Class A Top 20 (1-13-19)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Re: Class A Top 20 (1-13-19)

Post by elliott70 »

Did not consider Fergus for whatever reason (lazy perhaps).
But for them to reach #4 is highly unlikely and since I was only doing top 4, I did not put them in the mix.

Prairie was in the mix as I did not know if QRF would be used in this section.
If 'yes' then they would need to be considered.
As I stated,
"Prairie Centre has an easy schedule and needs to win out (or close to it) and have Little Falls look bad."
Stang5280

Re: Class A Top 20 (1-13-19)

Post by Stang5280 »

elliott70 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:44 am Section Forecasts (Section 1 to 4)
Section 1
No clear number one and no head to head games remaining so every game is important
1 - 3: Lourdes, Mankato East & MN River
4. Albert Lea - Their chance at a move up comes against Mankato East

Section 2
1. Orono
2. Mound
3-4: SW Christian, Waconia, Breck, Delano, and Minneapolis.
Lots of section games left (except SW Christian so they need to win most if not all).
The on-two could swap based on the two games between Orono and Mound coming up. One meeting is tonight 1-15 and the second in February.
Great stuff as always, Elliott. These are probably the most confounding sections with lots of possibilities left for major seeding changes.

In Section 1, I might also add Mankato West as an outside possibility for the four seed, or least a team with upset potential in the playoffs. West has been competitive with the better teams in the section and has games remaining against Lourdes, East, and Albert Lea. They would probably need a sweep of those games, but it isn’t a ridiculous notion.

Section 2 is an outright mess after the top two, and even Mound is a bit shaky with losses to Kennedy and Delano (plus I just don’t think they are anything special having watched them play multiple times). Breck is probably the #3 with wins over Delano, Minneapolis, and Providence, and only losing to Orono in section. Their remaining schedule is light, with only games against Providence and Minneapolis. Yet again they don’t play Mound during the regular season, thanks to a long-standing feud that may involve allegations of recruiting by one side (I’ll let you guess which one :wink:). Delano is the wildcard, having righted the ship after a rough start to the season. They still have Orono twice, Mound, Waconia, and Minneapolis, and could land anywhere from about the second through sixth seeds.