Recruiting 2020-21 Season

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

arcticpurple

Re: Recruiting 2020-21 Season

Post by arcticpurple »

Jeffy95 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:48 am
arcticpurple wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:11 am
Puckguy19 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Not a non-story, but one that takes time to work through the process. Kind of a moot point now. If there’s determined to be an ineligible player not much to do now. Strip their section title and void the 4th place finish.
the dude who started that thread you are referring to was obviously impacted directly by the two kids playing for STA. MSHL By-Laws aren't perfect and are full of words like..."Intent" that is really hard to prove; I may have a home in Chicago but intend to move to MN; I may be divorced/legally separated; I may have another sibling in High School who is not a minor (18yr), who wants to stay in Chicago. There are a lot of variables and unknowns that should not be speculated on in these forums.

Minnesotan's love boasting about the the quality of their youth/HS hockey and the success of community based programs but for some reason get bent out of shape when others want to participate--A victim of your own success. The MSHL continues to loose top players to juniors. I don't have a problem with high caliber players from out of state coming in to fill the void. You can't stop people from moving into MN.... and you can't prevent them from playing varsity sports --"MN come for the hockey, stay for the education"
Um, no. There are not any of these variables that you speak of. It's all Black and White. I've read the rules several times and the word "intent" is not in there and plays no role whatsoever with the rules. Nothing about siblings staying home either. The entire family has to move, period. Divorce does play a role. You are allowed one transfer during High School to go live with another parent who resides in another District if your parents are divorced. That is the only part of your post that makes any sense.
"I've read the rules several times and the word "intent" is not in there" ...try again. Try reading Board Policy Definition For Bylaw 111. Definitely not black and white.."Intent" and "regular" really hard to prove. It has always occurred and will continue...get used to it.
arcticpurple

Post by arcticpurple »

Jeffy95 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:48 am
arcticpurple wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:11 am
Puckguy19 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Not a non-story, but one that takes time to work through the process. Kind of a moot point now. If there’s determined to be an ineligible player not much to do now. Strip their section title and void the 4th place finish.
the dude who started that thread you are referring to was obviously impacted directly by the two kids playing for STA. MSHL By-Laws aren't perfect and are full of words like..."Intent" that is really hard to prove; I may have a home in Chicago but intend to move to MN; I may be divorced/legally separated; I may have another sibling in High School who is not a minor (18yr), who wants to stay in Chicago. There are a lot of variables and unknowns that should not be speculated on in these forums.

Minnesotan's love boasting about the the quality of their youth/HS hockey and the success of community based programs but for some reason get bent out of shape when others want to participate--A victim of your own success. The MSHL continues to loose top players to juniors. I don't have a problem with high caliber players from out of state coming in to fill the void. You can't stop people from moving into MN.... and you can't prevent them from playing varsity sports --"MN come for the hockey, stay for the education"
Um, no. There are not any of these variables that you speak of. It's all Black and White. I've read the rules several times and the word "intent" is not in there and plays no role whatsoever with the rules. Nothing about siblings staying home either. The entire family has to move, period. Divorce does play a role. You are allowed one transfer during High School to go live with another parent who resides in another District if your parents are divorced. That is the only part of your post that makes any sense.
Last edited by arcticpurple on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WBLPuck99

Post by WBLPuck99 »

Sparlimb wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 am
Slap Shot wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:34 am I think there's a bit of hyperbole with this topic happening here. I don't like seeing transfers as much as anyone and thought what EP did this year was pretty gross given they have one of the largest enrollments in the state, but for people to act like community based hockey is gone is laughable. Even EP's roster was dominated by home grown players. Therefore talk of, "all or nothing" is a non-starter because neither option is every going to happen.

If anything work could be done to make the regulations more black and white and perhaps a bit more strict, but the genie is out of the bottle folks. Meanwhile whatever community you're from if they are still fielding a team than it's probable most of the kids lacing up are from that community.
It cracked me up, that on the hockey hub write up of the championship game, one guy in the comments was going off on HM for recruiting nationally. When it turned out this year, that EP was the national team. I believe HM had one kid from Wisconsin (Keopple). They happened to be more community based than EP. Anyway, the point is, you guys are right. The genie is out of the bottle. Kids will move for opportunities. So all we can hope for is that it makes for better hockey.
What's Michelsen's story? Looks like he played Centennial Bantams but is from Chicago and played on the junior Coyotes.

I'm not bringing it up to say he's an out of stater, just curious if he's got local ties that brought him back here eventually.
defense

Post by defense »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:34 am I think there's a bit of hyperbole with this topic happening here. I don't like seeing transfers as much as anyone and thought what EP did this year was pretty gross given they have one of the largest enrollments in the state, but for people to act like community based hockey is gone is laughable. Even EP's roster was dominated by home grown players. Therefore talk of, "all or nothing" is a non-starter because neither option is every going to happen.

If anything work could be done to make the regulations more black and white and perhaps a bit more strict, but the genie is out of the bottle folks. Meanwhile whatever community you're from if they are still fielding a team than it's probable most of the kids lacing up are from that community.
It cracked me up, that on the hockey hub write up of the championship game, one guy in the comments was going off on HM for recruiting nationally. When it turned out this year, that EP was the national team. I believe HM had one kid from Wisconsin (Keopple). They happened to be more community based than EP. Anyway, the point is, you guys are right. The genie is out of the bottle. Kids will move for opportunities. So all we can hope for is that it makes for better hockey.
While I liked how Hill played and I was a fan of their team this year... Hill Murray Pioneers are NOT community based hockey.
Otter Hockey Rocks
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

defense wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:07 pm

While I liked how Hill played and I was a fan of their team this year... Hill Murray Pioneers are NOT community based hockey.
That was sort of tongue in cheek. My point was EP had kids from further away. So they weren't either.
defense

Post by defense »

I enjoy good hockey. But that game was Not community based. You ever been outside TC??
Otter Hockey Rocks
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

You enjoy loaded teams with transfers that make them unbeatable.

All the losers in c-chip games were loaded with transfers. Not what Minnesota hockey is based on!
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM
defense

Post by defense »

Hunters1993 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:30 am You enjoy loaded teams with transfers that make them unbeatable.

All the losers in c-chip games were loaded with transfers. Not what Minnesota hockey is based on!
This year seemed it was
Otter Hockey Rocks
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

And when next year is more of the same and the next and the next. Class A is going to have same team in c-chip game the next five years!
defense

Post by defense »

Same thing when Warroad was winning it every other year.
Or. If a school like Denfeld won it... oh no...
Otter Hockey Rocks
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Every other year is not the same as 9 out of 11 c-chip games. Not the same!
defense

Post by defense »

Hunters1993 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:30 pm Every other year is not the same as 9 out of 11 c-chip games. Not the same!
What?? No other year is same as 9 of 11 chps etc.. cant be
Otter Hockey Rocks
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Every other year. Do you not understand English. One out of two is not the same as 9 out of 11.

Are we going to keep changing topics all day? Are you running to different threads and trying to be a fix and I get to play hound?
defense

Post by defense »

Hunters1993 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:42 pm Every other year. Do you not understand English. One out of two is not the same as 9 out of 11.

Are we going to keep changing topics all day? Are you running to different threads and trying to be a fix and I get to play hound?
No. You are though. Chasing the topic around. Changing it for your own groundswell
Otter Hockey Rocks
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

And now it’s personal. I’m out for the day.
defense

Post by defense »

Hunters1993 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:49 pm And now it’s personal. I’m out for the day.
Peace bro
Otter Hockey Rocks