Games Friday 1/3/2020

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
elliott70
Posts: 13615
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by elliott70 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:52 am

Rogers vs Thief River Falls - Ralph Engelstad Arena, Thief River Falls 6:00 PM CST
Roseau vs Brainerd - Essentia Health Sports Center, Brainerd 6:00 PM CST

Bloomington Kennedy vs Duluth Denfeld - Duluth Heritage Sports Center 7:00 PM CST
Crookston vs Detroit Lakes - Kent Freeman Arena, Detroit Lakes 7:00 PM CST

Duluth East vs Stillwater St. Croix Rec Center, Stillwater 7:00 PM CST
Edina vs Hill-Murray - ldrich Arena 7:00 PM CST

Ely vs International Falls - Bronco Arena 7:00 PM CST
Holy Family vs Greenway - Hodgins-Berardo Arena, Coleraine 7:00 PM CST

North Branch vs Chisago Lakes - Chisago Lakes Arena 7:00 PM CST
Orono vs Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato - Litchfield Civic Arena 7:00 PM CST

Park Rapids vs Wadena-Deer Creek - Wadena Ice Arena 7:00 PM CST
Prairie Centre vs Breckenridge/Wahpeton - Ella Stern & Harry Stern Sports Arena 7:00 PM CST

Rochester Mayo vs Hibbing/Chisholm - Hibbing Memorial Arena 7:00 PM CST
Waconia vs New Prague - New Prague Community Center 7:00 PM CST

Mora/Milaca vs Moose Lake Area - Riverside Arena, Earl Ellens Drive, Moose Lake, MN, USA 7:00 PM CST
Luverne vs Minnesota River - Le Sueur Parks & Recreation, Ferry Street, Le Sueur, MN, USA 7:15 PM CST

Little Falls vs Monticello - Moose Sherritt Ice Arena, Broadway Street East, Monticello, MN, USA 7:15 PM CST
Warroad vs Fergus Falls - Fergus Falls Ice Arena 7:15 PM CST

Holy Angels vs Cloquet-Esko-Carlton - Cloquet Area Recreation Center 7:30 PM CST
St. Cloud Cathedral vs Hermantown - Hermantown Hockey Arena 7:30 PM CST

Morris/Benson vs Windom - Windom Arena 8:00 PM CST

Stang5280
Posts: 1208
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by Stang5280 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Bumping since the post isn’t pinned yet.

TRF up 1-0 on Rogers after one.

SEC Scotty
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:58 am
Location: East Metro

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by SEC Scotty » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Hill Murray up 1-0 on Edina. Pierre on the PP.

greenwayraider
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Bovey

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by greenwayraider » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:35 pm

1-0 Holy Family over Greenway after 1. Shots on goal 24-8 HF. Troumbly is out along with Vekich and Jorgensen. Troumbly has a severe sprain the other two are out with concussions. Will be a long night. Wright is playing lights out in the first period.

SEC Scotty
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:58 am
Location: East Metro

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by SEC Scotty » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:10 pm

SEC Scotty wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:34 pm
Hill Murray up 1-0 on Edina. Pierre on the PP.
1-0 Hill after 2. Pretty even game. Both tenders with some big stops.

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by rainier2 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Hermantown face-punching SCC 4-1 after 1.

Hawks up 5-2 now.

SCC punches back. 5-5.

Appears to be a 5-5 tie. What a fantastic battle between the All-Stars from a metro area of 194,000 vs the All-Stars from a metro area of 278,000. I'm sure this is exactly what was envisioned when Class A was created. :oops:
Last edited by rainier2 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

greenwayraider
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Bovey

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by greenwayraider » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:31 pm

3-1 Holy Family after two. Shots 45-15.

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by rainier2 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:53 pm

Hibbing beats Mayo 4-2. =D>

Sparlimb
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by Sparlimb » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:55 pm

SEC Scotty wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:10 pm
SEC Scotty wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:34 pm
Hill Murray up 1-0 on Edina. Pierre on the PP.
1-0 Hill after 2. Pretty even game. Both tenders with some big stops.
2-0 final. Very even game. Would not be surprised at all if Edina returned the favor tomorrow night. That said, HM has a chance to make a statement with a back to back sweep.

greenwayraider
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Bovey

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by greenwayraider » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:04 pm

Final 5-1 Holy Family

Sparlimb
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by Sparlimb » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:21 pm

greenwayraider wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:04 pm
Final 5-1 Holy Family
Be happy they may not make it past the Quarter Finals in sections...

SEC Scotty
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:58 am
Location: East Metro

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by SEC Scotty » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:39 pm

Sparlimb wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:55 pm
SEC Scotty wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:10 pm
SEC Scotty wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:34 pm
Hill Murray up 1-0 on Edina. Pierre on the PP.
1-0 Hill after 2. Pretty even game. Both tenders with some big stops.
2-0 final. Very even game. Would not be surprised at all if Edina returned the favor tomorrow night. That said, HM has a chance to make a statement with a back to back sweep.
Koepple was solid and Strobel had a good game. Edina seems to lack a guy who can finish. Williams was really good for the Hornets. Hats off to the referees. Great job tonight. Not a great crowd for a Friday night.

raidergrad72
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by raidergrad72 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 pm

Sparlimb wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:21 pm
greenwayraider wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:04 pm
Final 5-1 Holy Family
Be happy they may not make it past the Quarter Finals in sections...
SOG 59-27. Wright is going to be seeing pucks in his sleep. Well, they should pick up a win next Tues.
Next week-end looks a little grim at this point; we'll be there to give 'em support. They'll need all they can get.
Maybe by then they'll have some of the boys back but doubtful with the injuries described.

WestMetro
Posts: 2908
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by WestMetro » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:15 pm

Edina seems to lack a guy who can finish.
[/quote]


And Clark out for a while ...

hockey59
Posts: 1700
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by hockey59 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:19 am

rainier2 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:21 pm
Hermantown face-punching SCC 4-1 after 1.

Hawks up 5-2 now.

SCC punches back. 5-5.

Appears to be a 5-5 tie. What a fantastic battle between the All-Stars from a metro area of 194,000 vs the All-Stars from a metro area of 278,000. I'm sure this is exactly what was envisioned when Class A was created. :oops:
lol #-o :P

WarmUpTheBus
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm

hockey59 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:19 am
rainier2 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:21 pm
Hermantown face-punching SCC 4-1 after 1.

Hawks up 5-2 now.

SCC punches back. 5-5.

Appears to be a 5-5 tie. What a fantastic battle between the All-Stars from a metro area of 194,000 vs the All-Stars from a metro area of 278,000. I'm sure this is exactly what was envisioned when Class A was created. :oops:
lol #-o :P
You are incorrect. Class A was created so very mediocre teams had a chance to be state champions. Class A was never meant for very good or even good teams. We obviously need more classes so everyone can get a championship trophy.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: Games Friday 1/3/2020

Post by ClassAGuy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:43 pm

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm
hockey59 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:19 am
rainier2 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:21 pm
Hermantown face-punching SCC 4-1 after 1.

Hawks up 5-2 now.

SCC punches back. 5-5.

Appears to be a 5-5 tie. What a fantastic battle between the All-Stars from a metro area of 194,000 vs the All-Stars from a metro area of 278,000. I'm sure this is exactly what was envisioned when Class A was created. :oops:
lol #-o :P
You are incorrect. Class A was created so very mediocre teams had a chance to be state champions. Class A was never meant for very good or even good teams. We obviously need more classes so everyone can get a championship trophy.
Class A was created to grow the game. Give other schools a chance. Right now in AA only 12 to 15 schools have a real chance at state. Those that dont kids leave for privates or go to the AA that have chance.

Class A has grown many programs. Is Hermantown good yes maybe they actually move up soon. Cathedral is the last good Single A Private now the rest have died or gone AA.

Class A has great talent this year but they dont have the same SIZE as The Lake Conference Schools who win the AA Title every year.

Post Reply