Cretin over Benilde in OT

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

Cretin over Benilde in OT

Post by karl(east) »

Upset of the year...congrats to the Raiders? Anyone with a firsthand account?
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

I was wondering why nobody mentioned this yet!

Wow What a feeling CDH and their fans must have had winning that one in OT, after, I'm sure , nobody gave them a snowballs chance in hell
marchmadness

Post by marchmadness »

I was lucky enough to be at the game. Very good game. BSM definitely controlled the game. Not sure what the end shots were. CDH did a good job of spreading the ice and created chances when they could. They had 3 breakaway they did not score on and a few more chances the BSM goalie came up big on. Cretin's goalie played very well and the puck didn't seem to bounce BSM's way at times. CDH was a step slow in the first period but seemed to match BSM in the 2nd. They went up 3-1 but gave up a PP goal with 1 second left in the period. BSM scored another PP goal in the middle of the 3rd to tie it. BSM got called for a slash in the offensive zone right at a whistle a few minutes into overtime. I was on the other end and did not see the penalty. Either a soft call or a very stupid penalty. CDH scored just a few seconds into the PP on a deflected shot from the point.

All in all it was a great, back and forth game. Good to see BSM battle back and tie the game. I think most people in the building think they would finish it off. Congrats to CDH on showing some resolve and finishing the upset.
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

Not to dog BSM by any means , but they really didn't have too many impressive wins per their record, and I kind of thought it was a matter of time, I just thought it would be in the section finals.

They just didn't seem to have that potent offense, fancy "trickery" with the puck like LN did last year, or even EP this year