HERMANTOWN VS ST CLOUD CATHEDRAL

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GopherHockey

Re: HERMANTOWN VS ST CLOUD CATHEDRAL

Post by GopherHockey »

kniven wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:22 pm
hockey59 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:15 pm After watching the tape, one of the SCC players should be ejected for a blatant cheap shot on Biondi while he was prone on the ice. Despicably dirty hit to the head!
Hermantown is officially in SCC’s heads. #over #runningtime. I just hope nobody gets hurt, physically.
What kind of drugs they selling up in Cloquet?
kniven

Post by kniven »

The game was never in doubt. From even before the opening faceoff 👍. The Metro (Gopher) better get used to loosing to Hermantown (Bulldog). Hermantown isn’t going anywhere 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

With the talent SCC has had the last couple years, and the nice home schedule they played this year, I've watched a lot of Cathedral hockey over the last couple years.

Pretty surprised that I didn't see 8-20-27 playing as a line at the X this week...
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

GO WARROAD!! =D> =D> =D>
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Trout wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:36 pm SCC is way off...their puck control and passing has been horrible. Can't even string together 2 passes. Need to play the game vs. Headhunting... HT definitely has them off their game. Surprising really with as much experience as they have.
Gotta give HT credit. But SCC with all kinds of mental/lazy plays that resulted in turnovers and scoring chances was very out of character. I wish it had been a more even game. And I’m not bashing on A the matchups were pretty well set and still the closest game is 3 goals. And go WARROAD!
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

kniven wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:51 pm The game was never in doubt. From even before the opening faceoff 👍. The Metro (Gopher) better get used to loosing to Hermantown (Bulldog). Hermantown isn’t going anywhere 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
You have a loose definition of “metro” if it includes St. Cloud.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Stang5280 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:20 pm
kniven wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:51 pm The game was never in doubt. From even before the opening faceoff 👍. The Metro (Gopher) better get used to loosing to Hermantown (Bulldog). Hermantown isn’t going anywhere 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Also weird that he called them Gophers instead of Huskies.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

warriors41 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:23 pm
Stang5280 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:20 pm
Also weird that he called them Gophers instead of Huskies.
I think he was referring to a post by GoldyGopher.
knights58

Post by knights58 »

Well at least one northern town can win in the metro consistently...they certainly can’t at AA..one AA title in 12 years outside the metro...yuck.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

knights58 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:05 pm
Well at least one northern town can win in the metro consistently...they certainly can’t at AA..one AA title in 12 years outside the metro...yuck.

What?
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Here's my take, and understand I could be dead wrong. These are two equally talented squads but I think because of Hermantown's schedule against mainly AA teams, they have learned to play a very intense two way game. SCC with their primarily A schedule got away with playing a more aggressive offensive game and were less serious about their D zone coverage. And that cost them against H town. And SCC's goalie did not have a good day. That IMVHO. I also thought the 20, 27, 8 line was impressive in their skill but they often tried to make the extra sweet pass instead of shooting the puck. That, again works against an A squad but not so much against AA level competition. Hermantown threw pucks at the net at every opportunity which created scoring chances they took advantage of. Just my take.
defense

Post by defense »

Mite-dad wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:15 am Here's my take, and understand I could be dead wrong. These are two equally talented squads but I think because of Hermantown's schedule against mainly AA teams, they have learned to play a very intense two way game. SCC with their primarily A schedule got away with playing a more aggressive offensive game and were less serious about their D zone coverage. And that cost them against H town. And SCC's goalie did not have a good day. That IMVHO. I also thought the 20, 27, 8 line was impressive in their skill but they often tried to make the extra sweet pass instead of shooting the puck. That, again works against an A squad but not so much against AA level competition. Hermantown threw pucks at the net at every opportunity which created scoring chances they took advantage of. Just my take.
This has been the case in a lot of games at this tourney, both classes. The team that will take the shot and have bodies to the net is winning. Their teams seem to be more aggressive all around too , more loose.
Otter Hockey Rocks