Section 4AA Final

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheNightman

Re: Section 4AA Final

Post by TheNightman »

O-townClown wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:27 pm
pioneers wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:18 pmYes Premier banks worked out a deal to get them to stream it.
The timing of this announcement makes me think the rights dropped in price once the sellout was assured.
That would make sense, was this one selling out ever really in doubt though?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

TheNightman wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:28 pmThat would make sense, was this one selling out ever really in doubt though?
From their perspective, yeah. What if the final had two teams other than WBL, H-M, and Stillwater? What if it was announced and a school had a huge watch party in their gymnasium?

Until these things are sold out the responsible thing to do as an administrator is to make sure you get the gate revenue.

Win-win. People that have tickets are treated to a great game. Those that can't get in can still watch FREE of charge thanks to a benevolent sponsor.
Be kind. Rewind.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

elliott70 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:10 pm
ZachHalverson wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:10 pm FM 96.7 KFAN Plus in the Twin Cities and JUST IN CASE YOU SKIMMED IT AND ASSUMED IT WAS ON KFAN IT IS NOT it is on FM 96.7

Also on iHeartRadio at KFANPlus.com/listen

as most of y'all already know, nobody wants to live video stream this game more than me
Yes, heard you on the radio this morning with the strange men.
LMFAO
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

Did anyone see the goal by WBL? I was having issues getting the site to load.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Great 1st period. Bears get one early. Newpower finishes on a 2 on 1. Place is jumping.
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

SEC Scotty wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:32 pm Great 1st period. Bears get one early. Newpower finishes on a 2 on 1. Place is jumping.
Anyone else having issues with the video feed?
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

kpryan88 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:34 pm
SEC Scotty wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:32 pm Great 1st period. Bears get one early. Newpower finishes on a 2 on 1. Place is jumping.
I got audio where is the the wideo?
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

northwoods oldtimer wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:49 pm
kpryan88 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:34 pm
I got audio where is the the wideo?
Prepspotlight.tv
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Good times being able to stream the game. Not sure who the announcer was, but he did a great job. I was pretty nervous after the pioneers went down 2-0. As the game wore on HM took control. Bears had plenty of good chances. Congrats boys!
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

Hill Murray 3-2 over WBL final.
Anyone know if Dylan Godbout is related to Jason Godbout? Unusual name so would almost have to think so.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

raidergrad72 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:10 pm Hill Murray 3-2 over WBL final.
Anyone know if Dylan Godbout is related to Jason Godbout? Unusual name so would almost have to think so.
I would bet on it. I'm thinking Ankles is a pretty happy guy tonight also.
Brodziak Fan Club

Post by Brodziak Fan Club »

Fun game. Nick Pierre is a STUD.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Tough way to lose on a shorty. Told the wife tonight, when it was 2-0, and she didn't believe me, it's a curse to get up a couple goals in this game. Seen it way too many times. The hot team to start usually loses. Couple unbelievable saves by Keopple kept Hill in it and they wore WBL down. WBL seemed to go two lines later in the game and that strategy didn't work. Should be an interesting tournament next week. Congrats to the boys who got it done tonight.
grindiangrad-80

Sparlimb wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:26 pm Tough way to lose on a shorty. Told the wife tonight, when it was 2-0, and she didn't believe me, it's a curse to get up a couple goals in this game. Seen it way too many times. The hot team to start usually loses. Couple unbelievable saves by Keopple kept Hill in it and they wore WBL down. WBL seemed to go two lines later in the game and that strategy didn't work. Should be an interesting tournament next week. Congrats to the boys who got it done tonight.
You going to the X this year?
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Sparlimb wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:26 pm Tough way to lose on a shorty. Told the wife tonight, when it was 2-0, and she didn't believe me, it's a curse to get up a couple goals in this game. Seen it way too many times. The hot team to start usually loses. Couple unbelievable saves by Keopple kept Hill in it and they wore WBL down. WBL seemed to go two lines later in the game and that strategy didn't work. Should be an interesting tournament next week. Congrats to the boys who got it done tonight.
Yea the Bears were obviously tired in the third period. Koepple was better than Steffens. Sager shortens his bench and they ran out of gas.
Congrats to the Pioneers. It was nice to see the 3 Cottage Grove kids have good games. Palodachuk had a great game.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

grindiangrad-80 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:32 pm
I moved to Southern California (was 75 today). So I still have season tickets, but sell them to a friend from my old job who is a WBL grad. I wish. But I'll be streaming them all for sure.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

SEC Scotty wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:36 pm
Yea the Bears were obviously tired in the third period. Koepple was better than Steffens. Sager shortens his bench and they ran out of gas.
Congrats to the Pioneers. It was nice to see the 3 Cottage Grove kids have good games. Palodachuk had a great game.
Sager is an easy target, and the pioneers were putting a lot of pressure on the bears in the 3rd. But HM scored on a shorty. Bears outshot the pioneers in the 3rd too. It's not like shortening their bench cost them that goal. Bears capitalized on their chances early, Hill capitalized later.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

BlueLineSpecial wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:44 pm
SEC Scotty wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:36 pm
Sager is an easy target, and the pioneers were putting a lot of pressure on the bears in the 3rd. But HM scored on a shorty. Bears outshot the pioneers in the 3rd too. It's not like shortening their bench cost them that goal. Bears capitalized on their chances early, Hill capitalized later.
Agreed. In the end, Pierre scored on a break away and Keopple saved 2 one-timers that could have gone. That was the difference. I thought the game was very even and either team was a worthy participant.
grindiangrad-80

Sparlimb wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:37 pm
grindiangrad-80 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:32 pm
I moved to Southern California (was 75 today). So I still have season tickets, but sell them to a friend from my old job who is a WBL grad. I wish. But I'll be streaming them all for sure.
My OTR job takes me from Green Bay to California twice a month. Hard to beat that weather. My wife and I are planning to spend a couple months in winter there and a month or so in the summer. I'm getting to be a regular at Salinas Fairways. (Although just a hacker)
wbhockey02

Post by wbhockey02 »

Not trying to be a homer, but did anyone else have a problem with the officiating? Pretty weak calls for WB and they missed a BLATANT too many men on the ice that lasted for about 15 seconds. That would have put WB 5 on 3, I just thought it was unbelievable they missed that, everyone was screaming
wbhockey02

Post by wbhockey02 »

Also Hills goalie was great and I saw the writing on the wall after they tied it up in the 2nd. Sager came out yet again in the 3rd with the neutral zone trap. What's the point of that in a tie game?
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

wbhockey02 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:21 pm Not trying to be a homer, but did anyone else have a problem with the officiating? Pretty weak calls for WB and they missed a BLATANT too many men on the ice that lasted for about 15 seconds. That would have put WB 5 on 3, I just thought it was unbelievable they missed that, everyone was screaming
The too many men was pretty obvious and fans were screaming on the East end.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

wbhockey02 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:21 pm Not trying to be a homer, but did anyone else have a problem with the officiating? Pretty weak calls for WB and they missed a BLATANT too many men on the ice that lasted for about 15 seconds. That would have put WB 5 on 3, I just thought it was unbelievable they missed that, everyone was screaming
Didn't notice it live, but Hill clearly had 5 guys killing a penalty in the defensive zone (3rd period penalty after Pierre scored). That was a no-brainer penalty that should not have been missed. Its not a homer to call that out.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

WestMetro
Re: Section 4AA thread
Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Zach , I hope a certain BarDown Beauty will be joining you on the broadcast , and I think she is ready for some of the third period always incredible play by play, although fans probably want your voice back for the last two minutes of regulation. . Just tell her that BDB favorite listener in Westmetro and his buddies look forward to seeing her there!

HEY ZACH !

Sorry about the Bears loss in a tight one, but I was glad you took my advice for #Alexis Mirjana to hop on this Kfan broadcast tonite ! I stopped to talk to her beforehand , she was really excited , and her fans really appreciated it . I heard nothing but great feedback later tonite !

Meanwhile , West Metro and his buddies at Aldrich were very happy to spend the second period with the the other Bar Down Beauty # Jessi Pierce tonite! This lady is a true Bears fan! (Although she was sure excited her Zephs trounced Alexis’s SSP team . )

https://mobile.twitter.com/BardownBeaut ... 4491445248

These are two great Beauts , and I really do suggest Karl send an invite to have them join the
Forum for some great Beaut perspectives from the X next week . We wouldn’t want them to think the Boys Team Forum is just for guys

I did take my nitro pills at the 8.5 minute mark of the heart attack prone third period, so I made it thru fine in spite of Pierres snipe , and found my way safely back to the West Metro

Resting up to start again next Thursday
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

The missed too many men was just atrocious: https://twitter.com/ItsTimTime81/status ... 3278400512