AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Hill Murray Pioneers
59%
Eden Prairie Eagles
41%

Total votes: 27

BlueLineSpecial

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

jdh wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:53 pm
blueblood wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:26 pm Posted by goldy313 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:09 am

"How many state champs did the Lake produce this year? 2 less than the TRME, and Moorhead went 0-2."

The Lake Conference is just fine. They've won 8 of the last 12 'AA' State Championships. Do us all a favor and let us know when the 'AA' TRME schools have caught up to that total.
Help! What does TRME stand for? I’m not from the cities.
Tradition Rich Metro East. A tongue-in-cheek moniker given to that conference by East Side Pioneer Guy (or so the story goes). It started as a bit of a joke I’m sure, but quickly morphed into something very real during sections and State. It was a rallying cry for the east side. Prophetic too, as it originated long before Metro East conference teams Mahtomedi and Hill Murray won titles.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
jdh

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by jdh »

Thanks. I went to high school at Sibley, before it was Henry Sibley, class of ‘61. Went to my first hockey game when I was a sophomore. We were playing S St Paul who had this freshman by the name of Woog, and we got our butts handed to us something like 8-0. I think he scored half the goals. I witnessed some epic struggles between S St.Paul, Johnson,Int Falls and Roseau.