3A 2017-2018

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Thegoldenjet wrote:That’s a lot of beauracratic opine though. Any solid recaps? New Ulm and Hutch must have been tight. Redwood must have put up a real fight. Windom didn’t just lay down, at least early in Litch? And Luverne played the 1 seed against Willmar...
Hutch out-shot New Ulm badly (42-18). Couldn't tell you about Marshall game.

How many ziggy zacki's did the new ulm fans rip off during this heated playoff battle?

Still moonwalking in the the land of the Lord.

Tony breathing a sigh of relief that her beloved Cardinals don't have to face New Ulm....
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Hutch out-shot New Ulm badly (42-18). Couldn't tell you about Marshall game.

How many ziggy zacki's did the new ulm fans rip off during this heated playoff battle?

Tony breathing a sigh of relief that her beloved Cardinals don't have to face New Ulm....

Lol
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Hutch out-shot New Ulm badly (42-18). Couldn't tell you about Marshall game.

I saw New Ulm play in Luverne and was hoping they were the matchup. new ulm was not good this year.
better late

Post by better late »

3A misses not tonight and whiner33! Just not the same without them!
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

I heard a rumor GAC stuffed the Hutchinson side programs with an insert of a map of SW MN for the downright confused tiger fans. Yes, Luverne is a city in MN with a real life, operational Ice Arena. BMIA even has a Zamboni. Somebody will have to confirm this for me later.
hawkeyguy2

Post by hawkeyguy2 »

notTONIGHT wrote:I heard a rumor GAC stuffed the Hutchinson side programs with an insert of a map of SW MN for the downright confused tiger fans. Yes, Luverne is a city in MN with a real life, operational Ice Arena. BMIA even has a Zamboni. Somebody will have to confirm this for me later.
Confirmed but I think they are still working on getting a Life.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Hey Hutch hows that Wright county conference schedule working out for ya over the last half decade or so? ](*,)
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

notTONIGHT wrote:I heard a rumor GAC stuffed the Hutchinson side programs with an insert of a map of SW MN for the downright confused tiger fans. Yes, Luverne is a city in MN with a real life, operational Ice Arena. BMIA even has a Zamboni. Somebody will have to confirm this for me later.
There's even an outdoor rink too!
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Cards 8-1 win tonight! Run time to the X!
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:Cards 8-1 win tonight! Run time to the X!
Holy cow look who has re-appeared from the deep abyss!

Cardinals punch their ticket to the X tonight with a 5-3 victory.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

You 3A boys are a riot up in here :lol:
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

Can't say that LDC Krused to victory, but Luverne is Gonnerman.

Perhaps, if the Cardinals played in a Harder conference like the Wright County, the result would have been different.

Luverne fans, don't fret and go away like a bunch of Crabtrees. Just go have a few Beers to drown your sorrows.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Corn Cobb wrote:Can't say that LDC Krused to victory, but Luverne is Gonnerman.

Perhaps, if the Cardinals played in a Harder conference like the Wright County, the result would have been different.

Luverne fans, don't fret and go away like a bunch of Crabtrees. Just go have a few Beers to drown your sorrows.
Cute
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Man that rink really does not like Luverne. Excellent back and fourth hockey game.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Cards shot everything from the top of the face-off circles, but nearly every shot was easily seen by the young Dragon goalie or missed the net completely. Can remember maybe 1-2 scrums in front of the net where the Dragon goalie had to freeze the puck and that's it. Some fancy moves by the Cardinals but never really materialized to anything. LDC drove the net hard and was rewarded for it. Tofetland was good but Luverne's D looked soft compared to the dragon physical play. I'd have to say it was probably clear to most that the officiating worked big time in the Cardinals favor, but LDC fought through it. Cardinal PP was sloppy with the one exception on their only goal.

I'd have to say #4 for LDC was the best player on the ice, Kruse showed great hands all game but he really needs to move the puck more, he had people draped around him all night. Sad to see that group of seniors go out without a final trip to state, really talented group of forwards in Harder, Beers and Kruse especially. Best of luck to the seniors hanging up the Cardinal jersey for possibly another one at the next level. I think there are several that have the talent.
Thegoldenjet

Post by Thegoldenjet »

I wasn't there tonight, but I did think, from a strictly hockey standpoint, LDC had the wheels to put Luverne on their heels. Wright Co. jokes aside, they are at the level of physical ability, speed and strength, where that schedule can and does benefit them. They are capable of improving even through some adversity, as opposed to just getting pumped and hoping to play drag em down hockey. They have learned to play with relatively high skill at a faster pace than most in 3A, especially the Big South schedule (side note credit to Waseca and MN River for at least doing their part to improve those 4 games).

I've been on a knee ever since notTONIGHT told me not to but I did and got stuck.

The Luverne story could be a good one, and still is in a lot of ways.

As the talent and top to bottom skill, since the undefeated year (hands down best team to ever come out of here, in so many ways, by a rare mix of talent and secondary talent with drive to be good and contribute) the culture has only been more exposed for the Jr. B, slough foot, wind up elbow mixed with WWE and a dose of reality TV antics that it is.

And it just makes it impossible to root for them, and nearly as impossible not to root against them. It honestly does make me sad that I can feel so emotionally against a group of kids, because bless their hearts they come by it honestly. They have been emboldened by this chip on the shoulder culture of their folks in the stands. Since they were mites at a jamboree, they've been taught that every single ref to ever blow a whistle was out to get them. Maybe that's the cost, but I ain't paying it and if you are you can have it.

And here tonight, again, keeping eerily consistent with the every other year cycle, karma has come again to remind us that, a lot of things matter, but not being a sht head, whether you're winning or losing, is an important lesson.

That said, I haven't lost all hope for Luverne, or respect for some parts and the sum of certain parts which have led to some significant success and accomplishments. I do think Phil is a good man and I wish the best for him and the team.

Good on ya LDC, represent us well.

Keep your stick on the ice.
danglesnipecelly13

Post by danglesnipecelly13 »

Corn Cobb wrote:Can't say that LDC Krused to victory, but Luverne is Gonnerman.

This is brilliant