Tourney Plans

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HappyHockeyFan

Tourney Plans

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Well whats everybody got planned for the tournament, will you be a couch potato, watching every deke and dangle in the comfort of home or the local tavern or will you be making your annual trip to the X to watch in person? Where will you eat or grab some suds between games? I will start off, I will be there all day every day starting Wednesday, for AA I will be in the same seats I have had for 18 years, section 114. American Burger Bar Wednesday, Cossetta's on Saturday, Thursday/Friday will hit the Fanzone. End of day beers at Liffey's ... Can't wait!!
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
thespellchecker

Re: Tourney Plans

Post by thespellchecker »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:Well whats everybody got planned for the tournament, will you be a couch potato, watching every deke and dangle in the comfort of home or the local tavern or will you be making your annual trip to the X to watch in person? Where will you eat or grab some suds between games? I will start off, I will be there all day every day starting Wednesday, for AA I will be in the same seats I have had for 18 years, section 114. American Burger Bar Wednesday, Cossetta's on Saturday, Thursday/Friday will hit the Fanzone. End of day beers at Liffey's ... Can't wait!!
I will be searching out where to pickup my Back to Back season pickem challenge trophy. I assume I will granted a booth at the Expo for those whom want advice or a selfie.
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

Took a couple days off work (not sure the wife is too happy about that)

Wednesday thru Friday: coach potato all day!

Saturday: going to the state championships!
HSPuckFan

Post by HSPuckFan »

I will be at all 16 games at the X,I have the same routine every year on Wednesday.Get down to St.Paul early (in a couple of hours) have breakfast at Mickey's then bum around for a bit before getting in the ticket line.Between sessions get a slice at cossetta's.
Go Zephyrs
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

HSPuckFan wrote:I will be at all 16 games at the X,I have the same routine every year on Wednesday.Get down to St.Paul early (in a couple of hours) have breakfast at Mickey's then bum around for a bit before getting in the ticket line.Between sessions get a slice at cossetta's.
How do you sit thru all 16? The most Ive done was two straight days: thats all the plastic seats my rear end can take
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

I will be working on my rankings formula for next season :D
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Total AA contest, section 120
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Representing for Section 108, I'll be at the X for all three days. Looking forward to it, though it'll be tough to top last year's tourney.
It's hard to win when you always lose.
Ref22

Post by Ref22 »

Sorry the officials are so poor. Many of these guys do not ref or even youth hockey. Strictly high school.
green4

Post by green4 »

Ref22 wrote:Sorry the officials are so poor. Many of these guys do not ref or even youth hockey. Strictly high school.
This is the first complaint about them I have seen. I don't think they have been bad really
Ref22

Post by Ref22 »

green4 wrote:
Ref22 wrote:Sorry the officials are so poor. Many of these guys do not ref or even youth hockey. Strictly high school.
This is the first complaint about them I have seen. I don't think they have been bad really
Boarding just needs to be called and it isn't much in high school. We call it in youth and college every time.