218 - Minnesota Wilderness U18 goes 4-0

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Duluth_Topper

218 - Minnesota Wilderness U18 goes 4-0

Post by Duluth_Topper »

The Minnesota Wilderness U18 team goes 4-0 in the NAPHL Showcase in Blaine, MN.

http://naphl.com/game-center/#/schedule ... ametype=-1

Kniven will be happy with his 4 Cloquet boys. =D>
O-townClown

Re: 218 - Minnesota Wilderness U18 goes 4-0

Post by O-townClown »

Awesome. I saw them, as well as Voyageurs. Both beat my son's team in close games.

Minnesota showed its model off to all. Elite League in full swing. Blades showcase. Blizzard showcase. NAPHL. Think how many kids it takes to fill all these teams and everyone did well. Best developmental model in the country hands down! By far the least expensive.
Be kind. Rewind.
arcticpurple

Post by arcticpurple »

As a MN native who just recently returned to MN...with some hockey playing kids. It's sure impressive the number of competitive teams the state can produce. Absolutely love seeing MN "rag-tag" teams with mismatched socks/helmets/gloves/breezers and reusable jerseys with no names, competing against $10,000 - $15,000/year teams.

That being said...to all the volunteers who make MN Hockey so special, let's not forget that you're not just "volunteers" ....but rather "professional volunteers". The product depends on you're commitment to success. Continue to make decisions in the best interest of the kids and all will be good!
GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome »

Duluth_Topper wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:43 pm The Minnesota Wilderness U18 team goes 4-0 in the NAPHL Showcase in Blaine, MN.

And the four teams they beat had a combined win/loss record of 1-15, so Knivesy shouldn't get too excited. A number of Minnesota teams did really well. Obviously, some of the out-of-state programs are better than others, so the luck of the draw makes a difference. Lots of good hockey players throughout all teams. A very well run event with highly competitive games, and OTC and his crew on hand to stream it all. NTDP U17 vs NAHL's Odessa with a jam packed rink was definitely a highlight. Warm weather did affect the ice conditions, but the rink staff did a great job to keep the games rolling.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Duluth_Topper wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:43 pm The Minnesota Wilderness U18 team goes 4-0 in the NAPHL Showcase in Blaine, MN.

It’s nice the boys can play puck this fall before the season. I don’t follow much hockey outside of my purple and high school hockey though. I’ve talked to all my boys though, and they are happy to be playing hockey before the season this winter 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

O-townClown wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:43 pm Awesome. I saw them, as well as Voyageurs. Both beat my son's team in close games.

Minnesota showed its model off to all. Elite League in full swing. Blades showcase. Blizzard showcase. NAPHL. Think how many kids it takes to fill all these teams and everyone did well. Best developmental model in the country hands down! By far the least expensive.
But remember that it wasn’t too long ago that small association players weren’t even allowed to try out for hp. And still battling bias of the mega association’s control of power...