6AA Final: Wayzata v. Edina

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Trojans or Hornets?

Trojans
17%
Hornets
83%

Total votes: 24

hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

O-townClown wrote:Jett PP 7-1
This is DE vs DM deja vu
From Monday night 😉😳
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

MNHockeyFan wrote:A total of 7 goals scored so far through two periods, and 6 of them have been unassisted? Is that possible? :roll:
Five unassisted, according to the MN Hockey Hub. Walker assisted the last two goals (by Jett).
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

JerseyDave wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:A total of 7 goals scored so far through two periods, and 6 of them have been unassisted? Is that possible? :roll:
Five unassisted, according to the MN Hockey Hub. Walker assisted the last two goals (by Jett).
When I posted the score was 6-1 and I was including the lone Wayzata goal. At that point it was 6 of 7 unassisted.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
JerseyDave wrote:
When I posted the score was 6-1 and I was including the lone Wayzata goal. At that point it was 6 of 7 unassisted.
Good math, my bad.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Gotta feel bad for Wayzata goalie Trevor Wong. If the Hub stats are accurate, through two periods he's faced 11 shots, but only has 4 saves. Can this be right?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

8-1. Colby

For the game tons of assists. I don’t think any were UA.
Be kind. Rewind.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

MNHockeyFan wrote:Gotta feel bad for Wayzata goalie Trevor Wong. If the Hub stats are accurate, through two periods he's faced 11 shots, but only has 4 saves. Can this be right?

Not sure the Hub's stats are accurate. Wong was yanked when the score was 6-1 and an Edina PP was pending. A senior goalie was inserted and Edina scored again. Wong had some good saves according to the audio stream, but Edina was too quick. Edina scored quickly at the start of both the first and second periods.
Last edited by JerseyDave on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaddysMoney

Post by DaddysMoney »

Wish we could've had CDH. Would've been a much more competitive game. Wayzata was outmatched start to finish -- at least CDH would've been able to compete physically and emotionally.
DaddysMoney

Post by DaddysMoney »

MNHockeyFan wrote:Gotta feel bad for Wayzata goalie Trevor Wong. If the Hub stats are accurate, through two periods he's faced 11 shots, but only has 4 saves. Can this be right?
It wasn't all Wong's fault. He played decent. His defense and forwards let him down completely all game.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

JerseyDave wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:Clearly not sold out
How do you know? I haven't seen any photos at the MN Hockey Hub blog and State of Hockey is only broadcasting audio. Thanks.
Some pictures on Twitter.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

The Hub's stats have been updated, showing assists on the goals and many more saves by Wong. From listening to the audio stream, I thought O'Leary pulled Wong for a senior goalie in the second period when it was 6-1 so the Hub's stats may still not be accurate.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

JerseyDave wrote:
The Hub's stats have been updated, showing assists on the goals and many more saves by Wong. From listening to the audio stream, I thought O'Leary pulled Wong for a senior goalie in the second period when it was 6-1 so the Hub's stats may still not be accurate.
Sometimes it takes quite a while before the stats are updated and finalized. This was obviously one of those times.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Video broadcast of the game. This was not available live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVQF4GLYVXg
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Thanks for sharing. Great video quality and impressive production values.
Be kind. Rewind.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

O-townClown wrote:Thanks for sharing. Great video quality and impressive production values.
Awesome video quality! Not sure why they didn't stick around and tape the Tonka-Holy Family game.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

CCX Media does a great job. It's a professional production. They were at PIC for the regular season game between Edina and Wayzata. I was standing next to them for the entire game since I arrived late and the seating was pretty much full. The guys calling the game are knowledgeable about the sport and weren't just thrown into the mix. It was also nice to sneak a peak at the monitor if I wanted to see a replay during a break in the action! :)
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

ryguyMN wrote:CCX Media does a great job. It's a professional production. They were at PIC for the regular season game between Edina and Wayzata. I was standing next to them for the entire game since I arrived late and the seating was pretty much full. The guys calling the game are knowledgeable about the sport and weren't just thrown into the mix. It was also nice to sneak a peak at the monitor if I wanted to see a replay during a break in the action! :)
I don't quite understand what they do. Are they journalists or videographers for hire? They are not purely sports. Did Edina or Wayzata hire them? Seems strange they would do that game and then not do Minnetonka-Holy Family at the same venue afterwards, but I looked on their broadcast schedule on their website and sure enough, the Tonka game was not on the schedule.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

JerseyDave wrote:
ryguyMN wrote:CCX Media does a great job. It's a professional production. They were at PIC for the regular season game between Edina and Wayzata. I was standing next to them for the entire game since I arrived late and the seating was pretty much full. The guys calling the game are knowledgeable about the sport and weren't just thrown into the mix. It was also nice to sneak a peak at the monitor if I wanted to see a replay during a break in the action! :)
I don't quite understand what they do. Are they journalists or videographers for hire? They are not purely sports. Did Edina or Wayzata hire them? Seems strange they would do that game and then not do Minnetonka-Holy Family at the same venue afterwards, but I looked on their broadcast schedule on their website and sure enough, the Tonka game was not on the schedule.
The same group does the Wayzata Turkey Trot every year, so I believe it's a Wayzata operation. They're associated with a public access channel does a lot of sporting events in the northwest metro. Couldn't tell you much else, though.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

As Karl alluded, CCX Media is a brand/service of Northwest Community Television, a public access channel (Channel 12) in the northwest suburbs - Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Golden Valley, Maple Grove, New Hope, Osseo, Plymouth and Robbinsdale. They are based out of Brooklyn Park. The station broadcasts a wide range of high school sports and even have their own local newscast.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

ryguyMN wrote:As Karl alluded, CCX Media is a brand/service of Northwest Community Television, a public access channel (Channel 12) in the northwest suburbs - Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Golden Valley, Maple Grove, New Hope, Osseo, Plymouth and Robbinsdale. They are based out of Brooklyn Park. The station broadcasts a wide range of high school sports and even have their own local newscast.
Great local coverage! They do a good job.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »