Section 4AA Final: Hill-Murray vs. White Bear Lake

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who do you think will win this ice hockey game?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:46 am

White Bear Lake-Hugo-Vadnais Heights High School
55%
Archbishop Murray Memorial High School
45%

Total votes: 29

East Side Pioneer Guy

Re: Section 4AA Final: Hill-Murray vs. White Bear Lake

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

HockeyonFire wrote:
youwish22 wrote:I got Hill-Murray in the upset 4-2 with open netter.
Why does the MSHSL let Hill play this game at home????? Just for that i am appalled. Should be at the New Tria or Ridder.
So what? Aldrich was the home ice to White Bear for decades. Just because they decide to move to dump with the worst sight lines in the east metro, why shouldn't the final be at the most suitable venue in the area?

North Saint Paul, Tartan and Stillwater all chose to leave Aldrich. If they want to return, ice times are available at reasonable rates.

What is the seating at Tria? 500?
tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 »

HockeyonFire wrote:
Why does the MSHSL let Hill play this game at home????? Just for that i am appalled. Should be at the New Tria or Ridder.
yes because that home ice advantage in high scbool hockey goes a long way. Yes let's make east metro teams go across town tp play when there ia a perfectly gpod facility on said east side. Tria too small.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
Bayside Tigers wrote:I remember it happening to the Vancouver Canucks a few years ago.

I heard, probably not to anybodies surprise, that they sold out of the 1,400 tickets at Aldrich today. Who is excited? Anybody have some all-time stats to post? Remember when they used to do this at the Hippodrome?
1400??? Why are they selling less than half of the capacity?
1400 is probably just the tickets that were returned by the schools. Those were sold today. Tickets at Aldrich went on sale yesterday morning also.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
East Side Pioneer Guy

tourneytickssince59 wrote:
HockeyonFire wrote:
yes because that home ice advantage in high scbool hockey goes a long way. Yes let's make east metro teams go across town tp play when there ia a perfectly gpod facility on said east side. Tria too small.[/quot

Most high school players are products of their association's in house league and have never skated anywhere but their home rinks. So a Stillwater kid most likely has not set foot inside White Bear's arena or vice versa. And Sager is apparently not smart enough to schedule a few practices at Aldrich in January or February.

And if home ice is such a big deal, what is White Bear's record against Hill in their shed?

For Pete's sake, stop whining, drop the puck and play hockey.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:Most high school players are products of their association's in house league and have never skated anywhere but their home rinks. So a Stillwater kid most likely has not set foot inside White Bear's arena or vice versa.
This is possibly the dumbest comment I have read on this board in a very long time. Have you every heard about traveling hockey? You or your kids play in any tournaments? #-o

Oh by the way, even mite kids play in tournaments at opposing arena's.
East Side Pioneer Guy

BodyShots wrote:
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:Most high school players are products of their association's in house league and have never skated anywhere but their home rinks. So a Stillwater kid most likely has not set foot inside White Bear's arena or vice versa.
This is possibly the dumbest comment I have read on this board in a very long time. Have you every heard about traveling hockey? You or your kids play in any tournaments? #-o

Will someone please explain irony to Bodyshots and inthewine? It's hard to tell which of the two is the more stable genius.
East Side Pioneer Guy

But the part about Sager was not irony.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
BodyShots wrote:

Will someone please explain irony to Bodyshots and inthewine? It's hard to tell which of the two is the more stable genius.
Dude, you're talking down to people and neither one of your idiot posts has anything to do with irony. Go look it up yourself. I think the nuns hit you in the head with a ruler too many times. What an arrogant Bozo.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

HockeyonFire wrote:
It's one of the perks of being a top private school...
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

Is there no feed at all tonight? Only 2 games and there is nothing? So lame...
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

The Hub says Hill leads 1-0 after 1. Is that accurate?
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:The Hub says Hill leads 1-0 after 1. Is that accurate?
Hill’s twitter feed agrees with the hub.
scoreandscoreoften

Post by scoreandscoreoften »

3-1 Hill after 2
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

kpryan88 wrote:Is there no feed at all tonight? Only 2 games and there is nothing? So lame...
I agree. The MSHSL rules about playoff broadcasts are too cumbersome. Each section can make its own deal but there are a lot of hoops to jump through. Section 7 was the only one to make video streaming available, via a pay-per-view deal with the Duluth TV station. Time for someone at MSHSL to step up and reach out to ensure every sectional playoff is available online in the future. There were 1000 people listening online at YouTube (watching a black screen with a scoreboard) for the Minnetonka-Holy Family final. The State of Hockey has been broadcasting Tonka games all season but are prohibited during the playoffs because of MSHSL rules and the difficulties involved. Ultimately the MSHSL has to protect its rights holders (Prep45, GrandStadium TV, and so on) but having NO option (or just audio) online is worse for everyone. Does the NCAA only broadcast the Final Four? The sectional finals are some of the best games of the season with so much riding on the line.
Last edited by JerseyDave on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

scoreandscoreoften wrote:3-1 Hill after 2
HMBH Twitter feed says 3-1; 1:25 left, WBL timeout
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

stpaul wrote:
LASERBLUE135 wrote:Guarantee WBL will be holding their sticks a little tight to start tonight. First time in a while they’ve come into this game as heavy favorites with a chance to do real damage at state. With so much riding on this one I expect they come out flat. Hope they win, but I’m worried.
It's been true in the past. The higher seed is only 6-8 in the 14 HM-WBL Section Final games since the first one in 1985. White Bear has never won a Section Final vs. Hill-Murray as a #1 seed. They are 0-4 in these games - 1985, 1991, 2000 and 2002. WBL's 4 Section Final wins vs. HM were all as the #2 seed.

A big however is that WBL has 22 wins this year and HM has 12. WBL should win tonight.
Make it 6-9 & 0-5 for WBL!! Did not see this one coming; but I’ll take it!! #theboysarebackintown
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

3-1 HM goes to state. What the hell happened to White Bear tonight? I'm happy to see my team go, but a sad day for Bear fans. Let the Sager comments begin...
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Death, taxes, and White Bear Lake bowing out before they should in the playoffs. If ever they should have done it, it was this year...and I still can't say I had any faith in them.

Congrats to Lechner and his young guns for finding a way yet again. They know how to get it done, even in a year with a losing regular season. Centennial now climbs into position for the 5-seed, and we're going to get a fun quarterfinal matchup involving Hill in one way or another.
tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 »

Final. 3-1.
That's one heck of a coaching job by Lex.
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

karl(east) wrote:Death, taxes, and White Bear Lake bowing out before they should in the playoffs. If ever they should have done it, it was this year...and I still can't say I had any faith in them.

Congrats to Lechner and his young guns for finding a way yet again. They know how to get it done, even in a year with a losing regular season. Centennial now climbs into position for the 5-seed, and we're going to get a fun quarterfinal matchup involving Hill in one way or another.
WBL pulled an Elk River. (or does Elk River pull a White Bear Lake every year?) #DeepThoughts
grindiangrad-80

Joe2015 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Death, taxes, and White Bear Lake bowing out before they should in the playoffs. If ever they should have done it, it was this year...and I still can't say I had any faith in them.

WBL pulled an Elk River. (or does Elk River pull a White Bear Lake every year?) #DeepThoughts
Joe- Did you ever play the game? Just curious. Most guys that did don't comment that way.
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Joe2015 wrote:

Joe- Did you ever play the game? Just curious. Most guys that did don't comment that way.
Nope
grindiangrad-80

Joe2015 wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Joe2015 wrote: WBL pulled an Elk River. (or does Elk River pull a White Bear Lake every year?) #DeepThoughts
I knew that.

Nope
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Joe2015 wrote:

What did I say? I'm hardly the first person to poke fun at Elk River's early playoff exits
grindiangrad-80

Joe2015 wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Joe2015 wrote: WBL pulled an Elk River. (or does Elk River pull a White Bear Lake every year?) #DeepThoughts

What did I say? I'm hardly the first person to poke fun at Elk River's early
playoff exits
You know what? Elk River has had some good frickin teams and some good frickin players. I know people like to rip on pro teams but I just can't see doing the same to high school kids. Again, people who have actually played and competed are not going to do that.