Luverne at Redwood Falls

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Luverne
88%
Redwood Falls
13%

Total votes: 8

elliott70

Luverne at Redwood Falls

Post by elliott70 »

Who wins?
GoldyGopher

Re: Luverne at Redwood Falls

Post by GoldyGopher »

elliott70 wrote:Who wins?
If Luverne can score early they may score often. I anticipate Redwood has a much better offensive showing against Luverne then they did in the first meeting.

My prediction-

Luverne: 7
Redwood Valley: 5
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
BP

Post by BP »

6-3 Luverne.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Are we talking the same Redwood that got pounded by Ely and ripped a new one by North Shore? Even Mora only lost by one to this team!!

Luverne should win by a minimum of five... Unless they've fallen that drastically.

:shock:
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:Are we talking the same Redwood that got pounded by Ely and ripped a new one by North Shore? Even Mora only lost by one to this team!!

Luverne should win by a minimum of five... Unless they've fallen that drastically.

It's the same team as much as Princeton is the same team as the one that got pounded 10-0 by Rogers. Teams have bad games, Princeton certainly isn't a 10 goal under dog to Rogers and Luverne isn't a 5 goal favorite over Redwood in my opinion. (This year)

For these teams in the south to go north and play against teams up there is a different transition. Much more physical game to acclimate to.

Redwood will score goals at home. Could absolutely win if they get decent goal tending.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

GoldyGopher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Are we talking the same Redwood that got pounded by Ely and ripped a new one by North Shore? Even Mora only lost by one to this team!!

It's the same team as much as Princeton is the same team as the one that got pounded 10-0 by Rogers. Teams have bad games, Princeton certainly isn't a 10 goal under dog to Rogers and Luverne isn't a 5 goal favorite over Redwood in my opinion. (This year)

For these teams in the south to go north and play against teams up there is a different transition. Much more physical game to acclimate to.

Redwood will score goals at home. Could absolutely win if they get decent goal tending.
Rogers and North Shore/Ely are worlds apart in talent.

:lol:
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:

Absolutely they are, you completely looked right past my point though. Teams have bad games and I was using that example for your team having a horrible game. It happens so I wouldn't judge RV on the couple games they played over the holiday season.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

GoldyGopher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: It's the same team as much as Princeton is the same team as the one that got pounded 10-0 by Rogers. Teams have bad games, Princeton certainly isn't a 10 goal under dog to Rogers and Luverne isn't a 5 goal favorite over Redwood in my opinion. (This year)

Absolutely they are, you completely looked right past my point though. Teams have bad games and I was using that example for your team having a horrible game. It happens so I wouldn't judge RV on the couple games they played over the holiday season.
We can definitely form an opinion after those three games.. Weak!!!!
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: Rogers and North Shore/Ely are worlds apart in talent.

Amen!
formersection3Afan

Post by formersection3Afan »

Whiner33 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Absolutely they are, you completely looked right past my point though. Teams have bad games and I was using that example for your team having a horrible game. It happens so I wouldn't judge RV on the couple games they played over the holiday season.
Amen!
Luverne will come out on top #Foundation in place
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Absolutely they are, you completely looked right past my point though. Teams have bad games and I was using that example for your team having a horrible game. It happens so I wouldn't judge RV on the couple games they played over the holiday season.
Amen!
You want an opinion on Luverne? Reference the game on 1/5/16 in your own arena.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: We can definitely form an opinion after those three games.. Weak!!!!
Amen!
I assume you mean 1/5/17?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

bardown27 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote: Amen!
I assume you mean 1/5/17?
Ha, yeah. That year change is hard to get used to. I'm definitely not referring to the 14-0 victory over Fairmont that happened 1/5/16.
TrojanHockeyFan

Post by TrojanHockeyFan »

My prediction:

Luverne 6
RV 5

In OT.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

TrojanHockeyFan wrote:
My prediction:

Luverne 6
RV 5

In OT.
6-0 Luverne right now
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Time for the extra point in the third? Joe has to be getting anxious to pull the goalie? The poor kid......
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Like I said...

You nailed, Luverne nailed it...

They should be the #1 seed, if they don't choke they should be back at the X.

Now what about Princeton and Monticello. (Should we throw Pine City and North Branch in there, too?)
formersection3Afan

Post by formersection3Afan »

Whiner33 wrote:Time for the extra point in the third? Joe has to be getting anxious to pull the goalie? The poor kid......
Good to see things coming together... #foundation-in-place
BP

Post by BP »

elliott70 wrote:Like I said...

Now what about Princeton and Monticello. (Should we throw Pine City and North Branch in there, too?)
Actually - Chisago Lakes beat Princeton and Monticello, so they should be the 1 seed at this point.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

BP wrote:

Actually - Chisago Lakes beat Princeton and Monticello, so they should be the 1 seed at this point.
Over looked them completely...
No matter the seeding the section tourney should be good.

After that, not so good, but a chance to play at the X is a good start for any program.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Section 5A top 5

1 Chisago Lakes 8-8-0 against top five (ATF) 3-0-0
2 Princeton 7-5-1 ATF 3-2
3 Monticello 10-5-0 ATF 2-2
4 North Branch 7-6-1 ATF 1-2
5 Pine City 12-6-0 ATF 0-3
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

elliott70 wrote:
BP wrote:

Over looked them completely...
No matter the seeding the section tourney should be good.

After that, not so good, but a chance to play at the X is a good start for any program.
Yeah, I knew if Luverne got on them early it was going to be troublesome. Luverne and Monticello was more low scoring then I thought it would be but Princeton didn't have hardly any shots on goal. Zwack is pretty good.

I like Monticello to get to the X this year in 5A. I just don't see Chisago being the team this year, should have a better idea in the next few weeks as they have some matchups with teams MAML has played recently and then a matchup with MAML 2/2. CL did get rocked by Buffalo and STMA it's last 2 games.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

GoldyGopher wrote:
If Luverne can score early they may score often. I anticipate Redwood has a much better offensive showing against Luverne then they did in the first meeting.

My prediction-

Is this the 5A thread now?

What happened to your Redwood prediction?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:

My prediction-

Morphed into 5A, but set up a new thread for that...
my prediction was Luverne.

I think Goldy answered ...
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:

My prediction-

My prediction of Luverne scoring 7 goals and winning was spot on. Just got the Redwood scoring goals portion wrong. I'll move over to 5A.