A teams playing AA at youth levels

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Stang5280

Re: A teams playing AA at youth levels

Post by Stang5280 »

MeFirst wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:42 am You can only play on the team as a Sibley district resident, correct? So that many kids in the Sibley district go to STA?

I know there is some level of partnership but I thought it was just based on geographical convenience rather than the number of Sibley residents attending STA.
Minnesota Hockey grants “mandatory waivers” for players who want to play in the association where they attend school. So essentially you have the choice of playing where you reside or where you attend school.
defense

Post by defense »

Youth hockey should have never went to two classes, problem solved.
Otter Hockey Rocks
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

defense, you do realize Minnesota Hockey (or MAHA back in the old days) have always recognized multiple sub-levels within the Squirt, Pee Wee, and Bantam levels going back the 40 plus years since I first played youth hockey? The issue isn't "A" or "AA", the issue is their decision to change the eligibility rule from a strict play where you live to... play where you live OR play for the association located within the geographic boundary of the school you attend. See the current monster that is the Hermantown youth and high school programs. 8)
defense

Post by defense »

Wise Old Man wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 am defense, you do realize Minnesota Hockey (or MAHA back in the old days) have always recognized multiple sub-levels within the Squirt, Pee Wee, and Bantam levels going back the 40 plus years since I first played youth hockey? The issue isn't "A" or "AA", the issue is their decision to change the eligibility rule from a strict play where you live to... play where you live OR play for the association located within the geographic boundary of the school you attend. See the current monster that is the Hermantown youth and high school programs. 8)
Well I guess I was reading the topic for the thread we are in which says "A teams playing AA at youth levels". Not sure how far back you go sir, but for quite some time before A and AA became a thing maybe 6 years ago in Minnesota, there was only one class for A teams in Minnesota youth hockey, or MAHA. And yes, I am still fairly certain that the problem is that there are two classifications, not just one for A teams.
Otter Hockey Rocks