Page 5 of 6

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:49 pm
by thefatcat
ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:48 pm
muckandgrinder65 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:37 pm
05 Machine kid playing HS?
must be a stud!
Chaska goalie an 05
The other 05 Machine goalie has started a game for Blake this season

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:46 pm
by gopherpuck516
thefatcat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:09 am
With all of this hand wringing in regard to EP recruiting kids / transfers I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on Lakeville South.

You have 3 kids leave Farmington who are currently on the LS Bantam AA and 1 other kid who is a 9th grader who left Farmington for LS varsity. You also have a kid who was probably best player at B'ville transfer to LS and is also playing on LS BAA team.

That's 5 kids who just magically showed up on your doorstep.
While I agree it stinks, there’s nothing against a kid transferring at the beginning of 9th grade. What really sucks is there’s now up to 6 kids who’ve played for LS through bantams who may never play varsity hockey because the coach brought in these 6 new kids.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
by farmtown55
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am
by thefatcat
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I honestly don't care how they ended up there. I am simply pointing out to the pitchfork brigade that there are many teams / schools out there like EP when it comes to transfers.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 am
by farmtown55
thefatcat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I honestly don't care how they ended up there. I am simply pointing out to the pitchfork brigade that there are many teams / schools out there like EP when it comes to transfers.
I was responding to those that said the coach brought them in because there clearly is a line Between simply transferring and being recruited.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:23 pm
by minnscout
farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 am
thefatcat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I honestly don't care how they ended up there. I am simply pointing out to the pitchfork brigade that there are many teams / schools out there like EP when it comes to transfers.
I was responding to those that said the coach brought them in because there clearly is a line Between simply transferring and being recruited.
Recruited

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:35 pm
by farmtown55
minnscout wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:23 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 am
thefatcat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am


I honestly don't care how they ended up there. I am simply pointing out to the pitchfork brigade that there are many teams / schools out there like EP when it comes to transfers.
I was responding to those that said the coach brought them in because there clearly is a line Between simply transferring and being recruited.
Recruited
Incorrect!

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:08 pm
by kwjm
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I wonder why the AV goalie was placed on Bantam C? It is surprising that a Machine player is played on Bantam C for an association that is clearly not a powerhouse. I wonder what the rest of the story is?

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:13 pm
by thefatcat
kwjm wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:08 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I wonder why the AV goalie was placed on Bantam C? It is surprising that a Machine player is played on Bantam C for an association that is clearly not a powerhouse. I wonder what the rest of the story is?
Well...he's playing BAA this season for Lakeville South so that tells some of the story. Maybe he missed tryouts and was placed on C? Maybe it was punishment for something? Maybe it was strictly politics?

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:46 pm
by bardown27
thefatcat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:13 pm
kwjm wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:08 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I wonder why the AV goalie was placed on Bantam C? It is surprising that a Machine player is played on Bantam C for an association that is clearly not a powerhouse. I wonder what the rest of the story is?
Well...he's playing BAA this season for Lakeville South so that tells some of the story. Maybe he missed tryouts and was placed on C? Maybe it was punishment for something? Maybe it was strictly politics?
Or maybe it was association policy if you move on a non school change year (6th grade or 9th grade) you get placed on lowest team in the association. This is common practice.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:12 pm
by minnscout
farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:35 pm
minnscout wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:23 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 am


I was responding to those that said the coach brought them in because there clearly is a line Between simply transferring and being recruited.
Recruited
Incorrect!
Recruited

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:03 pm
by blueblood
Enough on Lakeville South. We all know LN or LS will be coming out of Section 1 no matter who plays for those teams.

The question is, will the player this blog topic is named after wait to play for EPHS until Jan 28th or pursue other options?

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:55 am
by farmtown55
minnscout wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:12 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:35 pm
minnscout wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:23 pm


Recruited
Incorrect!
Recruited
Troll much!

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm
by edgeless2
Recruited

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm
by farmtown55
edgeless2 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Recruited
I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:10 pm
by massalsa
thefatcat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:49 pm
ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:48 pm
muckandgrinder65 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:37 pm
05 Machine kid playing HS?
must be a stud!
Chaska goalie an 05
The other 05 Machine goalie has started a game for Blake this season
Owning the St's so far in his young HS career.

Win #1 was vs St Thomas Academy. Got his 2nd win of the season last night vs St Louis Park.

TBD whether he will get the starts vs St Michael Albertville on the 26th (unlikely), St. Paul Academy (likely), or Benilde-St. Margaret's (unlikely).

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:56 am
by edgeless2
farmtown55 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm
edgeless2 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Recruited
I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.
Don’t hate pops....let me tip u off...we all know we been there.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:58 am
by jackstraw
Just for clarity, LS leading scorer played for Faribault/Northfield coop bantams last year, great player

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:46 pm
by farmtown55
edgeless2 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:56 am
farmtown55 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm
edgeless2 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Recruited
I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.
Don’t hate pops....let me tip u off...we all know we been there.
There’s no hate. Just a difference between truth and speculation.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:59 pm
by gopherpuck516
farmtown55 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:46 pm
edgeless2 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:56 am
farmtown55 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm


I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.
Don’t hate pops....let me tip u off...we all know we been there.
There’s no hate. Just a difference between truth and speculation.
The current world of youth hockey players playing fall, spring, summer, and AAA hockey with kids from outside their association can lead to some kids wanting to play HS hockey with kids all together at one school. What I will say is the LS kids all transferred at the beginning of 9th grade so they’re within the rules. Why they transferred really doesn’t matter.

Back to the topic though, I’m hopeful the kid that this thread was about plays with the EP teammates he grew up playing with come late December and hope he does well, as it’d be another case of someone playing within the rules and succeeding.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:22 pm
by TwinCitiesImport
farmtown55 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm
edgeless2 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Recruited
I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.
It's called the Mandela Effect

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:51 pm
by Dog
Looking at this from a distant view, I do have sympathy for a kid who plays at an association all the way up in youth but was convinced to go to "greener pastures" for a year or part of a year but decides to come back.

Looking at it honestly, the probable reason this thread has hit 5 pages is because of the kids talent. I know part of his decision could be because of EP's prowess this year but at least the kid came back to the same program.

I hope the MSHSL goes back to a "play where you live" model. Opening it up to the open enrollment model is pushing MN HS hockey to something resembling club hockey instead of the MN model most have championed over the years.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:05 pm
by O-townClown
Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:51 pm
I hope the MSHSL goes back to a "play where you live" model.
So if a kid open enrolls to another HS they can't play Varsity sports?

Minnesota was at the forefront of open enrollment so I don't see that even being legal.

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:37 pm
by Dog
O-townClown wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:05 pm
Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:51 pm
I hope the MSHSL goes back to a "play where you live" model.
So if a kid open enrolls to another HS they can't play Varsity sports?

Minnesota was at the forefront of open enrollment so I don't see that even being legal.
Nope, just still "play where you live". If you want to open-enroll at George Bailey Academy for the academic opportunities, then so be it. Just play your Varsity sports where you live still. If you live there, why would that be an inconvenience? If the state did this, open enrollment for "academic opportunities" would dry up like the Aral Sea (and we'd get back to the MN model instead of the club hockey-like teams we're seeing).

Re: Jackson Blake

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:36 pm
by Section 8 guy
I‘ve never really thought that much about it before........but I’m with Dog on this one. Open enrollment is about Academics not athletics. We’re going farther over the line as we go here. It may be time to revisit what we were originally trying to accomplish and what the unintended consequences have been.