The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by defense » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:31 pm

Hermantown likely won it anyway
Otter Hockey Rocks

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:14 pm

without the transfers. The transfers back in Ely,Proctor, Virginia, Cloquet. If we had a round robin with section 7.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by defense » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:27 pm

Let's go proctor, Ely, ..Hermantown Hawks!!!


No one cares bro.. beerGrand Marais too..
Still.. unfortunately no one cares.. sorry Denfeld...no one gives a (wrong word apologies... ) damn?
Last edited by defense on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Otter Hockey Rocks

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:34 pm

Here are the players who would be on roster with stats from 2019.
Name-goals-assists
Blake Biondi 37-39
Aaron Pionk 9-20
Adyn Dowd. 12-5
Jackson Lucia. 2-11
Beau Janzig. 4-5
Matt Erickson 4-4
Caden Sunde 4-3

Goalie
David Rutka

Tell me how this team would do against the section. With transfers back to Ely, Virginia, Denfeld, Proctor,
Would they even get a home game for playoffs?
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by defense » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:36 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:34 pm
Here are the players who would be on roster with stats from 2019.
Name-goals-assists
Blake Biondi 37-39
Aaron Pionk 9-20
Adyn Dowd. 12-5
Jackson Lucia. 2-11
Beau Janzig. 4-5
Matt Erickson 4-4
Caden Sunde 4-3

Goalie
David Rutka

Tell me how this team would do against the section. With transfers back to Ely, Virginia, Denfeld, Proctor,
Would they even get a home game for playoffs?
Still not over Denfeld's hurt??? Sorry bro, no one can help you. Sad
Otter Hockey Rocks

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by defense » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:39 pm

Fireball
Otter Hockey Rocks

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Is that the best you got? You don’t have a response to a question or thought out post. If you don’t have an adult response could you not post so that another adult could respond. Thanks
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by defense » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:43 pm
Is that the best you got? You don’t have a response to a question or thought out post. If you don’t have an adult response could you not post so that another adult could respond. Thanks
Dude. I have responded to you to everyone. I have also asked wa questions of you.. if all th Hermantown haters. I love this battle. But I have to sleep now. See you tomorrow?
Otter Hockey Rocks

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by defense » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:49 pm

You want to just tomorrow? I have to pass out
Otter Hockey Rocks

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Here are the players who would be on roster with stats from 2019.
Name-goals-assists
Blake Biondi 37-39
Aaron Pionk 9-20
Adyn Dowd. 12-5
Jackson Lucia. 2-11
Beau Janzig. 4-5
Matt Erickson 4-4
Caden Sunde 4-3

Goalie
David Rutka

Tell me how this team would do against the section. With transfers back to Ely, Virginia, Denfeld, Proctor,
Would they even get a home game for playoffs?
Thoughts Hermantown fans.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by defense » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:21 am

Hunters1993 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:51 pm
Here are the players who would be on roster with stats from 2019.
Name-goals-assists
Blake Biondi 37-39
Aaron Pionk 9-20
Adyn Dowd. 12-5
Jackson Lucia. 2-11
Beau Janzig. 4-5
Matt Erickson 4-4
Caden Sunde 4-3

Goalie
David Rutka

Tell me how this team would do against the section. With transfers back to Ely, Virginia, Denfeld, Proctor,
Would they even get a home game for playoffs?
Thoughts Hermantown fans.
Idk. What do you think?
Otter Hockey Rocks

Wise Old Man
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Wise Old Man » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 am

"Hunters", my advice -- for what it's worth -- it isn't worth trying to argue/debate with someone who obviously isn't A.) informed B.) willing to admit when they are wrong when the facts prove them to be so and C.) is apparently drinking heavily while posting/debating. :roll:

"defense", if you really aren't a Hermantown fan and live in/support a western Minnesota team, I'm a little surprised you care so much about this topic. Also, if you're really going to debate someone in a written format, it would be much easier to understand you if you could construct at least most of your sentences/responses in proper English. You could especially stop using the word "bro".

Back to the actual topic. As I stated in my longer post a few days ago, Hermantown has advantages that literally no other public school Class "A" team has. Especially in regards to how many other youth and high school programs are within a 30 minute drive of Hermantown which makes it easier to transfer/open enroll to Hermantown while not having to actually move. Again I'll state, nobody is accusing anyone with any administrative leadership authority in either the youth or high school program of doing anything illegal (at least I'm not). Still, there is the black and white rule the way it's written and, the spirit of the rule in how it was intended to be applied. And, Hermantown is without question abusing the spirit of the open enroll/transfer rules.

"Defense", you made a comment/asked a question in one of the 20+ posts the last two days that "if Hermantown had broken any rules, why haven't they been punished?" You do realize that the high school league (MSHSL) doesn't have a rules enforcement person/people? It leaves it up to the schools to "self-report" any type of eligibility violations. Meaning, most of the schools that are breaking the rules are doing it with the complicity of the AD and, even the principal. Especially in a smaller school where those types of things are fairly well know by almost anyone involved. Plus, in these situations, the parents of players who end up being pushed out of possible varsity or, even JV slots by the incoming transfer(s), tend to get pretty vocal in their anger/frustration. Making it almost impossible for a coach or AD or principal from being aware of the potential issue. In fact, this happened at Hermantown this past season after the Kilen kid came in and caused a couple kids to be cut that otherwise wouldn't have been. Both of whom were actually "Hermantown grown" players. In fact, Scott Pionk was very forceful in voicing his frustration over the Kilen transfer with both Coach Andrews and Beth Clark the AD -- and his son wasn't even affected by it. That's called having INTEGRITY. A very rare trait in most of Hermantown's leadership group.

The reality is, there were certain parents of certain Hermantown players that definitely weren't shy about approaching other players/parents from other programs in an effort to get them to transfer to Hermantown, especially in the last 5 or 6 years. The main thing about the high school transfer rule (after you enter 9th grade) that is "abused", is the part of the rule that for a player/student to be immediately varsity eligible, the player's/student's entire family is required to move to the geographic boundary of the new school. In regards to Hermantown, there are definitely some conversations out there about whether Kilen's family fully moved, as well as the family of the player (forget his name) from Hayward. To be clear, this is also an issue for many of the transfers that occur in the Metro. Heck, there's an entire thread dedicated to this in regards to two of the players who transferred to St. Thomas Academy from out of state this past summer. What's frustrating for many of us who truly enjoy high school hockey and, appreciate the "community based model", is that if the MSHSL is going to have a rule that obviously can so directly affect and benefit a program's ability to compete, they absolutely have an obligation to legitimately investigate any situations of potential malfeasance in a timely manner. And, if guilty, enforce the appropriate penalties/punishments on the school. Otherwise, why have a rule? Unfortunately, unless threatened with potential legal action, it seems that the high school league would prefer to cover their eyes and hope any complaints just fade away on their own.

norcon
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:28 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by norcon » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Wise Old Man wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 am
"Hunters", my advice -- for what it's worth -- it isn't worth trying to argue/debate with someone who obviously isn't A.) informed B.) willing to admit when they are wrong when the facts prove them to be so and C.) is apparently drinking heavily while posting/debating. :roll:

"defense", if you really aren't a Hermantown fan and live in/support a western Minnesota team, I'm a little surprised you care so much about this topic. Also, if you're really going to debate someone in a written format, it would be much easier to understand you if you could construct at least most of your sentences/responses in proper English. You could especially stop using the word "bro".

Back to the actual topic. As I stated in my longer post a few days ago, Hermantown has advantages that literally no other public school Class "A" team has. Especially in regards to how many other youth and high school programs are within a 30 minute drive of Hermantown which makes it easier to transfer/open enroll to Hermantown while not having to actually move. Again I'll state, nobody is accusing anyone with any administrative leadership authority in either the youth or high school program of doing anything illegal (at least I'm not). Still, there is the black and white rule the way it's written and, the spirit of the rule in how it was intended to be applied. And, Hermantown is without question abusing the spirit of the open enroll/transfer rules.

"Defense", you made a comment/asked a question in one of the 20+ posts the last two days that "if Hermantown had broken any rules, why haven't they been punished?" You do realize that the high school league (MSHSL) doesn't have a rules enforcement person/people? It leaves it up to the schools to "self-report" any type of eligibility violations. Meaning, most of the schools that are breaking the rules are doing it with the complicity of the AD and, even the principal. Especially in a smaller school where those types of things are fairly well know by almost anyone involved. Plus, in these situations, the parents of players who end up being pushed out of possible varsity or, even JV slots by the incoming transfer(s), tend to get pretty vocal in their anger/frustration. Making it almost impossible for a coach or AD or principal from being aware of the potential issue. In fact, this happened at Hermantown this past season after the Kilen kid came in and caused a couple kids to be cut that otherwise wouldn't have been. Both of whom were actually "Hermantown grown" players. In fact, Scott Pionk was very forceful in voicing his frustration over the Kilen transfer with both Coach Andrews and Beth Clark the AD -- and his son wasn't even affected by it. That's called having INTEGRITY. A very rare trait in most of Hermantown's leadership group.

The reality is, there were certain parents of certain Hermantown players that definitely weren't shy about approaching other players/parents from other programs in an effort to get them to transfer to Hermantown, especially in the last 5 or 6 years. The main thing about the high school transfer rule (after you enter 9th grade) that is "abused", is the part of the rule that for a player/student to be immediately varsity eligible, the player's/student's entire family is required to move to the geographic boundary of the new school. In regards to Hermantown, there are definitely some conversations out there about whether Kilen's family fully moved, as well as the family of the player (forget his name) from Hayward. To be clear, this is also an issue for many of the transfers that occur in the Metro. Heck, there's an entire thread dedicated to this in regards to two of the players who transferred to St. Thomas Academy from out of state this past summer. What's frustrating for many of us who truly enjoy high school hockey and, appreciate the "community based model", is that if the MSHSL is going to have a rule that obviously can so directly affect and benefit a program's ability to compete, they absolutely have an obligation to legitimately investigate any situations of potential malfeasance in a timely manner. And, if guilty, enforce the appropriate penalties/punishments on the school. Otherwise, why have a rule? Unfortunately, unless threatened with potential legal action, it seems that the high school league would prefer to cover their eyes and hope any complaints just fade away on their own.
That was a great read!👍

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:50 pm

Hermantown is ahead of the curve when it comes to how high school hockey is done in 2020. The top 20’teams in pagestat routinely each and every year all have mastered the game of open enrollment and transfers. If you want to matter during the season, post season, and after high school, this is how it’s done. I refuse to play the victim card. What you’re saying and complaining about is how come our program can’t get the extra kids coming to my program. Because every program out there would take the outside kids if they wanted to come play for your school. They all want to go to Hermantown.

They play the toughest AA schedule they can being an A school in northern Minnesota. I don’t get why they just don’t become “independent “ for hockey and play anybody they choose to and get rid of the A teams on their regular season schedule. But. They don’t have to.

Expectations. My expectations for CEC in 7AA are to get a home playoff game and split with East. That’s it. I love my kids and our program. It’s the best!!! But I don’t or have never expected to make the section final game. Let alone the state tournament. Those state tournament teams every year in AA. They are Hermantown on steroids. We would never have a shot. It’s a totally different leave and breed of teams down there.

My goals in 7A would be the same. Split with Hermantown and get a home playoff game. Most of the teams in A routinely do exactly what hermantown does. That’s the way the game has to be played in 2020 if you want to win. Most schools would love to be a part of the 2020 hockey, but they aren’t good enough year in and year out to attract the kids from the outside. So, like CEC, we do the best with what we’ve got. In-house. And in-house programs loose their high end talent, that’s just the way it is. CEC is no different.

Hermantown has been building to this since 1997. And they’ve perfected it. It’s a model identical to, or better, than many other blue bloods in the state. Hermantown hockey insiders do NOT care about all the noise outside their program. Just as CEC don’t care or hear the noise I’m making about moving down to 7A. I don’t care if we’d need to get through Hermantown.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:21 pm

Why would they care. They get better arenas, facilities, a new school, etc . Every transfer in makes their home values increase the fields their kids play in better. I could go on with the economic benefits and the benefits to their kids. And best of all the transfer kids see a free ride to xcel every year to play in a c-chip game. Course they don’t care.

The AD and coaches need to man up and play where they belong.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:21 pm
Why would they care. They get better arenas, facilities, a new school, etc . Every transfer in makes their home values increase the fields their kids play in better. I could go on with the economic benefits and the benefits to their kids. And best of all the transfer kids see a free ride to xcel every year to play in a c-chip game. Course they don’t care.

The AD and coaches need to man up and play where they belong.
You forget the biggest thing.....D1 scholarships to play hockey. Hermantown High school hockey players play a really tough regular season schedule, and play/compete with the other singleA bluebloods at state every year, and multiple D1 scholarships. That’s a ton a program can offer a kid. So impressive. High school hockey isn’t their priority or concern really. It’s just a means to getting to a great situation post high school. / and free money = scholarships. CEC and most A schools can’t come close to what the several A bluebloods can give as far as opportunity beyond high school.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:39 pm

I am not a believer that you have to move to Hermantown to be noticed. Sorry

Stay in school.
Stay in your school!


So Hermantown builds a D1 feeder like they have and continue to play at the lowest level possible for high school playoffs? Sounds like a free ride to the x to me. Maybe University of Minnesota should drop to D3 hockey so they can get their name in the paper and destroy competition. National c-chip every year!wont happen they have integrity! Hermantown AD not so much!
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

bardown27
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by bardown27 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:39 pm
I am not a believer that you have to move to Hermantown to be noticed. Sorry

Stay in school.
Stay in your school!


So Hermantown builds a D1 feeder like they have and continue to play at the lowest level possible for high school playoffs? Sounds like a free ride to the x to me. Maybe University of Minnesota should drop to D3 hockey so they can get their name in the paper and destroy competition. National c-chip every year!
If Hermantown were to move up to AA at the next cycle, would you stop whining and complaining about all the kids moving there to play hockey>

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Won’t have to worry about that! They don’t have the b......s to do it.

To answer the question, no. They will continue to kill A hockey as long as they take Ely best, Virginia best, Proctor best, etc. stay in school, stay in your school!
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:48 pm

bardown27 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:41 pm
Hunters1993 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:39 pm
I am not a believer that you have to move to Hermantown to be noticed. Sorry

Stay in school.
Stay in your school!


So Hermantown builds a D1 feeder like they have and continue to play at the lowest level possible for high school playoffs? Sounds like a free ride to the x to me. Maybe University of Minnesota should drop to D3 hockey so they can get their name in the paper and destroy competition. National c-chip every year!
If Hermantown were to move up to AA at the next cycle, would you stop whining and complaining about all the kids moving there to play hockey>
I’m not wining. I’m jealous that kids grow up in other youth programs dreaming of playing for Hermantown. It’s just a fact. Hermantown isn’t going anywhere. No reason too.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Jeffy95
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Jeffy95 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:57 pm

kniven wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:48 pm
bardown27 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:41 pm
Hunters1993 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:39 pm
I am not a believer that you have to move to Hermantown to be noticed. Sorry

Stay in school.
Stay in your school!


So Hermantown builds a D1 feeder like they have and continue to play at the lowest level possible for high school playoffs? Sounds like a free ride to the x to me. Maybe University of Minnesota should drop to D3 hockey so they can get their name in the paper and destroy competition. National c-chip every year!
If Hermantown were to move up to AA at the next cycle, would you stop whining and complaining about all the kids moving there to play hockey>
I’m not wining. I’m jealous that kids grow up in other youth programs dreaming of playing for Hermantown. It’s just a fact. Hermantown isn’t going anywhere. No reason too.
It’s not the kids Knivsey. It’s their parents.

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:59 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:57 pm
kniven wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:48 pm
bardown27 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:41 pm


If Hermantown were to move up to AA at the next cycle, would you stop whining and complaining about all the kids moving there to play hockey>
I’m not wining. I’m jealous that kids grow up in other youth programs dreaming of playing for Hermantown. It’s just a fact. Hermantown isn’t going anywhere. No reason too.
It’s not the kids Knivsey. It’s their parents.
Yes, you are correct. My bad.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Like I said the new slogan for high school hockey

Stay in school, no it’s stay in your school

You are proud that so many A class teams are dying off because they want to play for Hermantown? I would be proud too,
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Why go anywhere. Free ride to x at end of year. Have D1 team and play a D3 playoffs. Like I said maybe the University of Minnesota or Sat Cloyd should become D3. They could destroy competition and make c-chip game every year!
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

Hunters1993
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:36 pm

Stated by poster previously.

I’m not wining. I’m jealous that kids grow up in other youth programs dreaming of playing for Hermantown. It’s just a fact. Hermantown isn’t going anywhere. No reason too.


The misperception that Hermantown fans and others from other programs aren’t getting from this whole thing.

NONHERMANTOWN parents are not jealous of Hermantown hockey program!!!!!!!! They are not jealous of the youth programs, Not jealous of the coaching staff, not jealous of the kids that lose spots when the get to play Hermantown hockey. They see a free ride to the state tourney and a chance to play for a c-chip almost every year. Hermantown is just the old ugly donkey(Hawk) that these parents see as the transport to get them there. They see an all star team and are honored to be asked to play on this all star team and jump at the chance to play on an all star team all the way to the X.

I’ll tell you what they probably are jealous of. The kids who get to play their whole hockey career with the same kids. Jealous of those who get to have the same coaching program all the way through. Jealous of succeeding with the same kids. Not nessacarily making it to the x but improving together, going through losses together, winning rival games together, ending seasons and sharing sorrows together. That is what kids should be jealous of!

Stay in school or better yet stay in your school!
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

Post Reply