Games Tuesday 2-4-2020

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sparlimb

Re: Games Tuesday 2-4-2020

Post by Sparlimb »

I'd say strangely, but inconsistency is the in thing this year, Hill looked good against Maple Grove tonight. Crimson did outshoot them, but really didn't threaten until too late. 4-1 win for the Pioneers.

I'm glad I don't have to seed these sections. Stillwater gets revenge after blowing the first game against WBL by beating them 7-4 tonight. Any of the three teams could win the section and all 3 can make an argument for a #1 seed. Stillwater won't get it after choking in the first WBL game and losing to Hill. WBL did beat Hill in OT, so would still have to give it to them despite their two awful losses.
Trout

Post by Trout »

Nice win for Ponies with their top player not on the ice tonight!

Seems to me WBL could easily fall to 3rd. Worst loss in the section (Irondale) and probably finish behind Stillwater in their conference. They both have games against CDH remaining which may have an impact.

I think Hill likely top seed. OT win for WBL over hill makes it less impressive imo. Nice win tonight for Hill over MG.

Ponies/WBL currently a toss up for the second seed. If the ponies win a few good games (CDH, STA, FLake, and HF still on the schedule) they could have a very good argument for 2. If the dont show in those games they are the 3. In the end it is a total toss up!

Goal tending will win the section and the nod currently goes to Knoppel.
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

This Roseau Rams team is Jekyll and Hyde lately. Although the score with TRF was 3-2, the game was a total domination by the Rams against a pretty decent TRF squad. Other than 2 power plays in the first, the puck was seldom in the Roseau end of the ice. Roseau had 3 times as many shots and many were quality shots with some huge saves by the TRF netminder, including 3 shots off the crossbar in the 2nd. The 2nd TRF goal was batted into the net by the glove of a TRF player and shouldn't have counted. I guess what I am getting at, is if Roseau could play at the level they did last night for 3 periods moving forward, they can beat anyone in the Section. With that said, consistency has not been the strong suit lately. 8AA and 8A should have some very exciting section playoff games.
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

I would think Roseau bumped back into the 3 seed in 8AA last night.