Section 3A 2016-2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Early but 7 minutes in to the game at Redwood and Redwood is leading New Ulm 3-0
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

GoldyGopher wrote:Early but 7 minutes in to the game at Redwood and Redwood is leading New Ulm 3-0
You checked the score lately?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:Early but 7 minutes in to the game at Redwood and Redwood is leading New Ulm 3-0
Yeah, 7-6 Redwood won.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Yeah, 7-6 Redwood won.
Nice win goldy!
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote: You checked the score lately?
Yeah, 7-6 Redwood won.
Nice win goldy!
Got a little dicey. Redwood had to kill off a major penalty when they were tied. Sommers got the puck in front of the net and scored his 4th with around 2 minutes left. Entertaining game.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Yeah, 7-6 Redwood won.
Nice win goldy!
Got a little dicey. Redwood had to kill off a major penalty when they were tied. Sommers got the puck in front of the net and scored his 4th with around 2 minutes left. Entertaining game.
You go? What were shots?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote: Nice win goldy!

You go? What were shots?
Yeah, I had heard 31-18 in favor of New Ulm. Seemed like they may have been a little more in favor of New Ulm than that number even. Rough second period I think Redwood only had 3 shots.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Yeah, 7-6 Redwood won.
Nice win goldy!
Strange. Didn't LDC have a major penalty at the end of the game; not as successful killing it off.
Kinda_Normal_Tendy

Post by Kinda_Normal_Tendy »

GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Got a little dicey. Redwood had to kill off a major penalty when they were tied. Sommers got the puck in front of the net and scored his 4th with around 2 minutes left. Entertaining game.

You go? What were shots?
Yeah, I had heard 31-18 in favor of New Ulm. Seemed like they may have been a little more in favor of New Ulm than that number even. Rough second period I think Redwood only had 3 shots.
7 on 18? If you were there I would love to hear how that happens... rough night for the young tendy? He was impressive in their first few games
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Kinda_Normal_Tendy wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
You go? What were shots?
7 on 18? If you were there I would love to hear how that happens... rough night for the young tendy? He was impressive in their first few games
Well the simple answer would be a sophomore goalie facing Sommers for the first time maybe. He had 4 goals by himself and has a deadly shot. He did let in a couple soft ones towards the beginning of the game, though.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Goldy what's going on with bigwood tonight?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:Goldy what's going on with bigwood tonight?
Exactly what I said in the other thread in the Class A poll. Team A beats team B, team B beats team C, and team A loses to team C. I didn't expect anything different to happen tonight with the exception being I thought it would have been closer. Just the way the section has gone so far this year. She's wide open.

I wasn't in attendance so I can not comment nor speculate on how the score ended up 8-1.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Any idea when Luverne and SPA is getting rescheduled for? Or are they just not rescheduling?
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

GoldyGopher wrote:Any idea when Luverne and SPA is getting rescheduled for? Or are they just not rescheduling?
From what I've heard both teams would like to reschedule but a date has not yet been set.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:Any idea when Luverne and SPA is getting rescheduled for? Or are they just not rescheduling?
From what I've heard both teams would like to reschedule but a date has not yet been set.
Were you up at Woog Arena for Luverne and Woodbury by chance? Saw they were winning going into the 3rd period but ended up losing by 2. That would have been an impressive win on the schedule.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

GoldyGopher wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
Were you up at Woog Arena for Luverne and Woodbury by chance? Saw they were winning going into the 3rd period but ended up losing by 2. That would have been an impressive win on the schedule.
Was not. I heard the 3rd period wasn't pretty.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote: From what I've heard both teams would like to reschedule but a date has not yet been set.
Woodbury has had some impressive wins this year. Hopkins (1-0 Luverne after 1) today should be interesting. They have been shut out 7 times this year, but they have played some excellent teams. Probably would be a good game to be at. Do we know if the town is closed down Friday night lights style so everyone could head up and watch.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

GoldyGopher wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Were you up at Woog Arena for Luverne and Woodbury by chance? Saw they were winning going into the 3rd period but ended up losing by 2. That would have been an impressive win on the schedule.
Woodbury has had some impressive wins this year. Hopkins (1-0 Luverne after 1) today should be interesting. They have been shut out 7 times this year, but they have played some excellent teams. Probably would be a good game to be at. Do we know if the town is closed down Friday night lights style so everyone could head up and watch.
A guy is live streaming the game on Facebook. Can watch from the comfort of work. :D
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote: Was not. I heard the 3rd period wasn't pretty.
A guy is live streaming the game on Facebook. Can watch from the comfort of work. :D
Still 1-0?
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

GoldyGopher wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Woodbury has had some impressive wins this year. Hopkins (1-0 Luverne after 1) today should be interesting. They have been shut out 7 times this year, but they have played some excellent teams. Probably would be a good game to be at. Do we know if the town is closed down Friday night lights style so everyone could head up and watch.
Still 1-0?
Luverne just scored again. 2-0 with 13:23 remaining in the 3rd.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote: A guy is live streaming the game on Facebook. Can watch from the comfort of work. :D
Still 1-0?
3-0 Luverne. PP goal with 6:52 remaining.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Still 1-0?
3-0 Luverne. PP goal with 6:52 remaining.
Luverne adds another PP goal. Final: Luverne 4 - Hopkins 0
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Redwood (5-4 Mora-Milaca) and Luverne (4-0 Hopkins) are the section winners tonight. New Ulm (3-2 Greenway), Litch (7-1 Fergus Falls) and Morris-Benson (8-1 Prairie Center) are the losers tonight.

Worth noting New Ulm was winning 2-0 half way through period 2. Glaring issue of being able to hang on to leads this year, but definitely a step in the right direction tonight playing a close game. Greenway is a solid team.
rainier

Post by rainier »

According to the Hub, New Ulm beats Virginia 3-0, but got outshot 64-30!

Can anyone confirm that Raymond stopped 64 shots today? If so, that's insane.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
Kinda_Normal_Tendy

Post by Kinda_Normal_Tendy »

rainier wrote:According to the Hub, New Ulm beats Virginia 3-0, but got outshot 64-30!

Can anyone confirm that Raymond stopped 64 shots today? If so, that's insane.
I can confirm that new ulm did come out on top today in Virginia and that Raymond played very well making it look easy in his shutout today but I really don't think Virginia had 64 shots. Virginia shot everything from everywhere on the ice and in the third period had 4 straight minutes of 5-3 so I guess maybe they did have that many shots but I would think it was much closer to 45. Impressive showing for him up north either way.