marshall, STA, TG, Benilde) or stayed and died because the talent dried up (Lourdes, Breck and now SCC).

I think things are getting better if Hermantown had won 5 straight or even 3 straight like STA where they came in and dominated the field then ok I get it they are hurting the tourney for Class A.... But they are not they haven't even won it in 3 years and they don't dominate it and have been pushed and beaten.... I am proud of Alexandria, Greenway and Mahtomedi the last three years they could of whined about how unfair it was and done the Rainer Route but they got better and they beat the Gaint they Tourney's have been wonderful of late
2017- Upsets the Magical Moose run and Hermantown barely holding on to repeat
2018- Alex the #4 seed smokes Hermantown in the semis which also featured a Classic between Orono & Mahtomedi ... Orono wins schools 1st Title
2019- The Greenway Run the Cinderella story and the Evil new private power SCC... SCC wins Schools 1st Title
2020- The talent of Tourney was at its highest... Htown vs SCC (I dislike both) but wow what a game and then Mahtomedi a #4 seed wins the whole thing

In the last 4 years, the tournament gets better and better ... Just my opinion I like where it's at... But I get why you want the Tier 1 and Tier 2 system again I am sorry about what Hibbing did to screw up their own program and I get that the anger over that has boiled over to blaming Hermantown for your issues... Just saying when Hibbing was rolling and a Transfer came in that could put them over the top... No one complained then...

Yes, Hermantown was getting to be annoying 8 straight Title games but to me, the Turning point for 2017 when they got pushed by Little Luverne and the New Kids in the Tourney the Moose and everyone in Class A saw they can be beaten and they haven't won it since even with Mr. Hockey...

GO HIBBING!!!!!!!!!
Who is this goalie that transferred from Ely to Hibbing twenty years ago? Sounds like it was a pretty big deal to you, but I've never heard the name.

Still don't have a favorite team? You really expect anyone to believe you have been a rabid Class A fan for 25 years yet you don't have a favorite team, and now you just shill for the big city schools kicking butt in A? It's pretty obvious why you won't tell us who your team is.

You're free to be as dishonest and fake as you want, I suppose, but it does make you look bad.
FAKE NEWS

GREAT TAKE RAINIER LOSING MORE CREDIT EVERY POST.

I am not a Hermantown fan if that is what you are trying to imply haha.

I know you want me to fit into your box that either your a Hermantown fan or you hate them and they cheat and all the whining you do.

I personally pick a few teams and then the tourney comes and I go and figure out who to root for,

I cheered for Apollo in 2015, SPA in 2016, Northfield in 2017, Alexandria 2018, Greenway 2019, EGF and Delano last year.

Next year I will cheer for Hibbing we can be fans together! Hermantown, Mahtomedi, Gentry, EGF, Warroad, Delano, Denfeld look to be the Early Class A favorites so lets work together to bash them all and say they should all move up so our Hibbing boys can make run!

By the way I am pretty sure in 2016 Hibbing played HM in game .... They shouldn't play AA Teams to push themselves like that when they are good Tisk Tisk

Make Class A Great Again Rainier lets do this!! Sorry for just being a fan and not having a true team?

GO HIBBING!!
So you have followed Class A hockey very closely for 25 years, go to the tourney every year, and love Class A hockey so much that you joined this board a year ago and called yourself ClassAGuy...yet you don't have a favorite team? Do you realize you might be the only forum member in history to not have a favorite team? In fact, I've never met anybody that loved ANY sport yet didn't have a favorite team.

You keep cranking on Hibbing and the fact that they're may favorite team. That's fine, but why won't you reveal your favorite team so we can know your true motivations and have an honest discussion? What are you hiding? Or, just like the big city teams sandbagging in Class A that you LOVE so much, maybe you're also just too chicken to compete on a level playing field?

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:56 am

I dont have a favorite team...

I love to see an underdog one of my favorite teams all time for the 03 Simley team that almost won it all.

I like St Paul Johnson for its history.

I like Outstate's with history Greenway was great two years ago... I was hoping or Eveleth this year.

I think What Little Falls and New Ulm have done in there areas is impressive.

I just like Class A like I said I will pick a true team this year to satisfy your interest there and it wont be H-town because again I know as the Denfled guy pointing out they are gonna be stacked in coming years. I try to pick an underdog at the beginning of the year and go with it.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:09 am

I honestly don't have a team I openly root for. I like how Class A has grown.

I hate The Yankees but love to watch them get beat even if the Astros cheated.

I am not chicken-Hawk fan Rainier I find it comical that Pat Andrews took over touting he would take them to the next level and they have yet to an the Class A level under is watch. He had Mr hockey to the player from Virgnia, Ely, Proctor and etc.... And they couldn't beat a team they beat 9-2 during the year..\

Its just great theatre in sport to me.

I will find a team thought for you and root for them if that will somehow make are argument better.

I just like what Class A has been the last 4 years if Hermantown destroyed everyone at state I would sing a different song but the evidence has been different and I have enjoyed the games. Sorry they are from the Metro... There was one metro team in the final 4 this year?

My point is you want a watered down version of class a I don't and I don't know why I have to root for a team.

I just like hockey and and more into Class A I told you I say the first ever tourney in 94 never missed it why is this so hard to believe??

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:39 am

ClassAGuy wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:56 am
I dont have a favorite team...

I love to see an underdog one of my favorite teams all time for the 03 Simley team that almost won it all.

I like St Paul Johnson for its history.

I like Outstate's with history Greenway was great two years ago... I was hoping or Eveleth this year.

I think What Little Falls and New Ulm have done in there areas is impressive.

I just like Class A like I said I will pick a true team this year to satisfy your interest there and it wont be H-town because again I know as the Denfled guy pointing out they are gonna be stacked in coming years. I try to pick an underdog at the beginning of the year and go with it.
Ok, you don't have a favorite team. That being the case, I don't think anyone should take your advice on what constitutes a healthy Class A, because you can't possibly understand the difference between I-Falls and Hermantown. This is made clear by the fact that you think Class A as a whole is healthier because more people went to watch some super-loaded big city teams at the tourney. This is a strange take that now makes more sense, because it's as strange as being a thirty-year Class A superfan that doesn't have a favorite team.

Your motivation, because you don't have a team, is that you want to see loaded teams fill the X. My motivation, and many others, is to have a Class A where community teams that don't rely on open enrollment and transfers every year have a chance to go to state and do well periodically, as the cycles in talent dictate. Some of us think it sucks when we see a kid leave their school before senior year to "get noticed" at the school that is a guaranteed trip to state, but you feel this only enhanced the tourney and made Class A better as a whole. Again, if you had a favorite team, you probably wouldn't see it this way. (Unless you were a fan of dominant school, of course.)

Getting back to the topic of this thread, I do think Warroad would have won, and perhaps may have breezed through. But this would have been far better than watching the city schools finish in the top three, because then other programs could look at what Warroad was doing to maximize their low enrollment, and find real solutions to improve their programs. To look at what SCC, Hermantown, Mahtomedi or other city schools are doing and figure out how they got there it's just: "get more of the tons of surrounding talent to go to your school", which is completely unhelpful to TRF, I-Falls, LF, and other community schools.

StanleyCup55
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by StanleyCup55 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 am

Rainer, it’s clear and obvious that Hermantown is killing hockey in the north.

Maybe, and a distant maybe, a miracle like 2019 Greenway will happen again but Hermantown has a clear advantage that no other team in the state has and it’s obvious and a disgrace to the game of hockey because it is killing hockey in the north as those teams cannot win the recruiting battle and therefore have no chance to compete. There is no way for them to suck it up and do their best when they’re getting outshot 70-10. Use your head man. Not sure how that is so hard for you and others to understand.

I am very surprised that any fan of the game would support Hermantown Hockey and what they’re doing in Class A.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:06 am

StanleyCup55 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 am
Rainer, it’s clear and obvious that Hermantown is killing hockey in the north.

Maybe, and a distant maybe, a miracle like 2019 Greenway will happen again but Hermantown has a clear advantage that no other team in the state has and it’s obvious and a disgrace to the game of hockey because it is killing hockey in the north as those teams cannot win the recruiting battle and therefore have no chance to compete. There is no way for them to suck it up and do their best when they’re getting outshot 70-10. Use your head man. Not sure how that is so hard for you and others to understand.

I am very surprised that any fan of the game would support Hermantown Hockey and what they’re doing in Class A.
Again I respect the opinion I am not a fan of Hermantown its just been good hockey of late to watch and Hermantown hasn't won for 3 years in row so its been fun to read all year how they are so high and mighty and then they don't get it done in the end.

Alexandria Embarrassed them 3 years ago, Greenway Upset them 2 years ago and Mahtomedi Shocked them even after they got a way with a game tieing goal that should not have counted. Its nice to have the villain and fun when the villain loses.

Again I think taking the top teams out is not the answer that was Tier 1 and Tier 2 days

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by rainier2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 am

ClassAGuy wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:06 am
StanleyCup55 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 am
Rainer, it’s clear and obvious that Hermantown is killing hockey in the north.

Maybe, and a distant maybe, a miracle like 2019 Greenway will happen again but Hermantown has a clear advantage that no other team in the state has and it’s obvious and a disgrace to the game of hockey because it is killing hockey in the north as those teams cannot win the recruiting battle and therefore have no chance to compete. There is no way for them to suck it up and do their best when they’re getting outshot 70-10. Use your head man. Not sure how that is so hard for you and others to understand.

I am very surprised that any fan of the game would support Hermantown Hockey and what they’re doing in Class A.
Again I respect the opinion I am not a fan of Hermantown its just been good hockey of late to watch and Hermantown hasn't won for 3 years in row so its been fun to read all year how they are so high and mighty and then they don't get it done in the end.

Alexandria Embarrassed them 3 years ago, Greenway Upset them 2 years ago and Mahtomedi Shocked them even after they got a way with a game tieing goal that should not have counted. Its nice to have the villain and fun when the villain loses.

Again I think taking the top teams out is not the answer that was Tier 1 and Tier 2 days
Ok, assuming Hermantown stays in A, we'll see if your opinion changes over the next three years. They are bringing up what could be their best class ever, which is saying something for a team that routinely beats the AA champ. Looks like SCC will drop off with no heir apparent that can hang with the Hawks. (Maybe Mahtomedi?) Denfeld may have a slight chance of taking them down next year, provided no other seniors magically show up to "get noticed", and maybe Warroad can pull together to upset them next year, but the two years after that are gonna be a low point for Class A.

I guess we'll see how many people show up at the X to watch a team steamroll everyone.

Locked