MAML vs Hermantown

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Single A champs?

Hermantown
67%
MAML
33%

Total votes: 9

kniven

Post by kniven »

kpryan88 wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:
kpryan88 wrote: Well, looks like there won't be another power play in this game...
Oh really?
Did not see that coming... that didn't look as bad as the hit they let go... maybe it was
Do you believe in miracles?
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

I wonder what the State Tournament record is for shots on goal during the course of the tourney? Hermantown must have about 150 shots or so over the three games, and they've gone to OT in all of them...that's unreal.
kniven

Post by kniven »

jeffpv wrote:I wonder what the State Tournament record is for shots on goal during the course of the tourney? Hermantown must have about 150 shots or so over the three games, and they've gone to OT in all of them...that's unreal.
It is unreal!
kniven

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote:
jeffpv wrote:I wonder what the State Tournament record is for shots on goal during the course of the tourney? Hermantown must have about 150 shots or so over the three games, and they've gone to OT in all of them...that's unreal.
It is unreal!
Hawks will score winning goal short handed five on three. Watkins.
defense

Post by defense »

This is an interesting theory, one that I thought I was alone in considering. If you were so damn good that no one could touch you how would you make it better?? By purposely going to to OT in all of your state tourney games. Why not?? Look at the shots, certainly they add evidence to this.
kniven

Post by kniven »

defense wrote:This is an interesting theory, one that I thought I was alone in considering. If you were so damn good that no one could touch you how would you make it better?? By purposely going to to OT in all of your state tourney games. Why not?? Look at the shots, certainly they add evidence to this.
Exactly right. Winning goal will be something special. Like the winning goal yesterday. Tic tac toe right in front of the goal. It looked like play time with the kiddies......
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

This whole second overtime looks like a powerplay for H-town.
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

kniven wrote:
kniven wrote:
It is unreal!
Well, it wasn't 5 on 3, but you had Watkins. Good call!
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Sweet lord baby Jesus
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

CALLED OFF...WOW
Holy crap, this Class A tournament is never going to end.

C'mon MAML!
paulsonj72

Post by paulsonj72 »

jeffpv wrote:
kniven wrote:
kniven wrote: It is unreal!
Well, it wasn't 5 on 3, but you had Watkins. Good call!
Wave it off. Contact on the M/A/ML goalie before the puck entered the net. We keep playing tied at 3-3
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

This is unreal.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Wow!
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Congrats to Hermantown for beating Luverne, St. Cloud, and Monticello. Sheesh.
hermantown2000

Post by hermantown2000 »

I don't think I have ever seen as crazy of state title game like today. A state championship goal being wiped out but the same team scores again to win. One of the greatest chammpioship games ever.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Slammer wrote:Congrats to Hermantown for beating Luverne, St. Cloud, and Monticello. Sheesh.
Using page2stat Hermantown's road to the title.....
#105 Denfeld
#79 Virginia
#48 Greenway
#71 Luverne
#32 Cathedral
#67 Monticello

By comparison....
Grand Rapids:
#34 Andover
#9 Elk River
#16 Duluth East
# 12 Maple Grove
#1 Eden Prairie
#7 Moorhead

Or Moorhead:
#49 Rogers
#29 Brainerd
#30 Roseau
#8 Hill Murray
#18 Lakeville South
#13 Grand Rapids

Yet I am sure we here the cry for a +1 game to decide a true champion :roll:
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

I was cheering for MAML, but I don't understand the obsession with Hermantown. Yes, they are a dynasty, and yes, they should probably move up, but perhaps they are doing their part to improve Class A hockey. Look at this tournament, for instance. While they were more talented than all the teams they played, they realistically could have lost all three of their games. They did outshoot all their opponents by substantial margins, but these weren't 7-1 games all the way through as many on here feared/predicted.
These are high school kids who have no control over which class they play in. I think it is rather petty to chastise them for competing against whomever they are faced off against.
So, if they don't move up to AA, Hermantown will represent a target for all the other A teams to try and reach, and one day they will if this year is any indication. That can be good for Class A hockey.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Congrats to the MAML players on a nice run.

It sure would be great if we could see Hermantown play the AA winner tomorrow night! Next year?
kniven

Post by kniven »

Slammer wrote:Congrats to Hermantown for beating Luverne, St. Cloud, and Monticello. Sheesh.
Agreed. Congratulations to Bruce Plante and the Hermantown Hawks :). #218puck
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Congratulations Cards, SCC, and MAML on well played games. Herm eh.
nahc

Post by nahc »

Hermantown earned the respect of the hockey community this weekend by winning 3 games in overtime after being down 2-3 goals in a couple of these games. A true heart of a champion......!!
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

nahc wrote:Hermantown earned the respect of the hockey community this weekend by winning 3 games in overtime after being down 2-3 goals in a couple of these games. A true heart of a champion......!!
I really hope this is sarcasm