3 Privates & EP walk into a pub

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jdh

Re: 3 Privates & EP walk into a pub

Post by jdh »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:49 am I want to watch skilled hockey. I'm a h.s. hockey fan and attended my first tournament in 1972. I can no longer attend them so I will take the time to watch and appreciate what hockey means in Minnesota. This a showcase event I don't care if there are no true Davids left in the AA tournament.
Grand Rapids was a David in the 1972 final. The “backdoor” entry to Int Falls. Great game.
norcon

Post by norcon »

ironranger2 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:43 pm
norcon wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:59 am
mnmouth wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:16 am

The AA matchups tonight are a northern high school hockey fan's worst nightmare. I applaud defense and BlueLineSpecial for keeping it real. Speaks to being a just a fan of good hockey. Having 3 privates and Eden Prairie in the semis heralds the end to the high school hockey season for me. I will watch the A games, being a partisan, provincial northern hockey guy who would love to see a Hermantown-Warroad matchup. But AA is where it's at.

If recruiting is how great teams are being built, then I implore Grand Rapids to get Christian Galatz and family to move there this offseason. I hear that he's leaning toward joining the Wilderness next season. It is obvious that based on last night's results (and last year's and the previous year's and . . . ), goal scorers are absolutely required at every level of hockey. A team can count on them for getting a goal per game, and they raise the level of play of their teammates. Galatz would look great on in orange, particularly if Peart returns and DelGreco comes back healthy, stronger and more skilled.
That type of thing doesn’t typically happen in Rapids, but what a great addition that would be with what they have coming back. From a very reliable source...Peart is coming back. Will play in Fargo-USHL before and after the high school season. Currently there now. DelGreco’s injury healing nicely. Should have no issues.
That is simply not true. There are a couple of kids from the east side of the range that are playing in your program right now.
Did they come in at the youth level? If they’re on the high school roster, who are they and are they relevant? I’ve lived in Rapids 27 years and I can only recall a handful that transferred here at the high school level...which is what I was referring to. I’m know we’ve had some at the youth level, but that happens everywhere.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

northwoods oldtimer wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:42 pm
ChrisK wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:59 pm Isn't a priest supposed to be part of this joke too? Seems like it would be a good time for a thread about the superiority of the catholic high school hockey player...
LMAO ChrisK its too bad the internet artists got 'please ban me' #-o #-o The ol crew would of taken it to whole new level. :lol:
Very true, this thread would be 20 pages by now. I did get to meet up again with Videoscout and one of his brothers yesterday and he's doing well, despite Moorhead's disappointing performance this year. I did get a funny and pithy quote from one of the Moorhead parents after the consolation game yesterday, "You play sh***y, sh***y things happen." Expect to see that one posted up in locker rooms across the state next year.
It's hard to win when you always lose.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

ChrisK wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:24 pm
northwoods oldtimer wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:42 pm
ChrisK wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:59 pm Isn't a priest supposed to be part of this joke too? Seems like it would be a good time for a thread about the superiority of the catholic high school hockey player...
LMAO ChrisK its too bad the internet artists got 'please ban me' #-o #-o The ol crew would of taken it to whole new level. :lol:
Very true, this thread would be 20 pages by now. I did get to meet up again with Videoscout and one of his brothers yesterday and he's doing well, despite Moorhead's disappointing performance this year. I did get a funny and pithy quote from one of the Moorhead parents after the consolation game yesterday, "You play sh***y, sh***y things happen." Expect to see that one posted up in locker rooms across the state next year.
Errr, hoping the ol Rams can punch the ticket in 2021.
Miss the old boys banter :(