Transfers 2020-21

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

StanleyCup55
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:36 am

Transfers 2020-21

Post by StanleyCup55 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Does anyone know how the private schools in AA will be next year or who they have coming in?

WestMetro
Posts: 2968
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by WestMetro » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:01 pm

MinnScout no doubt has the most accurate info

Zamman
Posts: 2072
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:15 pm
Location: Edina

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by Zamman » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:25 pm

Curious why just Privates? Public gets transfers too.....Just wondering

minnscout
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by minnscout » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:47 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:01 pm
MinnScout no doubt has the most accurate info
Know of one for sure, there will be more.

WestMetro
Posts: 2968
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by WestMetro » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:38 pm

I guess if Fechko is not returning to holy family, we better add his name as a possible transfer as well as a possible early depart

goldy313
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:56 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by goldy313 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:41 am

I give it a 1 in 3 chance there is no hockey come October. No decision should be made on where to play early.

blueblood
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by blueblood » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:27 pm

Interesting to see where TF lands. Could it be a return to his roots or off to a junior or AAA-based team. Only time will tell... :-k
Play Like a Champion Today

jg2112
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:36 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by jg2112 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:30 pm

goldy313 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:41 am
I give it a 1 in 3 chance there is no hockey come October. No decision should be made on where to play early.
I completely agree with this. I'm not sure how anything will happen until there's a vaccine.

Relatedly, I don't think there will be any fall high school or college sports.

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:43 pm

jg2112 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:30 pm
goldy313 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:41 am
I give it a 1 in 3 chance there is no hockey come October. No decision should be made on where to play early.
I completely agree with this. I'm not sure how anything will happen until there's a vaccine.

Relatedly, I don't think there will be any fall high school or college sports.
There are other factors that could allow for sports in the fall, though summer training would still likely be shortened... things like more rapidly available and quicker testing, mass antibody testing, more effective treatments, and herd immunity just to name a few. Impossible to prognosticate at this point with so many variables.

O-townClown
Posts: 4034
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by O-townClown » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:03 pm

blueblood wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:27 pm
Interesting to see where TF lands. Could it be a return to his roots or off to a junior or AAA-based team. Only time will tell... :-k
He's an '03 so if you are wondering if he winds up playing 18U in Pittsburgh that's an interesting thought. College-committed to a team in the Western half of the U.S. it would make me wonder how closely they are following him. Virtually all of their recruiting pipeline is in the west. Also, 18U - your "AAA-based" level isn't that high outside of the Top 10 teams so the competition would be good, not great.

I would think a player already college-committed can play Junior hockey in their 17 year old season. We shall see.
Be kind. Rewind.

goldy313
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:56 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by goldy313 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:43 pm

Kirk Herbstreit came out and said he didn’t think there would be any NCAA football this year.

Related.....I know an Iowa Hawkeye football lineman who can’t workout with anything besides what is in his home....my guess is he is the norm.

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:57 am

Zamman wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:25 pm
Curious why just Privates? Public gets transfers too.....Just wondering
Because they're blind to public school transfers. They love this myth of "these kids have been playing together since they were 7 y/o."

goldy313
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:56 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by goldy313 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:07 am

I love the above post.....a couple of years ago a couple of Farmington kids left Farmington for Lakeville North....Farmington beat North in a 1AA final and the chirping was epic from the Farmington kids. Sats81 kid sat for 12 minutes in that game.

InThePipes
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by InThePipes » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:53 am

ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:43 pm
jg2112 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:30 pm
goldy313 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:41 am
I give it a 1 in 3 chance there is no hockey come October. No decision should be made on where to play early.
I completely agree with this. I'm not sure how anything will happen until there's a vaccine.

Relatedly, I don't think there will be any fall high school or college sports.
There are other factors that could allow for sports in the fall, though summer training would still likely be shortened... things like more rapidly available and quicker testing, mass antibody testing, more effective treatments, and herd immunity just to name a few. Impossible to prognosticate at this point with so many variables.
=D>

goldy313
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:56 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by goldy313 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:08 pm

The Governator said Thursday he expected a return to mitigation measures this fall. People will have to weigh the risks a team from a minimally affected area, say Caledonia, playing a team from highly affected area, say Rochester Lourdes. Those Caledonia kids could take the virus back home and infect their community. The MSHSL leagues response to H1N1 was a joke....you can block and tackle, huddle up and stand shoulder to shoulder on the sidelines......but under no circumstances shake hands at the end of the game.

Hopefully we have Legion baseball this summer, the kids can have their summer programs for all sports and things are normal again in the fall. Ultimately that the kids can get back in school should be the first goal, then let’s move on from there. Sports are pretty far down the list of priorities.

It is impossible to know what is ahead but you have to assume the worst now. Governor Cuomo said he had no plans to issue a stay at home order for New York in late March, now New York City has more deaths than any other Country, the mayor of New Orleans said Mardi Gras was safe and now New Orleans has a death rate you would equate to a third world country with a top medical institution in the country. To hope for the best hasn’t worked out so well.

BodyShots
Posts: 1830
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by BodyShots » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:52 pm

goldy313 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:08 pm
The Governator said Thursday he expected a return to mitigation measures this fall. People will have to weigh the risks a team from a minimally affected area, say Caledonia, playing a team from highly affected area, say Rochester Lourdes. Those Caledonia kids could take the virus back home and infect their community. The MSHSL leagues response to H1N1 was a joke....you can block and tackle, huddle up and stand shoulder to shoulder on the sidelines......but under no circumstances shake hands at the end of the game.

Hopefully we have Legion baseball this summer, the kids can have their summer programs for all sports and things are normal again in the fall. Ultimately that the kids can get back in school should be the first goal, then let’s move on from there. Sports are pretty far down the list of priorities.

It is impossible to know what is ahead but you have to assume the worst now. Governor Cuomo said he had no plans to issue a stay at home order for New York in late March, now New York City has more deaths than any other Country, the mayor of New Orleans said Mardi Gras was safe and now New Orleans has a death rate you would equate to a third world country with a top medical institution in the country. To hope for the best hasn’t worked out so well.
I read your posts and just shake my head. Your examples really bring this situation home.

WestMetro
Posts: 2968
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by WestMetro » Wed May 27, 2020 11:08 am

The end of the school year is always a good time to get the first info on next year’s transfers. MinnScout , rumor is KP has been making quite a few phone calls this week, do you have anything to announce ?

WestMetro
Posts: 2968
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by WestMetro » Fri May 29, 2020 9:30 pm

MinnScout has gone silent . We know he must know something ! Please tell us !

In attempt to kickstart some fun forum conversation on a very highly read thread, I’ll just throw out a question :
Is there any early rumor of a potentially significant private to public transfer ?

blueblood
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by blueblood » Sat May 30, 2020 6:13 pm

HMMM.....I wonder if Ep is involved.....?
Play Like a Champion Today

Blue Line
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by Blue Line » Sat May 30, 2020 8:50 pm

blueblood wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:13 pm
HMMM.....I wonder if Ep is involved.....?
I think there is some “buzz” around this one.

WestMetro
Posts: 2968
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by WestMetro » Sun May 31, 2020 9:16 am

Good one Blue Line! Bingo , maybe !

On another subject , even though MinnScout remains silent , has anyone heard about any success of KP phone calls ?

blueblood
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by blueblood » Sun May 31, 2020 9:21 am

Well, well. The reference to “buzz” 🐝 certainly makes this an interesting topic.
Play Like a Champion Today

WestMetro
Posts: 2968
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by WestMetro » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Last year it was Grant Ellings. Next year, another high scoring transfer coming to BSM. Any
BSM forum rep to share the details, when the time seems right.

TheNightman
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by TheNightman » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:59 am

WestMetro wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 pm
Last year it was Grant Ellings. Next year, another high scoring transfer coming to BSM. Any
BSM forum rep to share the details, when the time seems right.
That's interesting, looking at some high scoring guys returning in the metro area who may consider transferring, Damon Furuseth? Maybe Dylan Cook from Princeton? The rest live pretty far away from the metro area, not that that makes in impossible.

thefatcat
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Transfers 2020-21

Post by thefatcat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:32 pm

If they're referring to the Edina kid transferring from a private about 1 mile north of BSM I'm not sure it's the game changer people are expecting. Big kid, scored lots of pts against so-so competition on a bad team. Below avg hockey IQ and doesn't do a good job of making anyone around him better.

I'm curious though how he'd play this year, parents certainly aren't moving from their palatial estate in the bubble.

Post Reply