Section 3A 2016-2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Section 3A 2016-2017

Post by GoldyGopher » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:25 am

Let's get the chatter going. Who is the next man up in the coaching black hole that is Luverne and what player is going to lose all decent junior opportunities because of him?
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

Corn Cobb
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:16 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Section 3A 2016-2017

Post by Corn Cobb » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:01 pm

GoldyGopher wrote:Let's get the chatter going. Who is the next man up in the coaching black hole that is Luverne and what player is going to lose all decent junior opportunities because of him?

Is it Phil Paquette of which you speak of???

better late
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by better late » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:51 pm

It will be Phil Paquette. The Cardinals will win 16 games and lose in the semi-finals of the Section. Let's move on. Who are the real powers this year Goldy?

InigoMontoya
Posts: 1716
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:02 pm

better late wrote:It will be Phil Paquette. The Cardinals will win 16 games and lose in the semi-finals of the Section. Let's move on. Who are the real powers this year Goldy?
Will they make it to the semi-finals? In addition to Nelson, did they lose the SD kid and a goalie? If so, will they be better than New Ulm, LDC, Marshall, Redwood???

lamplighter98
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:51 am

Post by lamplighter98 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:33 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:
better late wrote:It will be Phil Paquette. The Cardinals will win 16 games and lose in the semi-finals of the Section. Let's move on. Who are the real powers this year Goldy?
Will they make it to the semi-finals? In addition to Nelson, did they lose the SD kid and a goalie? If so, will they be better than New Ulm, LDC, Marshall, Redwood???
I've not heard that they lost a goalie, but one kid decided to play Jr. Stampede.

thespellchecker
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Post by thespellchecker » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:39 pm

lamplighter98 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
better late wrote:It will be Phil Paquette. The Cardinals will win 16 games and lose in the semi-finals of the Section. Let's move on. Who are the real powers this year Goldy?
Will they make it to the semi-finals? In addition to Nelson, did they lose the SD kid and a goalie? If so, will they be better than New Ulm, LDC, Marshall, Redwood???
I've not heard that they lost a goalie, but one kid decided to play Jr. Stampede.
What is a JR Stampede? Tier 1, or something along NAHL?
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ

InigoMontoya
Posts: 1716
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 am

Tier 1

GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Post by GoldyGopher » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:24 am

better late wrote:It will be Phil Paquette. The Cardinals will win 16 games and lose in the semi-finals of the Section. Let's move on. Who are the real powers this year Goldy?
I have no clue. I think Redwood is going to score a lot of goals, and not stop many. I think New Ulm is going to be much better on the back end this year but struggle scoring. It's my opinion Luverne is going to have a much tougher time this year for obvious reasons. They are still better than most in the section, but no power house at all. I don't know enough yet to comment on the other competition. I see the section being much more competitive all around than it has been in years past though.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

BP
Posts: 955
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BP » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:12 am

Which kid left Luverne for Jr Stampede?

Slapper Al
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by Slapper Al » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:32 am

Looks like Nick Behrend. He had 42 pts as a junior last year.

zamboniexhaustinhaler
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:50 am

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:04 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:Tier 1
$$$$$

:P

stromboli
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by stromboli » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:49 pm

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:Tier 1
$$$$$

:P
Not always. Some kids end up paying the freight for others on some clubs. Other teams have outright financial support for a few kids.

Can't assume it's pay to play in all cases, even though it is for most.

zamboniexhaustinhaler
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:50 am

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:12 am

stromboli wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:Tier 1
$$$$$

:P
Not always. Some kids end up paying the freight for others on some clubs. Other teams have outright financial support for a few kids.

Can't assume it's pay to play in all cases, even though it is for most.
Tier 1 (or III) ?

It's safe to assume it's pay to play. :P

The "financial support" still includes the family coughing up big bucks.

stromboli
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by stromboli » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:34 am

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
stromboli wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:Tier 1
$$$$$

:P
Not always. Some kids end up paying the freight for others on some clubs. Other teams have outright financial support for a few kids.

Can't assume it's pay to play in all cases, even though it is for most.
Tier 1 (or III) ?

It's safe to assume it's pay to play. :P

The "financial support" still includes the family coughing up big bucks.
Tier 1. And no, some families don't have to cough up big bucks. That's my only point. But you can choose to believe that every kid playing tier 1 is paying $$$$$ if you want.

elliott70
Posts: 14210
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:55 am

ttt

Kinda_Normal_Tendy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:38 am

Post by Kinda_Normal_Tendy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Wow this place is boring without the daily post about how good Luverne is.

formersection3Afan
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by formersection3Afan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Kinda_Normal_Tendy wrote:Wow this place is boring without the daily post about how good Luverne is.
Some say Section 6A is the old section 3.

Thegoldenjet
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:03 pm

Post by Thegoldenjet » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:13 pm

Too much hate already. Those of you outside the section, you can drink your hatorade, we get it, best to conserve our energy for our personal goals. Those within the section, it will be a bunch of kids competing, and competing hard if their coaches are doing their job. Let's enjoy that. Compete hard, and respect the platform of that competition. I'm excited for Paquette, one of the fiercest competitors I've ever encountered and always made me better for it. Can't take a shift off or you're burnt.
I truly wish him well as he tries to make the transition into coaching high school hockey, especially in such a hallowed environ... :wink:

computerguy
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 pm

3a

Post by computerguy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:27 pm

First off for the first year coach is trying to get the parents to not put the carriage in front of the horse.... This has haunted the big red machine in the past few years i.e. New Ulm and Litchfield. I think he also played for the red machine back in the early days when they weren't taken seriously at all and were bounced from the playoffs usually in round 1 or 2. This is a very different situation he will be in now as these kids can play. Will he be able to get them to play or not? The last two guys (brown and schrutt) could not as they had the best players and lost to the better team.....

better late
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by better late » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:28 am

Hey Goldy, any news on the 3A scrimmage at your place yesterday?

GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Post by GoldyGopher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:21 am

better late wrote:Hey Goldy, any news on the 3A scrimmage at your place yesterday?
Goldy was nursing a hangover he encountered while watching the states sweethearts get completely destroyed in Mankato so he didn't make it to the scrimmage. I can tell you from the weekend that I still strongly dislike Don Lucia and wasting money to see such a diseased product.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

Kinda_Normal_Tendy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:38 am

Post by Kinda_Normal_Tendy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:53 am

better late wrote:Hey Goldy, any news on the 3A scrimmage at your place yesterday?
From what I saw during the scrimmages Willmar is way down this year unless they didn't have players there or something, New Ulm had some nice players but the drop off in talent was very steep, Redwood is Bailey Sommers and that's about it, and I only saw two lines from luverne touch the ice and they are nothing similar to what they've had the past 4 or 5 years, but their goaltending did look much improved in the short amount of time I watched. The little bit of the scrimmages I saw reassures me that litch is the early season favorite with what they have returning.

GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:28 pm

Where is everyone going tomorrow? I'll be taking in the latest Neuman product at the New Ulm Civic center. Looks like Neuman front loaded his schedule with 5 home games to start the year. I'll likely be able to catch the first 3 and have a pretty good idea what kind of team he is running out there every night by the weekend.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

CherryPicker99
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 am

Post by CherryPicker99 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Luverne beats Orono 3-2 tonight. Sounds like Luverne goalie had a great game. SOG were 42-17 in favor of Orono.

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:38 pm

CherryPicker99 wrote:Luverne beats Orono 3-2 tonight. Sounds like Luverne goalie had a great game. SOG were 42-17 in favor of Orono.

Which one played?

Post Reply