Former TG player Matt Olson severely injured

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockey_is_a_choice

Former TG player Matt Olson severely injured

Post by hockey_is_a_choice »

http://www.startribune.com/hockey-playe ... 369947421/

Please keep Matt and his family in your prayers. He's a great young man.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

My prayers are with him and his family.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

So sorry. Will keep Matt in my thoughts and prayers. GB
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

I'm sick to my stomach after reading this. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

Ugh.

This is being more and more common each season it seems; couple in the Canadian leagues too this winter, one kid same thing; hit a rut, etc.

Best to him and his family.
hockey_is_a_choice

Post by hockey_is_a_choice »

I know it's tournament time and the best of hockey is on display at the Xcel, but Matt Olson and his family need the State of hockey's support. Whether you are part of a public or private school, large association or small association, we invite you to join us as we offer support to Totino Grace alum Matt Olson and his family. Matt played varsity hockey for the Totino-Grace Eagles for four years and holds the school record for the most varsity games played.

Most recently, Matt played defense for the Chicago Cougars of the U. S. Premiere Hockey League. During a game on Sunday, February 21, he suffered a severe spinal injury that resulted in permanent damage. You can learn more about Matt’s progress on his CaringBridge site.

Totino-Grace is coordinating opportunities to support Matt and his family. The school hopes to offer comfort and assistance to the Olsons as they face these circumstances and make accommodations for Matt’s future needs, which will be extensive.

We invite you and your own extended communities to join us in our initiatives.

THIS WEEK:

On Thursday, March 3, TG students will be out of uniform for a green and gold day with a minimum $3 donation. The goal is to collect $5,000. Students will also sign a banner which will be sent to Matt in Chicago. Green and gold are the colors of the Matt’s Chicago Cougars USPHL team. Matt, a defenseman for the Cougars, wore jersey number 3.

Supporters have an opportunity to order a $10 t-shirt this week with proceeds dedicated to assisting the Olson family with expenses. Contact Kelly Refsnider at totinograce.org if you would like to order a t-shirt.

COMING UP:

On Saturday, April 2, the Totino-Grace boys hockey program will host their annual alumni game that will include a fundraising event and silent auction. Save the date! Details are in the works but the committee is accepting auction donations at this time. Contact Coach Mark Loahr at mark.loahr@totinograce.org

Visit the Matt Olson '14 news post on the TG web site for additional information and ideas for offering support to Matt and his family.

Please contact Kelly Refsnider at 763-571-9116 or kelly.refsnider@totinograce.org with questions or to share your plans to support Matt and the Olson family.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

Thanks for the updates.