Coaching Changes - 2017-18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

That would mean he applied for the job then wouldn't it? So Cloquet wouldn't be "trying" to hire him.

You need to get a basic idea of high school sports before you post idiotic crap you edit 11 times.

More and more Sats like with every post......minus the name calling.....
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

goldy313 wrote:That would mean he applied for the job then wouldn't it? So Cloquet wouldn't be "trying" to hire him.

You need to get a basic idea of high school sports before you post idiotic crap you edit 11 times.

Please excuse me, I hit the wrong button several times on the edit, kind of new here forgive me oh great one. I heard thru the grapevine that the job is Smalleys, thats all, and because I have not played or coached does not mean I cannot be a fan
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

SpOilerfan wrote:
goldy313 wrote:That would mean he applied for the job then wouldn't it? So Cloquet wouldn't be "trying" to hire him.

Please excuse me, I hit the wrong button several times on the edit, kind of new here forgive me oh great one. I heard thru the grapevine that the job is Smalleys, thats all, and because I have not played or coached does not mean I cannot be a fan
^^^That's pretty obvious^^^^^^
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Be a fan, we love to have fans.....minus Hill Murray fans of course😆

Think before you hit submit, learn something.....this isn't the NCAA, school districts have rules about who and how they hire. That can be subverted by a school board or an AD with an agenda of course as us old timers see too often.

These are minors, alteriave motives abound.

Edit..... it is hard to excuse you, I saw your first post, it was ignorant.
Since you brought it up....

It is news when a high school coach resigns anywhere outside the Star Tribune area, any local paper covers it. It isn't unique to 7AA or to hockey. Front page news in Rochester paper Saturday was the resignation of the Caledonia basketball coach, Caledonia is a 75 minute drive Rochester. Pick up or read a newspaper sometime.

Make a name like Jamie Langenbrunner a coach and it is news, same with Curt Giles, Sjon Podien, Wes Walz, Phil Housley, or any other former NHL'er

Most assistant coaches are paid, too say anything different.....

You didn't hit a wrong button, at least the first time.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

goldy313 wrote:Be a fan, we love to have fans.....minus Hill Murray fans of course😆

Think before you hit submit, learn something.....this isn't the NCAA, school districts have rules about who and how they hire. That can be subverted by a school board or an AD with an agenda of course as us old timers see too often.

It is news when a high school coach resigns anywhere outside the Star Tribune area, any local paper covers it. It isn't unique to 7AA or to

hockey. Front page news in Rochester paper Saturday was the resignation of the Caledonia basketball coach, Caledonia is a 75 minute drive Rochester. Pick up or read a newspaper sometime.

Make a name like Jamie Langenbrunner a coach and it is news, same with Curt Giles, Sjon Podien, Wes Walz, Phil Housley, or any other former NHL'er

Thank you! No motive just a big h.s. hockey fan, when i hear a rumor like the Smalley one I posted
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ttt
BP

Post by BP »

Jesse Willis named head coach at Chanhassen.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

SpOilerfan wrote:
goldy313 wrote:Be a fan, we love to have fans.....minus Hill Murray fans of course😆

It is news when a high school coach resigns anywhere outside the Star Tribune area, any local paper covers it. It isn't unique to 7AA or to

hockey. Front page news in Rochester paper Saturday was the resignation of the Caledonia basketball coach, Caledonia is a 75 minute drive Rochester. Pick up or read a newspaper sometime.

Thank you! No motive just a big h.s. hockey fan, when i hear a rumor like the Smalley one I posted
And the rumor is Smalley and Corey Millen, Cory now has his degree and has a lot of ties in Cloquet, this would be a homerun hire in a lot of minds, the greatest player to ever come out of Cloquet behind the bench for the jACKS
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

SpOilerfan wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:

And the rumor is Smalley and Corey Millen, Cory now has his degree and has a lot of ties in Cloquet, this would be a homerun hire in a lot of minds, the greatest player to ever come out of Cloquet behind the bench for the jACKS
What does the degree have to do with coaching in HS?
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

mulefarm wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote: Thank you! No motive just a big h.s. hockey fan, when i hear a rumor like the Smalley one I posted
What does the degree have to do with coaching in HS?
He went back to Minnesota as a grad assistant to complete his schooling, now he wants to be a head coach again
jacks85

Post by jacks85 »

Spoiler - Millen went back to school to finish his degree to be a college coach. Not HS.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

jacks85 wrote:Spoiler - Millen went back to school to finish his degree to be a college coach. Not HS.
Agreed, but the Minnesota assistant job just got filled, and there are not many college openings why not take a high school job with great potential and help your resume, meanwhile coach in your hometown, he won an NAHL there, why not lead the Cloquet program back to promise
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

jacks85 wrote:Spoiler - Millen went back to school to finish his degree to be a college coach. Not HS.
Let's be honest, could it be any worse? Let's go Millen!! Would be a shot in the arm for that program
kniven

Post by kniven »

Upfan111 wrote:
Let's be honest, could it be any worse? Let's go Millen!! Would be a shot in the arm for that program
The talent all by itself coming through that program to high school hockey the next 4 years is deep and talent galore. What coach/coaches that get the opportunity to lead these boys is very interesting. Whomever gets to coach this team/program the next 4 years.......pressure to bring CEC their first state championship. Exciting indeed! Duluth East / Lumberjack rivalry will step up 100 notches the next 4 years :). Good stuff :))))))
jacks85

Post by jacks85 »

SpOilerfan wrote:
Agreed, but the Minnesota assistant job just got filled, and there are not many college openings why not take a high school job with great potential and help your resume, meanwhile coach in your hometown, he won an NAHL there, why not lead the Cloquet program back to promise
Because coaching high school hockey doesn't pay the bills. Exactly why he got out of coaching in the NAHL to finish his degree.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

jacks85 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
Because coaching high school hockey doesn't pay the bills. Exactly why he got out of coaching in the NAHL to finish his degree.
Not gonna argue with you, just said he would be a great high school coach in his hometown, homerun hire, and he has interest, run and gun type coach not the boring defensive hockey they have played for 50 years
kniven

Post by kniven »

SpOilerfan wrote:
jacks85 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote: Agreed, but the Minnesota assistant job just got filled, and there are not many college openings why not take a high school job with great potential and help your resume, meanwhile coach in your hometown, he won an NAHL there, why not lead the Cloquet program back to promise
Not gonna argue with you, just said he would be a great high school coach in his hometown, homerun hire, and he has interest, run and gun type coach not the boring defensive hockey they have played for 50 years

That's a lot of boring hockey. 50 years worth.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

kniven wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:
The talent all by itself coming through that program to high school hockey the next 4 years is deep and talent galore. What coach/coaches that get the opportunity to lead these boys is very interesting. Whomever gets to coach this team/program the next 4 years.......pressure to bring CEC their first state championship. Exciting indeed! Duluth East / Lumberjack rivalry will step up 100 notches the next 4 years :). Good stuff :))))))
Hey Knieven, I see the Elks scrimmage Cloquet Saturday any idea who is coaching Cloquet?? Smalley, Millen??
kniven

Post by kniven »

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Upfan111 wrote: Let's be honest, could it be any worse? Let's go Millen!! Would be a shot in the arm for that program
Hey Knieven, I see the Elks scrimmage Cloquet Saturday any idea who is coaching Cloquet?? Smalley, Millen??
I haven't heard zip. Seems way to early for any kind of scrimmage. Last 5 years anyway.....
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote: The talent all by itself coming through that program to high school hockey the next 4 years is deep and talent galore. What coach/coaches that get the opportunity to lead these boys is very interesting. Whomever gets to coach this team/program the next 4 years.......pressure to bring CEC their first state championship. Exciting indeed! Duluth East / Lumberjack rivalry will step up 100 notches the next 4 years :). Good stuff :))))))
I haven't heard zip. Seems way to early for any kind of scrimmage. Last 5 years anyway.....
I know Elk River to Cloquet Saturday, not sure who else
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

Could Langenbrunner get behind the bench? What if he and Millen team up? Wow, that would be awesome!!! Top two players to come out of that town coaching together, that would be amazing.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Rocketwrister wrote:Could Langenbrunner get behind the bench? What if he and Millen team up? Wow, that would be awesome!!! Top two players to come out of that town coaching together, that would be amazing.
Anything is possible. CEC will put together a coaching staff that is best for the kids.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

kniven wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:Could Langenbrunner get behind the bench? What if he and Millen team up? Wow, that would be awesome!!! Top two players to come out of that town coaching together, that would be amazing.
Anything is possible. CEC will put together a coaching staff that is best for the kids.
Any chance you video?? I cannot get up there, take a shot of the bench please,
kniven

Post by kniven »

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Any chance you video?? I cannot get up there, take a shot of the bench please,
Im out of the loop now going forward. Just a high school hockey fan now. I have no more "ins" with the program with a new regime taking over.