Holy Angels....

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mike038311

Holy Angels....

Post by Mike038311 »

After all the down years, I was wondering if anybody sees a turnaround on the horizon? Thoughts or knowledge on any new incoming players???
minnscout

Re: Holy Angels....

Post by minnscout »

Mike038311 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:20 pm After all the down years, I was wondering if anybody sees a turnaround on the horizon? Thoughts or knowledge on any new incoming players???
No
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I will weigh in on this. Yes you will see a turn-around of this team. The new coach has the players moving in the right direction and have a few good players. They were full of Freshman and Sophomores last year and should be much improved. I had heard that they got a couple of new players that shuld be able to produce right away. They have a solid goalie. I am not saying that they will be like they were in the mid 2000's but they should be able to compete. Will know more in the next couple of weeks. Always good to be under the radar.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Zamman wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 am I will weigh in on this. Yes you will see a turn-around of this team. The new coach has the players moving in the right direction and have a few good players. They were full of Freshman and Sophomores last year and should be much improved. I had heard that they got a couple of new players that shuld be able to produce right away. They have a solid goalie. I am not saying that they will be like they were in the mid 2000's but they should be able to compete. Will know more in the next couple of weeks. Always good to be under the radar.
The team last season had 12 seniors including one that scored almost half their goals so I would not say they were full of 9th and 10th graders. They do have couple of nice players returning. Overall I would say talent level msy be but higher then what they have had recently but still a long ways off.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Minnscout how connected are you to the AHA team? I agree last year they had a senior who scored most of the goals, but he needed someone to feed him the puck and most of those assists were underclassmen. Not sure about how many legal transfers are on the team this year. But I have watched this team pretty close for over 20 years and can see the uptick in their play.
Hockeygoon00

Post by Hockeygoon00 »

Holy Angels will be better this year. It will take some time with the new coaching staff.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Zamman wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:29 am Minnscout how connected are you to the AHA team? I agree last year they had a senior who scored most of the goals, but he needed someone to feed him the puck and most of those assists were underclassmen. Not sure about how many legal transfers are on the team this year. But I have watched this team pretty close for over 20 years and can see the uptick in their play.
I know their roster well. They have a couple good players (11th grader and 10th grader) and a few that are nice hs level players. I think the takent level is better then past 10 years but that isnt saying a whole lot. Definitely getting better but getting high level players to go there will be difficult. Also, they have only 2 goalies in the entire program and goaltending could be major issue.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

minnscout wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:39 pm
Mike038311 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:20 pm After all the down years, I was wondering if anybody sees a turnaround on the horizon? Thoughts or knowledge on any new incoming players???
No
=D>
The U invented swagger.
Mike038311

Post by Mike038311 »

Somebody was telling me they got a couple new guys this year and two of them should be pretty good. That’s all here say though.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Mike038311 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 am Somebody was telling me they got a couple new guys this year and two of them should be pretty good. That’s all here say though.
The very definition of 'hearsay'!
"information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate"
:wink:
Mike038311

Post by Mike038311 »

Fair enough