Games Saturday 12-8-18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

northwoods oldtimer

Re: Games Saturday 12-8-18

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Stang5280 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 pm
northwoods oldtimer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 pm
USA218 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 pm EGF over Greenway 4-2 in penalty filled affair.
Shots 30-15 in favor of EGF
EGF with 2 major penalties, Greenway with 1
Greenway looked very tired and didn't generate much outside of their PP
EGF is living up to the billing.
Greenway and CEC are total disappointment in the early going. SELL
I generally agree with the sentiment, but Greenway did have a home game last night, then had to hop on a bus for a three hour drive to make a 3:00 drop. Thanks to that brilliant scheduling, it’s understandable they were gassed. A horrible week for the Raiders, but there is time to bounce back.

If we’re talking about disappointing teams, add Chaska right to the top of the list. Two losses already to Class A teams that probably shouldn’t be within three goals of them.
Indeed a SELL on Chaska as well.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

CEC up 2-0 after one over Eagan
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Stang5280 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 pm
northwoods oldtimer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 pm
USA218 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 pm EGF over Greenway 4-2 in penalty filled affair.
Shots 30-15 in favor of EGF
EGF with 2 major penalties, Greenway with 1
Greenway looked very tired and didn't generate much outside of their PP
EGF is living up to the billing.
Greenway and CEC are total disappointment in the early going. SELL
I generally agree with the sentiment, but Greenway did have a home game last night, then had to hop on a bus for a three hour drive to make a 3:00 drop. Thanks to that brilliant scheduling, it’s understandable they were gassed. A horrible week for the Raiders, but there is time to bounce back.

If we’re talking about disappointing teams, add Chaska right to the top of the list. Two losses already to Class A teams that probably shouldn’t be within three goals of them.
Agree with you Stang.
As I said last Saturday afternoon when EGF played SCC after a tough game with Totino Grace the night before and drove up to St. Cloud. They were gassed. I suspect that the Raiders were in the same boat when they went up to EGF.
There is a lot of season left and time for these teams to get it right, (or at least better).

It is great that they are all playing each other. Good experience. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Greenway has Alex, Holy Family, Moorhead, and Hermytown on the schedule.
EGF has Alex twice and Moorhead, and Grand Forks Central, (a very good team), twice.
SCC has Alex twice, Holy Family, Moorhead, and Mahtomedi as good measuring sticks.
What is a Green Wave anyway?
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:21 pm WBL > CDH 4-3 OT
That was a heck of game, with the Bears scoring two quick goals in the 2nd before giving up the lead on two quick CDH goals before taking the lead back before being called for a penalty that lead to a CDH PP goal to tie it before it went to overtime before each team was called for penalties in which CDH hit a post on a PP of theirs before WBL scored with 20 seconds left on a PP of theirs.

To me, through my orange colored sunglasses, it appears the Bears have reloaded quite nicely this year.