Jackson Blake

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

diablo26
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 11:03 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by diablo26 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:46 am

I would like to see my kid play against the best during his HS career. Good luck to Jackson Blake and great HS hockey. Seems to me he left SSM with plenty of time to be eligible for this year; he is from EP. Isn't is all about great competition?

yesiplayedhockey
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:20 am

Compare this to Motzko

Motzko - Family moves to the cities for job.....The kid doesn't like Minnetonka after one year of Varsity and moves back to St Cloud to live with friends or other family members - Immediately eligible (and I've stated in earlier posts, I am glad they allowed this)

Blake- Leaves for Shattuck at the start of 9th grade. Comes back in December- Plays Bantam AA for rest of the season.....Mom and Dad still live in Eden Prairie .....Eligibility status for varsity still unknown?

Summary- a D-I coach/dad has a lot more pull than a former NHL'er

If this kid was a nobody moving from Albert Lee to Marshall no one would be talking about it

Until MSHSL gets their act together with hard line policies just let these kids move all they want...You can't have rules with asterisks . It's simply to hard and to unfair to manage

hockey59
Posts: 1700
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by hockey59 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:58 pm

yesiplayedhockey wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:20 am
Compare this to Motzko

Motzko - Family moves to the cities for job.....The kid doesn't like Minnetonka after one year of Varsity and moves back to St Cloud to live with friends or other family members - Immediately eligible (and I've stated in earlier posts, I am glad they allowed this)

Blake- Leaves for Shattuck at the start of 9th grade. Comes back in December- Plays Bantam AA for rest of the season.....Mom and Dad still live in Eden Prairie .....Eligibility status for varsity still unknown?

Summary- a D-I coach/dad has a lot more pull than a former NHL'er

If this kid was a nobody moving from Albert Lee to Marshall no one would be talking about it

Until MSHSL gets their act together with hard line policies just let these kids move all they want...You can't have rules with asterisks . It's simply to hard and to unfair to manage
I AGREE 100%☝️

MWS coach
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by MWS coach » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:43 pm

hockey59 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:58 pm
yesiplayedhockey wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:20 am
Compare this to Motzko

Motzko - Family moves to the cities for job.....The kid doesn't like Minnetonka after one year of Varsity and moves back to St Cloud to live with friends or other family members - Immediately eligible (and I've stated in earlier posts, I am glad they allowed this)

Blake- Leaves for Shattuck at the start of 9th grade. Comes back in December- Plays Bantam AA for rest of the season.....Mom and Dad still live in Eden Prairie .....Eligibility status for varsity still unknown?

Summary- a D-I coach/dad has a lot more pull than a former NHL'er

If this kid was a nobody moving from Albert Lee to Marshall no one would be talking about it

Until MSHSL gets their act together with hard line policies just let these kids move all they want...You can't have rules with asterisks . It's simply to hard and to unfair to manage
I AGREE 100%☝️
Do either of you actually know his eligibility status, or if there is actually any question if he is eligible or not? Do either of you know if his parents live in the same house?

Clearly not......

If he were my kid, my lawyers would be knocking on your door, Just saying.

yesiplayedhockey
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:03 pm

MWS

Why would your lawyer be knocking on my door....I think we are all on the same page...let the kid play

hockey59
Posts: 1700
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by hockey59 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:09 pm

MWS coach wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:43 pm
hockey59 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:58 pm
yesiplayedhockey wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:20 am
Compare this to Motzko

Motzko - Family moves to the cities for job.....The kid doesn't like Minnetonka after one year of Varsity and moves back to St Cloud to live with friends or other family members - Immediately eligible (and I've stated in earlier posts, I am glad they allowed this)

Blake- Leaves for Shattuck at the start of 9th grade. Comes back in December- Plays Bantam AA for rest of the season.....Mom and Dad still live in Eden Prairie .....Eligibility status for varsity still unknown?

Summary- a D-I coach/dad has a lot more pull than a former NHL'er

If this kid was a nobody moving from Albert Lee to Marshall no one would be talking about it

Until MSHSL gets their act together with hard line policies just let these kids move all they want...You can't have rules with asterisks . It's simply to hard and to unfair to manage
I AGREE 100%☝️
Do either of you actually know his eligibility status, or if there is actually any question if he is eligible or not? Do either of you know if his parents live in the same house?

Clearly not......

If he were my kid, my lawyers would be knocking on your door, Just saying.
What difference does it make? The point is the MSHSL make exceptions for the sons of D1 coaches (at will, not requiring them to move like everybody else). So why is JB status such a big deal to you (unless he will be taking ice time away from your son) playing varsity at EP? :?: #-o

minnscout
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by minnscout » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:37 am

Only reason JB is part of the conversation is because of all the other players that have gone thru the transfer process and have to do it correctly to get eligible. It doesn't matter if the parents have to separate homes in EP. When he started 9th grade at Shattuck and transferred back to EP in December he is ineligible to play varsity sports for one calender year, which means after the Holidays. If they have 2 homes in EP and he moved from house to house he is not eligible. He would have had to move out of EP school district.
I do agree the transfer policy is a joke, we should want the best players playing in HS league. Unfortunately rules are rules now and no family should get free passes.

Jeffy95
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by Jeffy95 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:15 am

After doing some research; I wish this kid the best. And I apologize to him for anything I did to contribute to this thread.

But it doesn’t change the fact that EP engineered an NBA style run. I haven’t seen anything like this outside of Hermantown.....,

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:59 am

hockey59 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:09 pm
MWS coach wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:43 pm
hockey59 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:58 pm


I AGREE 100%☝️
Do either of you actually know his eligibility status, or if there is actually any question if he is eligible or not? Do either of you know if his parents live in the same house?

Clearly not......

If he were my kid, my lawyers would be knocking on your door, Just saying.
What difference does it make? The point is the MSHSL make exceptions for the sons of D1 coaches (at will, not requiring them to move like everybody else). So why is JB status such a big deal to you (unless he will be taking ice time away from your son) playing varsity at EP? :?: #-o
LAWYER UP over a message board now that is just too darn funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teak
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by Teak » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:21 am

yesiplayedhockey wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:20 am
If this kid was a nobody moving from Albert Lee to Marshall no one would be talking about it
Hey! I'd be talking about it. :lol:

Section 8 guy
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by Section 8 guy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 am

minnscout wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:37 am
Only reason JB is part of the conversation is because of all the other players that have gone thru the transfer process and have to do it correctly to get eligible. It doesn't matter if the parents have to separate homes in EP. When he started 9th grade at Shattuck and transferred back to EP in December he is ineligible to play varsity sports for one calender year, which means after the Holidays. If they have 2 homes in EP and he moved from house to house he is not eligible. He would have had to move out of EP school district.
I do agree the transfer policy is a joke, we should want the best players playing in HS league. Unfortunately rules are rules now and no family should get free passes.
The only problem is I think there’s a major flaw in your logic above and that you are basing your position on something that is factually incorrect. But carry on.

muckandgrinder65
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by muckandgrinder65 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:11 pm

This 'discussion' reminds me of a joke my first boss told me:
Arguing with an/a '_______' (insert: engineer, scientist, hockey parent, .....etc.)
is like mud-wrestling with a pig. Sooner or later you figure out they enjoy it.
:D

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6959
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:56 pm

muckandgrinder65 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:11 pm
This 'discussion' reminds me of a joke my first boss told me:
Arguing with an/a '_______' (insert: engineer, scientist, hockey parent, .....etc.)
is like mud-wrestling with a pig. Sooner or later you figure out they enjoy it.
:D
Now that is funny, and (mostly) true. :D

YouthHockeyHub
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 pm

News came out on this topic on our site.

More to come ---> https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_art ... ow/1067705

O-townClown
Posts: 4031
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by O-townClown » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:01 am

YouthHockeyHub wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 pm
More to come ---> https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_art ... ow/1067705
Wow, that's too bad. I know intent isn't going to factor in here, but the kid has never played HS hockey elsewhere and grew up living several years in the community where he attends public school. Hoping this gets sorted out favorably so he can play.
Be kind. Rewind.

blueblood
Posts: 2486
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by blueblood » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:21 am

He got called out and the MSHSL is reviewing. Why the bleeding heart O-town? The 1 year rule is known by all parties, including EPHS
Play Like a Champion Today

saveforcollege
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by saveforcollege » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 am

It is inexcusable for Eden Prairie for not having addressed this a couple of months ago.

Teak
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by Teak » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:08 am

If he attended Eden Prairie for last spring's semester I don't see why he wouldn't be eligible for this season.

But, I am ignorant by choice. :lol:

InThePipes
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by InThePipes » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:12 am

saveforcollege wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 am
It is inexcusable for Eden Prairie for not having addressed this a couple of months ago.

Hey, with all these transfers it's really difficult to stay on top of all the paperwork, the EP AD is obviously overwhelmed. Word on the street is that they tried to bring Paul Fenton in to help out for a few weeks, but he couldn't understand the concept of just bringing good players in from other teams without needing to send even better players away. :lol:

saveforcollege
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by saveforcollege » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:26 am

Teak wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:08 am
If he attended Eden Prairie for last spring's semester I don't see why he wouldn't be eligible for this season.

But, I am ignorant by choice. :lol:
Based on the rule the assumption should be that he will be eligible in January. Anything earlier should have been addressed with MSHL some time ago.

InYourFace09
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:35 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by InYourFace09 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:38 am

saveforcollege wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:26 am
Teak wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:08 am
If he attended Eden Prairie for last spring's semester I don't see why he wouldn't be eligible for this season.

But, I am ignorant by choice. :lol:
Based on the rule the assumption should be that he will be eligible in January. Anything earlier should have been addressed with MSHL some time ago.
JV team should be pretty solid!

CB00
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:04 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by CB00 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:48 am

So how does Motzko get to play for SCC this year? Did his parents move to SC. Just curious if an exception made.

minnscout
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by minnscout » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:56 am

Section 8 guy wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 am
minnscout wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:37 am
Only reason JB is part of the conversation is because of all the other players that have gone thru the transfer process and have to do it correctly to get eligible. It doesn't matter if the parents have to separate homes in EP. When he started 9th grade at Shattuck and transferred back to EP in December he is ineligible to play varsity sports for one calender year, which means after the Holidays. If they have 2 homes in EP and he moved from house to house he is not eligible. He would have had to move out of EP school district.
I do agree the transfer policy is a joke, we should want the best players playing in HS league. Unfortunately rules are rules now and no family should get free passes.
The only problem is I think there’s a major flaw in your logic above and that you are basing your position on something that is factually incorrect. But carry on.
I guess there wasn't a major flaw in my logic. Rules are rules, pretty straight forward.

O-townClown
Posts: 4031
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by O-townClown » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:03 pm

blueblood wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:21 am
Why the bleeding heart O-town? The 1 year rule is known by all parties, including EPHS
I have no idea what the rules are. They're always confusing. Tim Tebow didn't go to high school, but was an insane HS football star. Sometimes things don't make sense.

I was told (obviously a very short version) that kids had to sit out a year if they were transferring from one school to another for Varsity sports. He wasn't playing Varsity sports anywhere else.

Minnesotans want to believe that high school Varsity hockey is superior to everything else, but seem to be miffed when a kid chooses it over one of the many other options. He played a couple months on Shattuck's 15O team. Sounds like MSHSL prefers if he hadn't.
Be kind. Rewind.

WestMetro
Posts: 2937
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by WestMetro » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:07 pm

Good prediction MinnScout . Btw - I hear you are already working on next seasons incoming BSm transfers and KP will have the paperwork ready right after the State Bantam Trny? Any names you can share ?

Post Reply