AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Hill Murray Pioneers
16
59%
Eden Prairie Eagles
11
41%
 
Total votes: 27

BlueLineSpecial
Posts: 625
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 am
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:10 am

Class AA Championship. Who wins?
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year

elliott70
Posts: 13628
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by elliott70 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:58 am

Cheering for the Pioneers but think EP is too deep, too skilled.

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:11 am

EP looked great last night. They've got some nice players. I'd much rather be facing Blake tonight, a team that relies on one line in a 3 day tournament.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:14 am

Not to slight "superiority of the Catholic school hockey player" but ol' NWOT has to make a hasty exit from the STA bandwagon (short lived as it was) and jump on the EP train for one last chance of notching a W for 2020 state.
Soar all you hired gun Eagles in the 'chump chip' The fate of the triple A player roster expansion rest on your shoulders, may the burden be light in anticipation of title glory. Pioneers in your own right if you think on it. GO EAGLES!!!

Sparlimb
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by Sparlimb » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:50 am

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:14 am
Not to slight "superiority of the Catholic school hockey player" but ol' NWOT has to make a hasty exit from the STA bandwagon (short lived as it was) and jump on the EP train for one last chance of notching a W for 2020 state.
Soar all you hired gun Eagles in the 'chump chip' The fate of the triple A player roster expansion rest on your shoulders, may the burden be light in anticipation of title glory. Pioneers in your own right if you think on it. GO EAGLES!!!
Solid take. Your support is noted. And it also has been good luck this year when WestMetro picks against Hill too. So if you can give a plug to EP, my man, that would be appreciated. Feel free to bring up that you feel as confident as you did with Blake when they played HM. :lol: 8)

Based on last night, you'd think its EP all the way. And they are the favorite. But High School Hockey and 17 year old boys are a difficult bunch to understand. Strange things happen. Hill has the goalie to keep this close. We'll just see how it goes.
Last edited by Sparlimb on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by defense » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:00 am

I had these two in the consolation lol. So no pick here.
I will enjoy great hockey!!
Otter Hockey Rocks

Sparlimb
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by Sparlimb » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:03 am

defense wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:00 am
I had these two in the consolation lol. So no pick here.
I will enjoy great hockey!!
Well I was picking Moorhead to win it all the whole year long. And they went 0-2. Shows what I know...

BlueLineSpecial
Posts: 625
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 am
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:28 am

As mentioned in the HM v STA thread, I think Hill got away from their game last night. Too many individual efforts, way too many chances for STA to set up their offense. EP seems to come at you in waves and they play great D. Hill will need to capitalize on their opportunities and hope that EP doesn't capitalize on theirs. EP's goalie really hasn't been tested in the tourney yet. LS had nothing, and EP's D did a great job containing Blake's potent 1st line. They didn't get a lot of great looks, they blocked a lot of shots, Blake didn't get deflections or rebounds.

My head says EP wins 5-3 (EN)
My heart says Hill 4-3

Good luck to both teams.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:43 am

One week ago I warned Pioneer fans to rest up because we'd be playing the late game every night.

For me, this is the worst weekend possible to move the clocks forward.

Joe2015
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by Joe2015 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:29 am

EP has shut down both of their opponents. I think they largely do the same to Hill.
4 to 2 Eden Prairie takes the title after heart-break last season.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:51 am

Sparlimb wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:50 am
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:14 am
Not to slight "superiority of the Catholic school hockey player" but ol' NWOT has to make a hasty exit from the STA bandwagon (short lived as it was) and jump on the EP train for one last chance of notching a W for 2020 state.
Soar all you hired gun Eagles in the 'chump chip' The fate of the triple A player roster expansion rest on your shoulders, may the burden be light in anticipation of title glory. Pioneers in your own right if you think on it. GO EAGLES!!!
Solid take. Your support is noted. And it also has been good luck this year when WestMetro picks against Hill too. So if you can give a plug to EP, my man, that would be appreciated. Feel free to bring up that you feel as confident as you did with Blake when they played HM. :lol: 8)

Based on last night, you'd think its EP all the way. And they are the favorite. But High School Hockey and 17 year old boys are a difficult bunch to understand. Strange things happen. Hill has the goalie to keep this close. We'll just see how it goes.
Remember Eagles (and little eaglets alike around the nation) there is no we, in EP, just me #-o
GO EAGLES!!
Last edited by northwoods oldtimer on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sparlimb
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by Sparlimb » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:52 am

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:51 am
Sparlimb wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:50 am
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:14 am
Not to slight "superiority of the Catholic school hockey player" but ol' NWOT has to make a hasty exit from the STA bandwagon (short lived as it was) and jump on the EP train for one last chance of notching a W for 2020 state.
Soar all you hired gun Eagles in the 'chump chip' The fate of the triple A player roster expansion rest on your shoulders, may the burden be light in anticipation of title glory. Pioneers in your own right if you think on it. GO EAGLES!!!
Solid take. Your support is noted. And it also has been good luck this year when WestMetro picks against Hill too. So if you can give a plug to EP, my man, that would be appreciated. Feel free to bring up that you feel as confident as you did with Blake when they played HM. :lol: 8)

Based on last night, you'd think its EP all the way. And they are the favorite. But High School Hockey and 17 year old boys are a difficult bunch to understand. Strange things happen. Hill has the goalie to keep this close. We'll just see how it goes.
Remember Eagles (and little eaglets alike around the nation) there is no we, in EP, just me #-o
GO EAGLES!!
Seems to me EP is coming into this game to defend their runner-up crown from last year. And the nice kids from Hill plan to help them.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:58 am

Sparlimb wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:52 am
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:51 am
Sparlimb wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:50 am


Solid take. Your support is noted. And it also has been good luck this year when WestMetro picks against Hill too. So if you can give a plug to EP, my man, that would be appreciated. Feel free to bring up that you feel as confident as you did with Blake when they played HM. :lol: 8)

Based on last night, you'd think its EP all the way. And they are the favorite. But High School Hockey and 17 year old boys are a difficult bunch to understand. Strange things happen. Hill has the goalie to keep this close. We'll just see how it goes.
Remember Eagles (and little eaglets alike around the nation) there is no we, in EP, just me #-o
GO EAGLES!!
Seems to me EP is coming into this game to defend their runner-up crown from last year. And the nice kids from Hill plan to help them.
I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. GO EAGLES!

norcon
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:28 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by norcon » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:06 pm

I have to pull for the Pioneers from the east side. Coach Lechner is a class act, runs a great program, and his boys have always been well mannered and respectful when visiting our barn in Rapids. Go Green!

ChrisK
Posts: 896
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:39 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by ChrisK » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:17 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:58 am
Sparlimb wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:52 am
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:51 am


Remember Eagles (and little eaglets alike around the nation) there is no we, in EP, just me #-o
GO EAGLES!!
Seems to me EP is coming into this game to defend their runner-up crown from last year. And the nice kids from Hill plan to help them.
I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. GO EAGLES!
This may effect prognostications, word is that Sparlimb's Good Luck Charm will be playing "hockey" (aka lacing up skates, "moving" on the ice with a stick and waving futilely at a small rubber disc) at 5:30 today, outdoors no less, so Hill will be devoid of their Charm until about halfway through the game. Based on that I would expect to see Hill off to a flat start followed by a sudden surge of good luck halfway through the game. So the Eagles will need to get a good jump on the Pioneers to hold off that surge.

All I know is that either Sparlimb or my EP buddy and members of my family will be happy tonight, but they won't be in the building to fully enjoy it.
It's hard to win when you always lose.

ChrisK
Posts: 896
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:39 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by ChrisK » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:44 pm

ChrisK wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:17 pm
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:58 am
Sparlimb wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:52 am


Seems to me EP is coming into this game to defend their runner-up crown from last year. And the nice kids from Hill plan to help them.
I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. GO EAGLES!
This may effect prognostications, word is that Sparlimb's Good Luck Charm will be playing "hockey" (aka lacing up skates, "moving" on the ice with a stick and waving futilely at a small rubber disc) at 5:30 today, outdoors no less, so Hill will be devoid of their Charm until about halfway through the game. Based on that I would expect to see Hill off to a flat start followed by a sudden surge of good luck halfway through the game. So the Eagles will need to get a good jump on the Pioneers to hold off that surge.

All I know is that either Sparlimb or my EP buddy and members of my family will be happy tonight, but they won't be in the building to fully enjoy it.
Between the NWOT Kiss of Death being applied to EP and the Good Luck Charm attending half the game it appears that heavy money should be wagered on Hill.
It's hard to win when you always lose.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:06 pm

Where is Westy?!

hockey59
Posts: 1700
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by hockey59 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:07 pm

ChrisK wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:44 pm
ChrisK wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:17 pm
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:58 am


I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. GO EAGLES!
This may effect prognostications, word is that Sparlimb's Good Luck Charm will be playing "hockey" (aka lacing up skates, "moving" on the ice with a stick and waving futilely at a small rubber disc) at 5:30 today, outdoors no less, so Hill will be devoid of their Charm until about halfway through the game. Based on that I would expect to see Hill off to a flat start followed by a sudden surge of good luck halfway through the game. So the Eagles will need to get a good jump on the Pioneers to hold off that surge.

All I know is that either Sparlimb or my EP buddy and members of my family will be happy tonight, but they won't be in the building to fully enjoy it.
Between the NWOT Kiss of Death being applied to EP and the Good Luck Charm attending half the game it appears that heavy money should be wagered on Hill.
Last year I didn’t think EP was worthy and had to pull for “gasp” Da Hornets. But this year, (recruiting & transferring, & eligibility issues aside), EP is clearly worthy and it’s the last chance (IMHO) for the Mittelstadt clan to win a AA STATE title...and my gut & my brain tells me the bro’s & their EP teammates are going to do it tonight☝️

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by kniven » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:18 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:06 pm
Where is Westy?!
The Fonz is with Richie and Ralph Malf, I’m assuming.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Sparlimb
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by Sparlimb » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Well it's been very tongue in cheek all week long, that the tradition rich metro east only loses to trme teams. We'll see if that can be broken tonight. There's something about this year. Just seems right.

Gov78
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:42 pm

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by Gov78 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Have to pull for EP as only public school and they're not HM.

Sparlimb
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by Sparlimb » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Gov78 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:02 pm
Have to pull for EP as only public school and they're not HM.
Where's your east side pride? Although I expect nothing less...

BlueLineSpecial
Posts: 625
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 am
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Six weeks ago my wife booked us a dinner and show for tonight. Gotta find a way to fake explosive diarrhea so I can stay home and watch the game. That, or turn off all electronic devices, record the game, and watch it late #-o
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:25 pm

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:16 pm
Six weeks ago my wife booked us a dinner and show for tonight. Gotta find a way to fake explosive diarrhea so I can stay home and watch the game. That, or turn off all electronic devices, record the game, and watch it late #-o
What, are you a rookie at this???

ChrisK
Posts: 896
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:39 am

Re: AA Championship: Hill Murray v Eden Prairie

Post by ChrisK » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:32 pm

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:25 pm
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:16 pm
Six weeks ago my wife booked us a dinner and show for tonight. Gotta find a way to fake explosive diarrhea so I can stay home and watch the game. That, or turn off all electronic devices, record the game, and watch it late #-o
What, are you a rookie at this???
Yeah, epic lapse there, dude. Dinner and a show? You might need more than explosive diarrhea to get out of that one...
It's hard to win when you always lose.

Post Reply