Section 3A 2016-2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Goldy I pm'ed you, but it shouldn't be a state secret to say the last name of the kid who is back for redwood. Who is it?

5 on 3 for redwood!!!
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

notTONIGHT wrote:Goldy I pm'ed you, but it shouldn't be a state secret to say the last name of the kid who is back for redwood. Who is it?

5 on 3 for redwood!!!
You didn't PM me.

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:Goldy I pm'ed you, but it shouldn't be a state secret to say the last name of the kid who is back for redwood. Who is it?

5 on 3 for redwood!!!
You didn't PM me.

You're right I didn't. Sorry goldy313

Going to the fridge instead of going to the parking lot must be catching up with me.

He's one of the two names you hear on the radio. You're right, all over the place
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Still 2-0.....end of 2.

RWV needs to stay out of the box, they aren't deep to begin with so killing penalties is wearing them out. Two too many men calls (and both were blatant)....the bench needs to get it together.
I aint no Bender

Post by I aint no Bender »

2-1 and nearly 2-2 quickly there after.
I aint no Bender

Redwood hanging on by their fingernails.
I aint no Bender

Redwood is nearly out of gas. 2-2
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Terrible time for Marshall to take a penalty. RV timeout 55 seconds left. Going to the PP
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Yea, even if the period ends, RWV gets a 3 minute rest.

Barnes is reall keeping the alive
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Can't imagine the minutes BM has logged
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Overtime at the GAC makes me want to take a BM
I aint no Bender

Tigers 3 The other Cardinals 2
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Did redwood play more than 8 skaters? Seriously...

Can't win playoffs with that short of a bench.

Marshall vs Luverne.

As old as butter and bread, or shoes and socks.

We hate each other.

Mayors should wager a take 16 brew vs a brau brother.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Marshall wins it....... RWV was just gassed, it seemed they tried to get out fast and hang on. Really not a bad strategy, had they gotten one on the 5 on 3 it may have been different. Marshall just kept plugging away and even though it was 2-0, it seemed like RWV had an uphill climb to win.

2 entertaining games, the second was better than the first.
I aint no Bender

notTONIGHT wrote:Did redwood play more than 8 skaters? Seriously...

Marshall vs Luverne.

We hate each other.

I like it! To be considered a Rivalry, Marshall has to start winning some of the matchups. It seems to me its been one sided as of late....meaning the last 5-6 years. Anyone help me out on this one?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

I aint no Bender wrote:

Marshall vs Luverne.

We hate each other.

I like it! To be considered a Rivalry, Marshall has to start winning some of the matchups. It seems to me its been one sided as of late....meaning the last 5-6 years. Anyone help me out on this one?
They beat us in the semis five years ago..since then I think they won once??

We always play the first week of the season so I think Luverne lost a few of those. Maybe not..We pretty much always whoop their a**
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

C'mon Bettman. Where you at
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

2 good games tonight at GAC. Redwood played to their best ability. Couple mental errors and fatigue set in and it spiraled from there . Can't imagine any RV fan is disappointed in the effort put fourth tonight. Games like that with half the town there watching help build the program though, which is what they need, more depth.

13 is the best player in the section and it's not debatable. 1 goal, a post (maybe 2) and a whole lot of hard faught minutes is how he's ending his RV hockey career.

Good game to Marshall for hanging in there and battling, will have their work cut out with them come Wednesday.

A healthy dose of 4-9-14 will be bringing Luverne to state.

Cards roll Wednesday.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:C'mon Bettman. Where you at
On his way to St. Peter to get a seat for Wednesday!
rollCARDSroll

Post by rollCARDSroll »

Marshall getting lit tonight!!
Edger

Post by Edger »

notTONIGHT wrote:
I aint no Bender wrote:

Marshall vs Luverne.

We hate each other.

They beat us in the semis five years ago..since then I think they won once??

We always play the first week of the season so I think Luverne lost a few of those. Maybe not..We pretty much always whoop their a**
Overall records vs each other since MSHSL play began.
Marshall 21 wins
Luverne 16 wins
1 tie.

Recently, yes. Luverne has had very nice teams. In the past, Marshall had some very nice teams.
Each have represented Section 3A ONCE in their histories, at the state tournament. ONCE, each.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Just in case coach Telecky needs a geography lesson.

Snark aside, why does he refuse to play in Luverne? I get they like the term"battle tested" at this time of year, but that's just code word for getting your teeth kicked in all but 5-8 times a year. Luverne has been the 1 seed five years in a row, and the most recent match ups have been really tilted heavily in favor of the Cards.

Can anyone shine some light on this? Hutch to state you still out there?
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

notTONIGHT wrote:Just in case coach Telecky needs a geography lesson.

Snark aside, why does he refuse to play in Luverne? I get they like the term"battle tested" at this time of year, but that's just code word for getting your teeth kicked in all but 5-8 times a year. Luverne has been the 1 seed five years in a row, and the most recent match ups have been really tilted heavily in favor of the Cards.

Better yet, why let a team qualify through a section they basically play no games in?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

fastncrash wrote:

Better yet, why let a team qualify through a section they basically play no games in?
Because the bottom of the section has Worthington, Windom, Fairmont, and Morris/Benson. No offense to those programs who are certainly doing the best they can, but Hutch is needed in the section to add a little more merit to it, 6 wins or not. I can assure you they would have a similar number of wins compared to Luverne if they played big south opponents twice a year instead of the wright county conference opponents they are currently facing. In case you haven't noticed playing 3A section games clearly doesn't prepare you for what's coming when you get to state.

Now Luverne is the better team and not many are going to argue that, but I can't imagine the current Hutch players got worse this year from playing some elite competition instead of traveling down I-90 and beating big south teams by double digits.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

GoldyGopher wrote:
fastncrash wrote:

Because the bottom of the section has Worthington, Windom, Fairmont, and Morris/Benson. No offense to those programs who are certainly doing the best they can, but Hutch is needed in the section to add a little more merit to it, 6 wins or not. I can assure you they would have a similar number of wins compared to Luverne if they played big south opponents twice a year instead of the wright county conference opponents they are currently facing. In case you haven't noticed playing 3A section games clearly doesn't prepare you for what's coming when you get to state.

Now Luverne is the better team and not many are going to argue that, but I can't imagine the current Hutch players got worse this year from playing some elite competition instead of traveling down I-90 and beating big south teams by double digits.
Great point, however, I'm not asking them to play the bottom of the section. I'm wondering why he won't play the top of the section. They currently play willmar, redwood, Windom! Why not Luverne? This clearly isn't hurting Luverne so I guess I should just let it be.