Section 3A 2016-2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

fastncrash wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Non-Northerners will never understand the North. :wink:

And this Northerner (or, at least, I thought I was one until I read a moment ago that urbanity somehow disqualifies Northernness) is thoroughly entertained by the 3A thread. If the final weren't 17 hours away in some barn in Iowa, I'd even consider attending!
Considering the MAJORITY of the TOP SHELF HS aged talent in the Country plays in IOWA, or very close... maybe you should consider venturing out of the Roost a bit? Might be good for you?
Once again, sarcasm is a lost art on the message board.
gitter

Post by gitter »

karl(east) wrote:
fastncrash wrote:

And this Northerner (or, at least, I thought I was one until I read a moment ago that urbanity somehow disqualifies Northernness) is thoroughly entertained by the 3A thread. If the final weren't 17 hours away in some barn in Iowa, I'd even consider attending!
Considering the MAJORITY of the TOP SHELF HS aged talent in the Country plays in IOWA, or very close... maybe you should consider venturing out of the Roost a bit? Might be good for you?
I didn't know Eden Prairie was that close to Iowa.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:Marshall must know how to shut down BS just like Luverne does. Does he have a point in four games against either team this year? Folks this is no bs either.
Probably not, different RV teams offensive wise then they were in the previous 4 meetings. He could have zero points in tonight's game as well, I'm simply stating that a certain player has returned who is good at what he does and it should by all means help BS get more space, or create more chances for this player.

Be interesting to see how RV responds after the previous 2 match-ups.
Goldy is this kid a 7-8 goal difference maker? Just curious
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

karl(east) wrote:
fastncrash wrote:

Not so lost of an art as not checking your PM's.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:Marshall must know how to shut down BS just like Luverne does. Does he have a point in four games against either team this year? Folks this is no bs either.
Probably not, different RV teams offensive wise then they were in the previous 4 meetings. He could have zero points in tonight's game as well, I'm simply stating that a certain player has returned who is good at what he does and it should by all means help BS get more space, or create more chances for this player.

Be interesting to see how RV responds after the previous 2 match-ups.
Goldy is this kid a 7-8 goal difference maker? Just curious
Point proven, definitely not. But that's irrelevant. First match LDC won 9-3. Stuff changes any given night and having him back will change how RV attacks somewhat. Like I said, it may not change the final score a bit. But it's definitely something that could.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Full disclosure, I have no idea who you're talking about. The matchup's earlier this year were a combined total of 18-2. Is this the second coming of Aaron Ness on the blue line for RV? I expect BS to get his, but enough to put a dent in the lopsided results? I guess time will tell. Should know by about 11:15 tonight.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

notTONIGHT wrote:Full disclosure, I have no idea who you're talking about. The matchup's earlier this year were a combined total of 18-2. Is this the second coming of Aaron Ness on the blue line for RV? I expect BS to get his, but enough to put a dent in the lopsided results? I guess time will tell. Should know by about 11:15 tonight.
See above. But no, definitely no Aaron Ness. And as stated above multiple times, certainly might not change the scores at all. Weird stuff happens at GAC though.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

karl(east) wrote:
fastncrash wrote:

I didn't take it as sarcasm because the statement is true. There are 5 USHL teams located in Iowa with two more on the border in Omaha and Sioux Falls. So yeah, you can find the best collection of HS aged talent in the country down in Iowa.

Or maybe you meant it sarcastically. Anyway, I am confused.

Roll Cards Roll? Is that how I am supposed to end a post in the 3A thread?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

SCBlueLiner wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
fastncrash wrote: Considering the MAJORITY of the TOP SHELF HS aged talent in the Country plays in IOWA, or very close... maybe you should consider venturing out of the Roost a bit? Might be good for you?
I didn't take it as sarcasm because the statement is true. There are 5 USHL teams located in Iowa with two more on the border in Omaha and Sioux Falls. So yeah, you can find the best collection of HS aged talent in the country down in Iowa.

Or maybe you meant it sarcastically. Anyway, I am confused.

That's how half of them do.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Easy recipe for success
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Easy recipe for success
Tell the defending 3A champs that.
rollCARDSroll

Post by rollCARDSroll »

SCBlueLiner wrote:

You rang??
Hockeyislife09

Post by Hockeyislife09 »

Few hours away till puck drop!!!!

For the first game I'll take Nottonights cards by 3 at the least. I personally think this is the year Luverne gets over the hump at GAC. But weird things happen. It's gonna be a hard fought game on both sides but I think if Luverne scores early it might be a snowball effect on the Tigers.

6 to 2 final score prediction and the cards go to the section final for the 4th year in a row
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Kaden Ericson was in net against Windom and will be again tonight against Hutch. Should be a fun night.
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

rollCARDSroll wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:

You rang??
Mr. Innocent has arrived.

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

This is the weakest this section has been since Monica discovered what was under Bill's desk! Hillary 2016 do you agree?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:This is the weakest this section has been since Monica discovered what was under Bill's desk! Hillary 2016 do you agree?
I think it's a down year for many sections this year in class A.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Whiner33 wrote:This is the weakest this section has been since Monica discovered what was under Bill's desk! Hillary 2016 do you agree?
Agree! Redwood smoked by Ely and Mora... That is some hilarious stuff!!

Bad deal if Marshall doesn't beat them by 6..
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Agree! Redwood smoked by Ely and Mora... That is some hilarious stuff!!

Bad deal if Marshall doesn't beat them by 6..
Lol, you're so bitter about Princeton losing and I just love it.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Less than an hour
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

notTONIGHT wrote: Less than an hour
You make the trek
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote: Less than an hour
You make the trek
I did not
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

0-0 after 1.

I counted 9 shot attempts from Luverne that were high or wide.

Luverne Earned a powerplay towards the end of the period that was negated by an offensive zone infraction to send it to 4 on 4. Head scratcher there.

This is shaping up as one of those games where you think the floodgates will open but sometimes they don't.

Hats off to Hutch for a great period.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Hutch scores fist, Luverne answers 1 minute later......1-1

The music at every stoppage is annoying.....
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Luverne goes up 2-1 with less than a minute to go in the 2nd.

Hutch goalie stood tall the last 7 minutes of the period.