Scores: Saturday, November 25

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Teak

Scores: Saturday, November 25

Post by Teak »

Didn't see a thread for this so ...

Breck 6-0 Pine City Area in 3rd place game in the Marshall Tigers Thanksgiving Tournament.

Fargo Davies (ND) - Marshall next
Duluth_Topper

Post by Duluth_Topper »

Duluth Marshall 11 vs. Cambridge-Isanti 0. 62-6 shots.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Duluth_Topper wrote:Duluth Marshall 11 vs. Cambridge-Isanti 0. 62-6 shots.
Interesting. Is C-I that bad or will the Toppers be a legit factor in 7AA this season?
Teak

Post by Teak »

Fargo Davies 8-0 Marshall Final

Running time 3rd period. FD took their feet off the gas pedal. Maybe they want to get invited back next year.
kniven

Post by kniven »

rainier2 wrote:
Duluth_Topper wrote:Duluth Marshall 11 vs. Cambridge-Isanti 0. 62-6 shots.
Interesting. Is C-I that bad or will the Toppers be a legit factor in 7AA this season?
Both pretty much
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I was about to make several points about Saturday’s tournament games, but then I read Karl East blog which pretty well covered things, so I only will add a couple of thoughts

Maple grove goalie Ethan Haider turned back approximately 40 and 55 shots in 2 pressure filled games over the weekend. Crimson: give him more support!

Minnetonka showed character to come back from behind for an overtime win and to salvage a tie. Huge difference compared to if they had started the season 0–2. Jon Howe strong in goal Saturday nite

Carter Randklev May be the most exciting player in the state to watch this year. Metro fans – make sure you put MH on your schedule!
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Will Johnson played one heck of a game in goal Saturday night for Lakeville North, and they nearly pulled the upset on Minnetonka. Skippers tie the game with 7 seconds left, and the teams eventually skate to a 2-2 tie.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Ryguymn—good point , both goalies played well. Did Johnson come up thru LVN system?
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

WestMetro wrote:Ryguymn—good point , both goalies played well. Did Johnson come up thru LVN system?
Yes, that is correct. He had competed in the Bantam Elite League as well. I like the fight in North so far in their two games. Certainly did not play like the doormat to the other three teams in The Opener tourney. They played a competitive game, despite the loss, against Moorhead and gave it their all against Minnetonka. However, North went into a prevent defense in the last two minutes in the 3rd and were just trying to hang on. The Skippers could sense the blood in the water, and had offensive help with an extra attacker by pulling the goalie.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy